? servers

? players online

Jb t menu

• Content Count:  617

I feel we should change up how the ts obtain their contraband. With this idea we would put a t buy menu in place where a number of ts can buy armor,jihads,media shots, etc.

Now I'm not saying put guns in there but I feel it would spice up the game mode keep the cts on there feet and it would make rebeling a bit more interesting.

Now how it would work would be a lot like the jihad system we have now only a select number of ts could buy the contraband per round with in-game money.And for those who will ask they will be limited to 1 purchase per round

Feel free to give suggestions for this idea I'm open.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL
Forgot info / fixed issue

• Content Count:  3294

I had a little bit of an extended discussion with you in-game, so I'll leave the summary here.

I was thinking how HellsGamers/GFL Jailbreak has their Reputation system, and for those of you who don't know you gain "Reputation" by clicking E on colored medi-shots and "contraband" laid out through the map. This reputation can be used for a number of things, but most notable it is for creating gangs and firing the warden. It would also fit into the lore of a Prison a bit, as you have the commissary/shady trades between Prisoners.

I was thinking this could be used on our server, and have the "Contraband" (or whatever the credits are named) purchase the Jihad, Tac grenades, and more new items from a T menu. Obviously this credit would need to be hard to obtain because it can purchase the Jihad, but I believe we could find a balance. The only issue I find is what would be the point of a T-Menu/Shop where you can only buy one-three things? It doesn't provide much for the work required, when we already have a system to buy a Jihad and an addition like this would probably buff the Ts.

• Like 3
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  625

This is definitely a very work-intensive change and I like the suggestion of bringing back gangs, which can replace our current super competitive leaderboard.

Instead of having an entirely different credit system, why not just remove kill rewards and round win rewards? We can have a system that uses the money in-game to buy items, and gangs can be implemented in this system. For suggestions, if you kill a ct you get $2000,(if we get advanced enough possibly having gang income rewards can be a thing) for every new weapon you pick up you get $1000, etc. Then we can add to the jihad buy menu options such as buying a flash or smoke for $5000, a small healthboost or armor  for $7500, or maybe some wack things like bump mines.

If you're talking about adding gangs having team benefits for income could appeal to groups of players on JB that just can't solo rebel like the sweats on top 10.

I'm suggesting if a T buy menu should be added we could just build off the current jihad plugin as it uses money as currency.

• Like 1
Edited by splayd
No gun cuz chad bully

• Content Count:  927

4 minutes ago, splayd said:

This is definitely a very work-intensive change and I like the suggestion of bringing back gangs, which can replace our current super competitive leaderboard.

Instead of having an entirely different credit system, why not just remove kill rewards and round win rewards? We can have a system that uses the money in-game to buy items, and gangs can be implemented in this system. For suggestions, if you kill a ct you get $2000,(if we get advanced enough possibly having gang income rewards can be a thing) for every new weapon you pick up you get $1000, etc. Then we can add to the jihad buy menu options such as buying a healthshot for $5000, a glock/usp for $7500, or maybe some wack things like bump mines.

If you're talking about adding gangs having team benefits for income could appeal to groups of players on JB that just can't solo rebel like the sweats on top 10.

I'm suggesting if a T buy menu should be added we could just build off the current jihad plugin as it uses money as currency.

Just so everyone knows, I personally would never add something that allows Ts to buy weapons. 

Carry on with the discussion. :)

• Like 4

• Content Count:  958

I dont like the idea in the state its being proposed. Ts already have a big advantage so letting them buy shit at anytime is kinda wack. plus this eliminates the need for secrets if everyone can buy a gun when they spawn. the current system of buying a jihad and finding secrets works fine so i dont see a reason to replace it. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Chad said:

Just so everyone knows, I personally would never add something that allows Ts to buy weapons. 

Carry on with the discussion. :)

Ok i was just throwing it out there but maybe adding a flash, a bit of armor or a smoke for purchase would help. 

No guns

18 minutes ago, Dom said:

I dont like the idea in the state its being proposed. Ts already have a big advantage so letting them buy shit at anytime is kinda wack. plus this eliminates the need for secrets if everyone can buy a gun when they spawn. the current system of buying a jihad and finding secrets works fine so i dont see a reason to replace it. 

What I suggest would only take place in the first 15 seconds of the round. T's wont be able to buy items in times of need but they will be able to buy items and strategize how to use them during the round. Secrets will still be of great importance (no guns) but an extra flash or smoke can help counter a CT that buys their own buff as long as it is planned and thought out, such as rushing awp secret and buying a smoke ahead of time to cover themselves. It'll be a serious debuff to the jihad but will bring in other options of strategic playstyles excluding the jihad. I think trading the excessive jihad buying and lack of use for a more useful system that still allows Ts who want to buy the jihad to buy the jihad while giving more options to other Ts will be interesting.

• Like 1
Edited by splayd

8 minutes ago, Zero Two said:

That's what I'm saying the cts get to buy extra health media shots and other things why can't we let the ts buy a smoke nade or some armor to help counter the ct buffs

Considering what others are saying I'm just going to say that we want to stay as closer to the vanilla gameplay and having CTs rely on a third party source to save themselves all the time such as the ctbuy menu is a no-no in my opinion, the ctbuy menu is fine as is.

Reply to Thread