? servers

? players online

The overuse of Blatantly Disobeying...

• Content Count:  562

The amount of times a T or prisoner is killed for blatantly disobeying is absurd.  Blatantly Disobeying - When a prisoner is purposely disobeying in an attempt to escape and draw attention away from the main group. The cts abuse this to their advantage to all out just free kill T's and say they were blatant because anything can be defined as blatant and rarely is it reported / enforced upon. A new definition could be as followed Blatantly Disobeying - When a prisoner is actively trying to rebel in a way that forces CT'S ability to do their job to be a lot harder than before the blatant disobey happened. This should be a better definition because sometimes CT's situation is worse than the other times and if we use those same outline (rules) for different situation their will be a situation where warning shots disappear and blatantly disobeying will replace it. Obviously feel free to change up my definition to make it more suitable for the actual rules and i want to hear your feedback on my stance.

• Content Count:  1103

i think your new definition works really well

Blatantly Disobeying - When a prisoner is actively trying to rebel in a way that forces CT'S ability to do their job to be a lot harder than before the blatant disobey happened.

we gotta remember that this is the JB community we are talking about, if there is a loop hole they are going to abuse it. There will always going to be loopholes and there isn't much we can do about there being loopholes, but I believe this definition is WAY better.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

I really don't understand the effective difference here. Purposefully disobeying is quite literally the same thing as actively rebelling, as well as the second part of your 'new' definition is just a rewording of the current definition. Your suggestion just adds more word jumble to the current definition and can just add more confusion. I don't really see an issue with the whole "blatant disobey" thing because the point of Jailbreak is for the prisoners to rebel and kill the CTs. To some extent, you should be constantly thinking about how you can blatantly disobey to turn the round in your favor.

There's literally never been an issue with people killing over blatant disobey, and the way the rule is currently written is concise and clear, there's no change needed for it. It should just remain the same as it has been-- if you think you've been free killed, notify an online admin or make a player complaint if it gets extensive. 

Point being, even if this change is made, nothing will change. People will still kill the same, no need to add the extra words to bring no effect.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  576

I'm not sure if your new definition really changes much. 

Blatantly Disobeying - When a prisoner is actively trying to rebel in a way that forces CT'S ability to do their job to be a lot harder than before the blatant disobey happened. 

I feel like blatant disobeying should be defined as any act that causes the causes the CT's to lose track of the prisoners location, and overall forces the CT(s) to stray away from the main group to pursue. I've seen that people will classify "blatant disobey" as something as simple as for example, on electric revamp, going inside 3rd cell instead of the stairs. I've been killed for it even though they are within very short distance of each other. The CT's are very well aware of where I am at, but still end up getting killed instead of warning shot. People like to classify detours and delay as blatant disobeying, which needs to be halted. It is apparent that there is a loophole, and a change of wording is necessary. We'll leave this up to ZZL and Dom to see what they have to say. 

Prime example here. The original order was to follow the markers and one was put inside medic. The order was changed midway, and the prisoner took a step inside then back outside. The guard had full knowledge of where the prisoner was at.

• Like 2
Edited by Nate.

• Content Count:  248

I don't see much CTs falsely killing Ts for blatant disobey when they are just not following orders. Blatant disobey is one of those things that is not definite and takes experience on JB to understand. You could use every word in the dictionary and there will still be a blurry line between not following orders and blatant disobey.

In my opinion, blatant disobey is when a T disregards the order to the point where they are tying to hide or get to a secret, completely derailing the CTs focus on the other Ts.

Changing the definition wouldn't do much besides rewording it. I honestly don't see much of a problem here, this is just like how CTs give warning shots for minor reasons. As Error said, JB regulars like to abuse loopholes and skirt around the rules. As admins, it it our job to interoperate the rules and handle the situation accordingly and to educate the regs on the rules. Strict measures might be used to ensure that the CTs understand the explanation of blatant disobey.

Edit: I think this has to do more with admins not paying enough attention rather than CTs being strict. I will try and do better to educate the JB community on blatant disobey. But Dom and ZZL are way smarter than me, so I think they would come up with a better solution than me.

• Like 1
Edited by Easterpink

• Content Count:  958

On 12/23/2020 at 2:37 PM, phoenix_ said:

I really don't understand the effective difference here. Purposefully disobeying is quite literally the same thing as actively rebelling, as well as the second part of your 'new' definition is just a rewording of the current definition. Your suggestion just adds more word jumble to the current definition and can just add more confusion. I don't really see an issue with the whole "blatant disobey" thing because the point of Jailbreak is for the prisoners to rebel and kill the CTs. To some extent, you should be constantly thinking about how you can blatantly disobey to turn the round in your favor.

We don't plan on changing the blatantly disobeying definition again. What Phoenix said above pretty much answers this thread. The definitions suggested are more confusing with the way they are worded. @Nate.'s example is a little flawed as just because a CT knows where someone is doesn't always mean they aren't blatantly disobeying. Running into 3rd cell is going towards a secret with the intention of rebelling and as stated in the FAQ its blatantly disobeying. If there is ever a dispute about what counts as blatantly disobeying on the server either refer to the FAQ (below) or ask an admin to clarify for you.

•  Q- How does Blatantly Disobeying work?

A- Blatantly Disobeying is a term that means the prisoner has disobeyed enough for it to become negligent of the order and Guards can kill the Prisoner without a warning shot. A Prisoner is not Blatantly Disobeying for simply disobeying an order. Examples of Blatantly Disobeying are running far enough in the opposite direction of an order, or running into/towards a secret that is not in the path of the order. While Detouring/Delaying may seem like Blatantly Disobeying, it only turns into it once the Prisoner displays clear intent to not follow the order and escape. Most cases of Blatant Disobey are situational, so ask an administrator for clarity on the situation.

• Like 4
Edited by Dom

Reply to Thread