? servers

? players online

!warden

• Content Count:  562

Yeah I click baited the title, but I do think we should have a !warden command that has a pop up of some sorts in chat or on your screen that says the following, "We do not have a warden on this server. All guards can make valid orders. You can learn more about this here !rules" or something along those lines. Tell me what you guys think about this because it can stop confusion for new players coming from other servers. 

• Like 3
Edited by Kanye
Grammar

6 minutes ago, DabOfGravy said:

Just my input but that seams unnecessary when you have players/admins that can say the same thing. All it takes is one time to realize that there is no warden. Any more then that and they are just trolls.

completely ignoring the point of the command to stop them asking in the first place. If it goes any farther than that then an admin can mute them. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  903

3 hours ago, Kanye said:

completely ignoring the point of the command to stop them asking in the first place.

Not speaking for ZZL or Dom but I'm sure they'll agree on this, No.

Asking/typing "is there a/not a warden on this server?" will get a quicker response & doesn't cause any unnecessary work.

I've made a rough illustration to show the point.

3UqSAKv.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

Asking/typing "is there a/not a warden on this server?" will get a quicker response & doesn't cause any unnecessary work.

3UqSAKv.jpg

Now this is cool diagram and all but this is only used for new players that came from another server that did have a warden. Yes there will always be the "is there a warden" with a response but, why would we need to advertise a command only needed for new people? As well as players using it that would simply just be someone just joins CT who is new and tries to type in !warden which then the prompt shows up. Now speaking from the outside standpoint of coding a plugin doesn't sound that bad when it's as simple as just a prompt (which I realize isn't simple in coding always). As well as unnecessary work is just simply not true, since it would actually help with new players. Hopefully someone can give me some insight into how hard this would be, by a someone that has experience doing it in the past or currently doing it please.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  903

4 hours ago, Kanye said:

Now this is cool diagram and all but this is only used for new players that came from another server that did have a warden. Yes there will always be the "is there a warden" with a response but, why would we need to advertise a command only needed for new people?

When I say "advertise" I'm talking through chat so people know that the !warden command exists on our server. Some player's may already have a !warden command on their "main" server and try it without needing an advert but not every new player will.

4 hours ago, Kanye said:

Now speaking from the outside standpoint of coding a plugin doesn't sound that bad when it's as simple as just a prompt (which I realize isn't simple in coding always). As well as unnecessary work is just simply not true, since it would actually help with new players. Hopefully someone can give me some insight into how hard this would be, by a someone that has experience doing it in the past or currently doing it please.

I can't speak on the nitty gritty of plugin/code building but it really is unnecessary. Maybe not to you as you don't have experience with it (not a diss) but rarely is there a time when there are so few people w mics or server knowledge on JB that will make this a necessity. This is also an opportunity for our player's that are looking to do more (helping new players), to get their foot in the door.

When making an advert for it in chat, what would it say without it being "!warden will show you that there is no warden" or something similar. The adverts give a quick description of the command so player's know when to use it, it'll have a description that'll show the command useless. If anything just have a quick prompt when you load in saying "play ct if you'd like to be a guard // *no warden*".

I love that you're looking for new ways to improve the server but just being honest, this isn't the one in my eye's. Most of our Admin applicant's come from JB and I'm gonna use this as a little shout-out but just yesterday with this same situation, a new player asked if there was a warden and @DabOfGravy answered him quicker then I could.

A !warden command will be created & implemented just for it to be useless, so that's why I say it's unnecessary when there are other quicker & less time consuming way's of achieving the same goal.

• Like 4
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  634

I kind of like the idea of this as;

The answer you will usually get from someone on the server is "there is no warden" which doesn't really  answer the question. if they have to ask, they have previous expectations from their previous experience on a separate server. having a way for them to find out for themselves and integrate without having to break the ice about it being their first time CAN BE A REALLY GREAT THING. 

A ct having to ask about warden is "fail RP"  and takes  away from the setting of the server. if this was hard to implement or a huge download, sure it wouldnt be worth it. but this is about as simple of a suggestion as it gets. Its literally an Input list & an output.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:15 AM, Mace said:

3UqSAKv.jpg

On 8/28/2021 at 10:18 AM, Mace said:

When I say "advertise" I'm talking through chat so people know that the !warden command exists on our server. Some player's may already have a !warden command on their "main" server and try it without needing an advert but not every new player will.

I can't speak on the nitty gritty of plugin/code building but it really is unnecessary. Maybe not to you as you don't have experience with it (not a diss) but rarely is there a time when there are so few people w mics or server knowledge on JB that will make this a necessity. This is also an opportunity for our player's that are looking to do more (helping new players), to get their foot in the door.

When making an advert for it in chat, what would it say without it being "!warden will show you that there is no warden" or something similar. The adverts give a quick description of the command so player's know when to use it, it'll have a description that'll show the command useless. If anything just have a quick prompt when you load in saying "play ct if you'd like to be a guard // *no warden*".

I love that you're looking for new ways to improve the server but just being honest, this isn't the one in my eye's. Most of our Admin applicant's come from JB and I'm gonna use this as a little shout-out but just yesterday with this same situation, a new player asked if there was a warden and @DabOfGravy answered him quicker then I could.

A !warden command will be created & implemented just for it to be useless, so that's why I say it's unnecessary when there are other quicker & less time consuming way's of achieving the same goal.

I don't think the target demographic would need it to be advertised to them, it would be a way to target players from other servers who are there for the first time and are trying to play the same way they do on other servers. it would give a quality response, not a quick one.  all it would take to implement fully is going to other JB servers and copying the commands they already have for warden and adding them to the command list for that response...

Also having server rules pop up in chat once a map or so like;  cells must be open by 4, you must wait 2:30 seconds to force a dg, armory stairs are always kos isn't a bad idea when talking about reaching the new new players. heaps of ways to reach out to them, as they don't have anything pre determined about JB.

@dolofeel free to correct me I'm going 1000 miles an hour just had tea

TL;DR  If I went and made the command would you put it on the server...?

• Like 1
Edited by The Real Slim Jim
stuff

• Content Count:  3294

Gentlemen there's a lot of words in this topic here but I'll slim an official response down.

We can easily add a command like "!warden" and then a response is given in chat, that's basic sourcepawn (CS:GO coding). If you've typed a command like !apply or !donate in the past you'll see we actually already have a plugin like this on the server. However, there's really no need for it. We're generally notorious for being that one Jailbreak server without a warden, but regardless there's plenty of hints for people to see there's no warden. In-game chatter beside, we advertise !info and !faq commands where we let them get the run-down of our rules and actually have an explicit section in !faq dedicated to newer players and the topic of there being a warden; This section also addresses other common rules on other Jailbreak servers that we don't allow here.

fc30143d9e0e370050a209f17230fce5.png

de46301c483872e8bd15c3a1079a2eab.png

25ad2480fcfa1961ed7345b736f843ed.jpg

2 hours ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

Also having server rules pop up in chat once a map or so like;  cells must be open by 4, you must wait 2:30 seconds to force a dg, armory stairs are always kos isn't a bad idea when talking about reaching the new new players. heaps of ways to reach out to them, as they don't have anything pre determined about JB.

We already have a lot of chat advertisements, and at that point certain adverts towards the end of the list will never be seen in-game if you put too many. Advertising !info and !faq is better than individually advertising the rules, as we have a giant catalog there and as well as here on the forums.

Human interaction is always better than a dull page of text however, so consider just talking to them in-game and answering their questions rather than shoving a bind to read the rules in their face.

Edit:

After pestering from @The Real Slim Jim we can discuss adding !w and !warden as supplementary chat responder commands to say there are no wardens...

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.