? servers

? players online

Repeating Orders

• Content Count:  634

good luck and strap in for the *hit fest

currently every time I join the server (yes after a long leave of absence) I am hit in the face with the same orders every round.

this isnt a new thing but the intensity with which these repeated orders derail every round back to back to back is at a new peak. 

so far a new player on the servers @DALERJONhas co

so far a new member on our servers ( @DALERJON) has decided that after giving a normal and streamlined order,  he/she/it will give the t's a chance to play an optional deathgame. 

now that is a great step foward in bringing some fresh new orders to the server if you ask me. but it seems like the way he does it is a little out of pocket.

typically he will start the round off with some fire, and then he will let his ego take hold of the situation. he seems to get mad at the thought of any other ct giving orders or having some form of control over the round, and if they do have some form of round control he will tank the round instead of helping his team. I understand that this is a part of the learning curve to our servers, but i hope that this discussion, while not aimed at being a witch hunt, will shed some light on the general servers mood right now aswell as giving other members a chance to talk about their experiences with the recent uprising in derailed rounds.

current round structure: 

1) step out freeze

2) if u want optional dg go to marker

3) all other t's go to iso

4) ...repeat it next round changing the location

In my opinion we need a new rule to limit the amount of times an optional dg can be played per map as it is currently draining all the energy from the ct side.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  764

I may be wrong but I believe there is a current rule for jb stating that you cannot give the same order for over 3 rounds. Like a freeday 3 rounds in a row is not allowed because it's just continuously giving the same order. So technically an admin is able to punish him because he is giving the same order over and over. I have witnessed this though and it is very annoying to do the same thing over and over.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Onto another subject, I don't believe we need to limit deathgames ESPECIALLY because they're optional. He is not forcing any T's to do the death games, plus death games makes the server a lot more enjoyable for some players. I do really enjoy death games and feel optional death games do not need to be limited. Now onto non optional, I think these also don't need to be limited, these are only enforceable at 2:30 or less. Rounds rarely last over 2 minutes long and if it does most CT's wont event enforce death games anyways.

Edited by Che

• Content Count:  565

14 minutes ago, Che said:

I may be wrong but I believe there is a current rule for jb stating that you cannot give the same order for over 3 rounds. Like a freeday 3 rounds in a row is not allowed because it's just continuously giving the same order. So technically an admin is able to punish him because he is giving the same order over and over. I have witnessed this though and it is very annoying to do the same thing over and over.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

that's is correct however it's not 3, the # of repeating orders may be just discretion by admins 

Guards CANNOT...

• Harm Prisoners unless orders are not being fulfilled or they are rebelling.
  • Obstruct a Prisoners ability to follow the orders. 
  • Bait, subject to admin discretion. If a Prisoner damages the Guard they are still KOS.
  • Gunplant.
  • Enforce or create their own KOS rules. This means Guards cannot bypass warning shots for situations that call for them, despite saying otherwise.
  • Repeat the same order often.
  • Use gun name tags as evidence, however they can use the kill feed.
  • Order Prisoners to have a warday, to AFK freeze, or declare themselves as warden.
  • Abuse Special Orders or give them in text chat; Special orders must be given in voice chat and can be overridden without counting as a conflicting order.
  • Use the First Order (!fo) to speak about other topics (Orders only)
  • Give Chat Orders during the First Order (!fo)
  • Order Prisoners to crouch walk. They also cannot keep the Prisoners frozen for an extended period of time. Read the FAQ Post below for more information.

Usually admins don't punish for repeating same orders(mostly just warn) especially to newer players but it is possible

Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  1105

When I used to admin this was a problem back then too and instead of instantly going to warning/threatening them with the punishment I tried giving them suggestions on how to change up the sequence on a round-by-round basis. I will agree the few occasions I have been on it's LITERALLY the same shit he spews every round (Take one step out, face the back, crouch, and freeze) and it is quite frustrating to do the same thing over and over and see the lack of enforcement of rules coming from the newer admins. 

I feel like this also falls on the admins not only the players themselves because the players should know the rules of the servers but are not required to. It's up to the admins and they're responsible for stopping what happens on the servers whether it be free kills, gun planting, or repeat orders, you cannot expect the players to change the ways they do things when the admins themselves do the same thing and either refuse or don't act on rule breakers. 

I don't think there need to be new rules added since both @Dom and @TheZZL(If he's still on JB) stated that the current rule structure does not need to be changed since it seems to work "fine" for the current "meta" on JB. I think Ts need to stop being dickheads to newer CTs and forcing them off CT because they don't know what they're doing and allow more freedom to who's playing and more creativity to orders which will solve a whole lot of problems people have been complaining of. 

that's just my 2c tho

Edited by Steven.

• Content Count:  958

this is not an official answer, just my current thoughts on the thread. 

the way I see it, rules should be as simple and as basic as possible. we shouldn’t have to add or change rules to babysit the playerbase. sure there are exceptions where you have to cover grey areas if a serious issue comes up, but for the most part I disagree with the idea that we need to add more rules to make sure people play a certain way. 

with this current situation, there is already a rule that states Guards cannot give the same order too many times. like steven said it falls on both players for giving shit orders and admins for not enforcing the rule. if you see that admins aren’t enforcing stuff like this @ them in admin chat or make an admin complaint/report it to a CA+ if it becomes a serious issue.

the topic of bad CTs comes up a lot and the best way to change that is by playing CT yourself and giving better orders. there is nothing wrong with doing optional deathgames every round as multiple maps have up to like 15 different minigames so its not that hard to change up the orders. optional deathgames are optional meaning no one is forcing you to play, so adding a rule to limit the amount of optional deathgames you can do per map doesn’t really make sense. CT side isnt a one man team, the other guards can give orders while one person runs a deathgame. If a specific player is causing issues you can always record evidence and make a player complaint. 

again, this is not a final answer, just my current opinions. we will discuss this at our next meeting and if anything changes i’ll update the thread with whatever solution/answer we come up with. 

• Like 3
Edited by Dom

• Content Count:  7

I see where u are coming from slim jim, as person who plays t regularly, the repetition of orders gives a sense of boredom especially if someone gives the same optional death game 4 rounds in a row(i usually go on my phone during such orders) . However, its not the rules that hinder a player from giving different orders but rather their lack of creativity? I personally see no problems with the current rules as they should be a guideline for players rather than forcing them to play in a certain way (as Dom stated). 

• Content Count:  958

On 11/20/2021 at 1:51 AM, Dom said:

this is not an official answer, just my current thoughts on the thread. 

the way I see it, rules should be as simple and as basic as possible. we shouldn’t have to add or change rules to babysit the playerbase. sure there are exceptions where you have to cover grey areas if a serious issue comes up, but for the most part I disagree with the idea that we need to add more rules to make sure people play a certain way. 

with this current situation, there is already a rule that states Guards cannot give the same order too many times. like steven said it falls on both players for giving shit orders and admins for not enforcing the rule. if you see that admins aren’t enforcing stuff like this @ them in admin chat or make an admin complaint/report it to a CA+ if it becomes a serious issue.

the topic of bad CTs comes up a lot and the best way to change that is by playing CT yourself and giving better orders. there is nothing wrong with doing optional deathgames every round as multiple maps have up to like 15 different minigames so its not that hard to change up the orders. optional deathgames are optional meaning no one is forcing you to play, so adding a rule to limit the amount of optional

deathgames you can do per map doesn’t really make sense. CT side isnt a one man team, the other guards can give orders while one person runs a deathgame. If a specific player is causing issues you can always record evidence and make a player complaint. 

again, this is not a final answer, just my current opinions. we will discuss this at our next meeting and if anything changes i’ll update the thread with whatever solution/answer we come up with. 

this is now the official answer. we will not be changing any rules as it is unnecessary. at the end of the day this is an issue with admins not enforcing the current rule of "Guards CANNOT... Repeat the same order often.". As I said above, either report the player to admins or make a player complaint if people are breaking the rules. 

• Like 3

Reply to Thread