? servers

? players online

Mass Demotions

• Content Count:  4441

2 minutes ago, jazzy said:

does it really negatively affect anyone if they have a green name on the forums

Yes.

Mediocrity is a cancer in these communities and should always be snuffed out. You really have posts where people blame the death of the community on CS:GO when the game tops a million players a day, it's a symptom. It's extremely obvious how inactive admins become inactive CA's and that inactive CA's become inactive AO's. People with zero bans, no activity, almost no measurable contributions just rise the ranks lol. All of the sudden they love sitting on Discord and doing nothing so much so that it's the direction the community should take in their fucked up mind. The community won't run properly unless it takes a 180 from caring very little about being results oriented to having a tight-knit group of people who care. You stop being able to gauge a communities value based on the amount of fun everyone is having when the community is completely dead. It took an extremely long time for people to stop coping about whether the community was dying & admit to the issues. I'm trying to point out this issue of being overly lenient. Having standards of your staff makes people who do good work not loathe the dumb motherfuckers who are ruining everything due to a lack of proper oversight.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2167

1 minute ago, All Ts said:

You really have posts where people blame the death of the community on CS:GO when the game tops a million players a day, it's a symptom.

I've already said before on here that I really don't agree with this argument.

Also aren't you the one failing to accurately measure success? It seems like you're the one dead set on measuring the success of SG by the success of their CSGO servers but there seems to be quite a bit of fun being had in the discord. I see a lot of people join voice chat every day playing random games.

If anything I think SG's gameserver posture just doesn't match SG's population. Plenty of SG admins and players are playing video games, it's just not CSGO man.

• Content Count:  1654

37 minutes ago, All Ts said:

You'd need a new VP, possibly an official stand in President and have Caution be owner if he doesn't have the time. 

VP and P changes are currently off the table as Caution and Gator are currently very active and have been constantly discussing changes and issues surrounding the community. We currently have a BD meeting planned for 9/4 and have many topics in our agenda. A BD meeting notes thread may or may not be released, will determine soon whether or not this will be necessary. With that being said this thread and general topic discussion will definitely be brought up as multiple BDs, including myself, are in agreement with some of the points you have brought up. 

• Like 2

Just now, jazzy said:

I've already said before on here that I really don't agree with this argument.

Also aren't you the one failing to accurately measure success? It seems like you're the one dead set on measuring the success of SG by the success of their CSGO servers but there seems to be quite a bit of fun being had in the discord. I see a lot of people join voice chat every day playing random games.

If anything I think SG's gameserver posture just doesn't match SG's population. Plenty of SG admins and players are playing video games, it's just not CSGO man.

We can agree to disagree beyond this response just for the sake of the thread but I don't consider Discord a viable alternative to having unique, replayable content such as servers or events. The people who used to come to SG used to only tolerate it's extremely abrasive community due to the servers. The hang out I have with my personal friends has more activity then what SG has and that's not a diss it's just a point that should be made. You can retro fit Discord servers and make them complimentary to something else, but it is never going to be a long-term solution.

You are very genuine about SG being able to have success away from CS:GO, but the downfall of the servers is based in laziness, lack of leadership, and general failure. I'm also completely for and have always been for getting away from CS:GO when the community has the right people to do it. It's a smart thing to do and I wish it would have been done differently when the opportunity was there. Generally speaking a lot of the people who have ventured off to do stuff like that haven't done it for the most pure reasons or would have failed no matter what game they tried to make a server on. If I get specific you'll have a lot of angry old people in here yelling at me and demanding me be banned.

@Greggy G

That's good to hear, I obviously can't see everything from my end and want to clarify that I have no personal issue with these people. If they commit to this I have no doubt they could make it work.

• Content Count:  1654

2 minutes ago, All Ts said:

@Greggy G

That's good to hear, I obviously can't see everything from my end and want to clarify that I have no personal issue with these people. If they commit to this I have no doubt they could make it work.

No offense taken, we understand that in order for real substantial change to occur, sometimes, being brutally honest is the best path forward. I won’t speak for the rest of the board but I’ll give my 2c. I believe we have moved too far from being brutally honest and making the tough decisions of letting certain people come back or go. For some time now our mindset was to focus on leniency and give multiple chances but, it’s become increasingly obvious that this way of thinking has gone too far and have made people feel too comfortable staying within our ranks without the risk of being removed dishonourably. If you are a person within our ranks that feels like theirs no pressure to commit to action and start putting in the effort, you won’t last long. 

• Content Count:  2206

I just want to add here for those of you who have this opinion that Gator and Caution are to blame or need to be removed. I will agree that at one point, that was a viable option and probably for that specific point in time the way to go. Since they told us they were coming back and being active I've seen changes for the better in how our staff communicates and how decisions are made.

I also think its asinine to say that the guy who successfully ran the community for the last 10 years doesn't know what he's doing. True, he may not be as in tune with specific communities for each server but he knows how to handle the community as a whole and that is not something(no offense) anyone else on the Board can just strap up and do at this point in time. If he goes AWOL again for an extended amount of time and things are hitting the fan, then I would agree we need a interim president or someone who can make the final decision in a timely manner without having to run it by Caution.

Behind the scenes, wheels are are getting greased and engines are being primed. Those that are committed will hang around in some fashion or the alternative is retirement or a role that requires less of a time commitment.

5 minutes ago, kabLe said:

I also think its asinine to say that the guy who successfully ran the community for the last 10 years doesn't know what he's doing. True, he may not be as in tune with specific communities for each server but he knows how to handle the community as a whole and that is not something(no offense) anyone else on the Board can just strap up and do at this point in time. If he goes AWOL again for an extended amount of time and things are hitting the fan, then I would agree we need a interim president or someone who can make the final decision in a timely manner without having to run it by Caution.

Who said this? 

1 hour ago, All Ts said:

You'd need a new VP, possibly an official stand in President and have Caution be owner if he doesn't have the time. Every AO other than Dominic, kabLe, Damon, Asher, Thrza, and Zero Two and even that might be a bit or very generous. Nearly all admins should be made to recommit to their position. They might be pissed off but if you can't handle it you probably don't really care to begin with. Just my 2c and I'm sure I could be slightly off but there's no way I'm that far. BD's should be required to take on a server or official project, demoted if they can't make it succeed so someone else can come in & do better.

does this not imply that they would have to be removed in order for someone else to step in? If not then I apologize as thats how I interpreted it

2 minutes ago, kabLe said:

does this not imply that they would have to be removed in order for someone else to step in? If not then I apologize as thats how I interpreted it

If you make 6 more words to the right red then we're on the same page based on what you said here:

I will agree that at one point, that was a viable option and probably for that specific point in time the way to go. Since they told us they were coming back and being active I've seen changes for the better in how our staff communicates and how decisions are made.

It wasn't the point I was making, but if people judged the staff or Caution for the community getting to this point I wouldn't think it's asinine at all. Leaders always are at fault, that's the burden you take. It's just not the battle I'd take personally quite yet. Eventually you might see me come here and tell them to pass the torch. 

1 minute ago, All Ts said:

If you make 6 more words to the right red then we're on the same page based on what you said here:

It wasn't the point I was making, but if people judged the staff or Caution for the community getting to this point I wouldn't think it's asinine at all. Leaders always are at fault, that's the burden you take. It's just not the battle I'd take personally quite yet. Eventually you might see me come here and tell them to pass the torch. 

I don't disagree with this at all, I'm just saying if they are back and active who else in this community has the proven track record of running the community successfully? 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread