? servers

? players online

Presidential Address

• Content Count:  903

Even with only joining the community a few years ago, SG does feel like a different place than the one I was a part of on the daily, I do miss those days.

While I don’t agree with some decisions made within the community in the past, I do understand that they were necessary to keep the community going and to keep it “alive” (even tho SG wasn’t gonna be “dying” ie. shut down)

I neither dislike or hold a negative view of the ones that made those decisions either. Hate the game, not the player, right.

Honestly, the group at the top that’s here are good leaders. Being a leader means making the hard choices for the greater good, even if it’s not a beloved choice.

As long you red names are making decisions to help the community thrive and not for self interests, you’ll always have my support.

@Revenga specifically. Congrats on your new position!

I never had the opportunity to speak with you, for a long time I honestly thought you were a silent TA. (while still respecting the work you were doing, TA’s are the most important role)

From seeing your responses and how you carry yourself, I’m really happy to see you standing at the helm. I like the way you’re thinking and respect the rationale you’re giving, when it comes to change of the community/members over time and an unbiased outlook on decision making/openness on current potential issues with decisions made.

I’m excited to see what comes.

I hope as well to see a spot for myself to comeback and contribute in the future.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1257

@RevengaAll good points.  Things are constantly evolving, and gaming has done so as well.  WIth the introduction of Discord, I think most people left gaming servers behind; and even most modern multiplayer games no longer support classic server browsers or even direct connect.  

Just out of curiosity, a quick check and it seems like the only remaining gaming community from back then even still around is hellsgamers, and looking at their servers and forums, they are a fragment of what they use to be.  

I do indeed miss coming on and seeing at least 70-80 active users live on the forums at any given moment, a constant stream of posts, and Ventrilo having dozens of people hanging out in active voice chat.  I do hope steamgamers finds its new identity, and with it a breath of new life.  

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2167

On 12/24/2022 at 6:58 PM, Spiritwind said:

Take this any way you want, but to be honest, over the last few years, things have just changed so much that steamgamers does not feel the same.  There have been some, in my opinion, incredibly bad decisions that I do not feel a desire to even voice, and while I come here from the nostalgia, I don't feel like it will ever be the same, and any desire I have to play on the servers left years ago.  

Maybe it is just the fact that the majority of the people I used to know are long gone, and that I'm old enough to the point its hard to feel a connection whenever I try and rejoin.  

spacer.png

OG's poppin in tho.

Reply to Thread