? servers

? players online

“BD Designations” Update

• Content Count:  903

Hey so with this thread being put out a bit ago. BD Designation There have been quite a few changes in the community ranging from a change in our highest-up leadership but also the abolishment of CA.

I’m asking for the sake of transparency, is this the format that is still being implemented currently?

Have discussion(s) happened since these changes and if so, what were the results?

IMO this isn’t a pressing issue by any means, just a general thought from looking at the past thread.
Should talk about it when you all feel it’s an appropriate time to if not.

I’m curious to see how this same layout will work as of right now or if changes are made.

• Like 1
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  2668

32 minutes ago, Mace said:

Hey so with this thread being put out a bit ago. BD Designation There have been quite a few changes in the community ranging from a change in our highest-up leadership but also the abolishment of CA.

I’m asking for the sake of transparency, is this the format that is still being implemented currently?

Have discussion(s) happened since these changes and if so, what were the results?

IMO this isn’t a pressing issue by any means, just a general thought from looking at the past thread.
Should talk about it when you all feel it’s an appropriate time to if not.

I’m curious to see how this same layout will work as of right now or if changes are made.

I oversee everything and make all decisions.

/thread

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2504

More info to come later as some things are still being worked out and discussed, but I'll give a general response for now.

At the moment, there's more teamwork happening in the BD+ ranks instead of "you're assigned this, you're assigned that".  We're all kinda just helping each other out on the same stuff right now.  What that entails is everything from simple discussions, to physically building/testing servers, talking about what we want the near/far future to look like for the community and how to get there, etc.  Assigning specific BDs to specific areas may be worked out with time, but at the moment this is the easiest approach for us so we can focus on one thing at a time so to speak.

I will say though, that if there is anything we could use a hand with at the moment for anyone looking to help, it's simply playing in the servers and staying active on the forum.  If you notice there hasn't been anyone on one of the servers in a while, usually they just need a little kick to get going, so invite some friends and spread the word.  If you see not a lot of posts on the forum, make a thread about anything really and try to get some responses, whether it's SG-related or otherwise.  Getting the servers & forum active again will GREATLY help us continue moving changes forward and get us to the point where we have new regulars coming in again.

Good question Mace, and it may not be a pressing issue, but hopefully this clears things up.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread