? servers

? players online

Hogwarts Legacy

• Content Count:  160

Anyone else excited or going to play the new Hogwarts Legacy game when it releases on February 10th?

Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. For the first time, experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it.

If you haven't heard of it and are a Harry potter fan would highly recommend looking into it!

Here's a link to the games launch trailer.

You can also go to the Wizardingworld.com website now and take a quiz to be sorted to your house and to get your wand picked! Link

I got placed into Gryffindor and was given a Laurel Wand with a Dragon Core.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

What'd you guys think? After dumping a pretty good amount of hours in and getting all the achievements, I gotta say I loved it overall. There were some bugs with crashing on loading scenes, but a recent patch fixed that all up for me. Additionally, I thought it was a bit unbelievable about some of the side quests and gathering stuff where other people were basically like "I can't figure out the puzzle!" when it's blatantly simple. Outside of that though, I thought the visuals, story, gameplay, etc., were all fairly well done. It was a bit repetitive with some of the side stuff, but I wouldn't say it was too bad. I think they overhyped the whole 'will you be good or evil' thing, as there's extremely minimal difference with anything outside of an RP aspect, ie no choices really have any outcome on the overall story. While I probably wouldn't repeat it with the intention of doing 100% of the things, I would definitely replay it in the near future, probably in a year or two.

• Content Count:  3056

Didn't come in with the hugest of expectations, so I was very pleasantly 'surprised'. Gameplay felt good, graphics were overall pretty good as well. The Hogwarts 'feel' was there for sure. Overall really solid game, even if you're not necessarily into Harry Potter. Really loved the shadow-dash thing that I can't remember the name of, just looked and felt amazing.

It could obviously be better, but could've also been a lot worse. Didn't feel like it was just pushed out to make some easy Harry Potter money. One of the things I really would want improved would be the animation when people talk though, that really looked ass to me and sorta made me lose focus and/or just skip all conversation.

Granted I've 'only' played about 30 hours doing most sidestuff I can find, so I haven't finished it yet. Last 'main' part I think I got was the Griffin (which I don't think is a spoiler due to it being a pre-order bonus?)

Absolutely gonna finish it at some point!

• Content Count:  11501

2 hours ago, Banana Joe said:

Didn't come in with the hugest of expectations, so I was very pleasantly 'surprised'. Gameplay felt good, graphics were overall pretty good as well. The Hogwarts 'feel' was there for sure. Overall really solid game, even if you're not necessarily into Harry Potter. Really loved the shadow-dash thing that I can't remember the name of, just looked and felt amazing.

It could obviously be better, but could've also been a lot worse. Didn't feel like it was just pushed out to make some easy Harry Potter money. One of the things I really would want improved would be the animation when people talk though, that really looked ass to me and sorta made me lose focus and/or just skip all conversation.

The shadow-dash thing definitely gave a death-eater vibe which was super cool, agreed. I think they kept quidditch out due to possible plans to make a quidditch-only game, but that's just my theory. I can't, for the life of me, understand why they wouldn't include it in the game otherwise. They don't even have intentions to add that later in the game, so it's the only thing I can come up with.

I wish it would have been a smidge more like GTA or something. Like having aurors and shit after you for doing unforgiveable curses. It kinda seemed like a weird combo of kid-oriented / adult-oriented.

• Content Count:  8754

I've thrown probably 10 hours so far and loving it. I'd imagine a future iteration will have more of a morality system like KOTOR (if I remember correctly) but the lore itself makes me love it.

It definitely caters towards kids to your point on the material itself, but also some adult themes mixed in. Fun for most ages imo

Reply to Thread