? servers

? players online

Jordan Neely: The Left and BLM's Latest Moronic Martyr

• Content Count:  965

4 hours ago, Infinityward said:

POV: Your entire Political Philosophy is Establishment Bad

spacer.png

The conclusion is establishment bad. If I had to take a shot in the dark I'd guess that Wawa's political philosophy is based around class analysis. If that's the case...he's right lmao

• Content Count:  908

21 minutes ago, ThRza said:

The conclusion is establishment bad. If I had to take a shot in the dark I'd guess that Wawa's political philosophy is based around class analysis. If that's the case...he's right lmao

It was a half meme, but I tend to find that most people at the extreme ends of the political spectrum tend to be 99.9999999999% anti establishment and it's a very useful descriptor.

It's why you had trumpers and leftists being vaccine skeptic, its why far righters and lefties say "but america do bad thing" in regards the Ukraine, it's why lefties and the alt right think pretty much every American institution needs to be torn down (ex. FDA, IRS, electoral college, military, police, etc). 

Edited by Infinityward

32 minutes ago, Infinityward said:

It was a half meme, but I tend to find that most people at the extreme ends of the political spectrum tend to be 99.9999999999% anti establishment and it's a very useful descriptor.

It's why you had trumpers and leftists being vaccine skeptic, its why far righters and lefties say "but america do bad thing" in regards the Ukraine, it's why lefties and the alt right think pretty much every American institution needs to be torn down (ex. FDA, IRS, electoral college, military, police, etc). 

Oh you're correct about the left being anti-establishment, but it'd do you some good in your analysis to distinguish between the right's reasons for being anti-establishment, and the left's reasons. It's important to consider how people reach the conclusion that the existing state is bad, otherwise you risk being reductive. As a side note, I haven't seen many lefties that were skeptical about vaccines, and I have to wonder what kind of goofy ass takes have you've come across. lmao

Meme acknowledged. 

• Content Count:  3740

5 hours ago, Infinityward said:

POV: Your entire Political Philosophy is Establishment Bad

spacer.png

Nah, I'm not an anarchist.  My political philosophy is simple:  a society that spends 80% of their lives in the workplace deserves their basic needs being met such as housing, healthcare, food security, etc.  We should also strive to become a fairer, collaborative, more egalitarian society instead of a hyper-individualistic narcissistic one that condemns the victim of a murder for being homeless despite the overall majority of the population being one healthcare crisis away from being Jordan Neely.  If that makes me 'Establishment Bad', imagine what that says about our current establishment from both parties.

3 minutes ago, Wawa said:

We should also strive to become a fairer, collaborative, more egalitarian society instead of a hyper-individualistic narcissistic one that condemns the victim of a murder for being homeless despite the overall majority of the population being one healthcare crisis away from being Jordan Neely. 

If that makes me 'Establishment Bad',

It does

imagine what that says about our current establishment from both parties.

correct-plankton.gif

I know what you are bro you don't gotta hide your power level

• Content Count:  2206

Thrza saying you have to look at how people reach their conclusions might be the most intelligent thing I’ve ever seen him type out. I’m so proud.

No offense Wawa, but you’ve always given the view point that if work then get reward. If you work at McDonald’s for 30 years because you never cared to build a skill set, no you don’t deserve anything except the harsh reality of putting no effort into your life. You don’t get to skip class all through school, not go to college, not build a profitable skill set, not go to any secondary school, not save any money for retirement, refuse to live within your means, and then as you get towards the finish line demand the next generation and the rest of your country subsidize your poor choices for the last 50 years. You over simplify your position by just saying if you work most of your life you should be rewarded. I cleaned bathrooms at McDonald’s my whole life, smoked weed everyday, and never once thought about how any of my actions now could affect my life in the future, when you gonna cut me a check?

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3740

13 hours ago, kabLe said:

No offense Wawa, but you’ve always given the view point that if work then get reward.

I'd reclarify that to if work, then get what you 'earned', the word 'deserved' was not the best way to put it, I'll admit.  Anyone that works 40 hours a week has earned, or at least should earn from their labor value, basic necessities.  That's not a reward, I'm talking about the entire working class i.e. wage-earners having their basic needs met so they can continue to work 40 hours a week without the deterioration of their material conditions and consequently their physical and mental health.

If you work at McDonald’s for 30 years because you never cared to build a skill set, no you don’t deserve anything except the harsh reality of putting no effort into your life.

Ableist comment, the working class is very diverse and not built the same.  I've worked in fast food/food service for close to a decade and have worked with people from many different socioeconomic backgrounds and physical/cognitive conditions--they are definitely putting an effort into their lives, as we all are, but the 'build a skill set' expectation is not always realistic when some of us have a much lower physical/cognitive ceiling than others (disabled/autism/etc.).  I personally know people who could have been like Jordan Neely if their conditions in life were just slightly tweaked for the worse, that's why I believe in seeking for systemic solutions instead of resorting to shaming the same people (homeless) that the system has failed, which ironically makes their mental health deterioration worse.  Obviously, the criminalization of being homeless hasn't been a success, so it's either use a systemic solution or accept the status quo.

You don’t get to skip class all through school, not go to college, not build a profitable skill set, not go to any secondary school, not save any money for retirement, refuse to live within your means, and then as you get towards the finish line demand the next generation and the rest of your country subsidize your poor choices for the last 50 years.

The people I worked with in the fast food/food service industry were some of the hardest working people I've ever worked with in my life.  Not only that, but even as a Manager I was still expected to work just as hard and pick up the slack when these workers called out.  Now, I make significantly more money operating machinery, a job anyone can do if adequate training is provided, than I did as a Manager in food service, despite the fact that I busted my ass off in that role while my direct lead right now literally gets paid more money than I do to just make sure I'm working while not doing any real work himself.  Who is 'skipping class' here?  Also, "then as you get towards the finish line demand the next generation and the rest of your country subsidize your poor choices for the last 50 years" is pretty comical considering our grandparents were literally the only generation, the generation thanks to the progress of the labor movement after The Great Depression and WW2, where you could support a family on a single income.

I cleaned bathrooms at McDonald’s my whole life, smoked weed everyday, and never once thought about how any of my actions now could affect my life in the future, when you gonna cut me a check?

"I did an essential job my entire life, spent my free time outside of work doing what even PMC people do and what lots of people do in general in the form of watching TV or gaming, and never once thought about how the system doesn't work for me and instead works against me to keep me being poor as expensive as possible, when am I going to organize in my workplace?"

Edited by Wawa

Reply to Thread