? servers

? players online

Twitter is X...

• Content Count:  1051

I'm kinda surprised no one here has talked about this yet, but I think this is one of the dumbest things in internet history. Rebranding the iconic Twitter to its now, measly "X" is like McDonalds calling themselves "Burger Place". And if Elon named twitter X after his fucking kid- bro I'm done. "X Æ A-12"

I see no purpose to this other than Elon showing how impulsive his BPD is. What are your opinions on the rebrand?

Fm4xoDt.jpg

VUx80Ci.png

• Content Count:  3740

He's an unimaginative cringe troll, but the rebranding isn't even the worst change.  The blue checks that anyone can now just pay for and how they're always the top comments (mindless ones 99% of the time) takes that mantle.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

Twitter is way too iconic of a name / logo for anyone to ever take to this change. No one will ever, ever start referring to it as X. Even if he really believed in the change, doing it immediately after Zuckerberg released 'Threads' and got like 100 million or whatever sign ups has to be the worst PR move ever, I think. Some people might view it the other way around where the publicity of the name change is good, but I just don't see it. I also don't fully see the potential for Threads to overtake Twitter but now, it might. Especially with how easy Zuckerberg made it, where you can instantly have a profile on Threads and follow everyone you follow from Instagram, there's a chance. Was a really genius way to implement it.

Starting to look like Twitter might legitimately die off and that's just a crazy thought. 

• Content Count:  1051

4 hours ago, Dominic said:

Twitter is way too iconic of a name / logo for anyone to ever take to this change. No one will ever, ever start referring to it as X. Even if he really believed in the change, doing it immediately after Zuckerberg released 'Threads' and got like 100 million or whatever sign ups has to be the worst PR move ever, I think. Some people might view it the other way around where the publicity of the name change is good, but I just don't see it. I also don't fully see the potential for Threads to overtake Twitter but now, it might. Especially with how easy Zuckerberg made it, where you can instantly have a profile on Threads and follow everyone you follow from Instagram, there's a chance. Was a really genius way to implement it.

Starting to look like Twitter might legitimately die off and that's just a crazy thought. 

Threads died after the first week of its release. It rose high, but that was the same for Trump's twitter "TRUTH". I don't think Threads will every get passed or even be competition for Twitter ("X"). Changing Twitter to whatever it is now just seems stupid, theres no value behind the term X. It doesn't flow through the mouth good either, "Yo lemme show you this X." "Just the X discussion." It just seems so fucking bad. Elon is the dumbest genius in the world. Being behind SpaceX and Tesla, good for him, but changing twitter to fit his stupid simplicity narrative is fucking stupid. Poor X Æ A-12" having a mentally deficit father.

Edited by lynxie

Reply to Thread