? servers

? players online

Thoughts on vr games/QoTd

• Content Count:  11501

I'd probably jump in on it once I get a new VR setup going. I had a lot of fun with VR, but the wired nonsense was just a lot going on. But my Vive was 7 years old or so, and I'm not really sure what the new VR systems look like today.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  617

1 hour ago, Caution said:

I'd probably jump in on it once I get a new VR setup going. I had a lot of fun with VR, but the wired nonsense was just a lot going on. But my Vive was 7 years old or so, and I'm not really sure what the new VR systems look like today.

I can talk to you more about the new head sets when mine arives tmr

• Content Count:  160

5 hours ago, Caution said:

The Quest 2 and maybe some newer models are completely wireless and only require that they be charged after a few hours of gameplay. They do have some drawbacks though such as they can't run every VR game as some will require you plug in the headset to a PC in order to get the extra juice needed to play the game (I.e Half-Life Alyx).

• Content Count:  2167

I had a Oculus Rift CV1. Tried a HTC Vive but the weight was crap. Going from a Rift to Quest 2 was mind blowing. My most played, and really only played game, is Eleven: Table Tennis. I do get a bit of motion sickness when using locomotion controls so games where you are not using the nubs to move are what I generally play. Beat Saber as well when I'm a bit more bored.

I think games like BeatSaber/E:TT will change the landscape. They can be practice tools and require somewhat limited space in order to play. I will forever own a VR headset in some capacity to be able to play games, and the cost these days is pretty minimal for a great experience IMO.

if anyone wants to play Eleven TT with me please hit me up :)

• Content Count:  2283

I've got the Quest 2 and probably won't get another VR headset until they are on the Quest 5 or something.

It's cool for a few days then the novelty wears off. 

I'm gonna give the tech a bit of time to catch up so graphics feel more immersive and there's more funding for VR game studios. 

My wife loves it for VR chat though, she talks with her friends across the globe in her native language.

gorilla tag is a pretty good workout though and the first time playing spiderman-like games makes your stomach drop 

Edited by Lucid

Reply to Thread