? servers

? players online

ITouch

• Content Count:  11501

My friend jailbroke his, and it didn't have any side-effects. Although, over a long-ish period of time, Apple will probably find out about it somehow with cameras or spies, and then they will brick your ipod. Haven't had it happen to me, but I've heard of it.

What the fuck?

Okay, let's not listen to retards. From personal experience, jailbreaking is the GREATEST thing you can do to your iPhone / iTouch (assuming you do it correctly). No, Apple does not have "spies" or censors or anything of the sort to detect a jail break for an iTouch. This obviously voids your warranty by doing this, but here is the trick: if you restore your iPod before returning it for whatever you may need fixed (your screen cracks, shit like that), they have no way of telling (assuming you have restored ALL original options / settings).

Here is the only real downside of a jail break; with all of the extra shit you can do, you will be saying "Damn, I want this and this and this." Downloading all these extra things will eventually take its toll on the iPod's memory, and it will begin to work slower.

Recap:

1. Learn how to jail break before you do it. If you need instructions, I know a GENIUS who makes youtube videos on how to jail break and do every thing imaginable with an iPod, step by step. Message me and I'll link you.

2. Don't get download-happy.

3. Any app you want, you can have for free now.

4. When in doubt, RESTORE!

Just a btw, you can't JB the new version of iTouch.

You lack faith in the internet.

• Content Count:  2417

You lack faith in the internet.

Find me a 3.1.3 3rd Gen MC Model Jailbreak for the iTouch that is UNTETHERED and then we can see

Edited by TheTruth

1. As I said before, you lack patience. People create new programs to jail break each iPod / iPhone. Would you like to make a $5 bet that says there will be a new jail break in say...2 months tops? Apple can not (and never will) invent an iPod that can't be jail broken. Ain't gonna happen.

2. Untethered is still a jail break.

I've been waiting for about three months for the Jailbreak and this is all I've got.

From George Hotz Twitter:

That's referring to everyone asking about 3.1.3, which, like untethered, I have no plans to do. Be happy to just have jailbreak back, eh?

• Content Count:  11501

George Hotz is not the only person who makes jailbreaks, lol?

There are plenty of other dev teams. As I said earlier, you lack faith in the internet. Be patient.

P.S. - Learn to work a tethered iPod. It's really not that difficult. It may be more of a pain, but it is still a jail break. Think of the tethered version as a beta to the full version.

George Hotz is not the only person who makes jailbreaks, lol?

There are plenty of other dev teams. As I said earlier, you lack faith in the internet. Be patient.

P.S. - Learn to work a tethered iPod. It's really not that difficult. It may be more of a pain, but it is still a jail break. Think of the tethered version as a beta to the full version.

As we established in chat, like I tried to say in the first post, CURRENTLY there is no UNTETHERED Jailbreak for the new model. Right or wrong?

Edited by TheTruth

Reply to Thread