? servers

? players online

ITouch

• Content Count:  11501

whats the different between untethered and tethered then? ive read about them two also but it doesnt give me anything in specific...

Tethered = you have to jail break each time the iPod is reset / turned COMPLETELY off.

Untethered = Can be turned on / off.

• Content Count:  577

What the fuck?

Okay, let's not listen to retards. From personal experience, jailbreaking is the GREATEST thing you can do to your iPhone / iTouch (assuming you do it correctly). No, Apple does not have "spies" or censors or anything of the sort to detect a jail break for an iTouch. This obviously voids your warranty by doing this, but here is the trick: if you restore your iPod before returning it for whatever you may need fixed (your screen cracks, shit like that), they have no way of telling (assuming you have restored ALL original options / settings).

Here is the only real downside of a jail break; with all of the extra shit you can do, you will be saying "Damn, I want this and this and this." Downloading all these extra things will eventually take its toll on the iPod's memory, and it will begin to work slower.

Recap:

1. Learn how to jail break before you do it. If you need instructions, I know a GENIUS who makes youtube videos on how to jail break and do every thing imaginable with an iPod, step by step. Message me and I'll link you.

2. Don't get download-happy.

3. Any app you want, you can have for free now.

4. When in doubt, RESTORE!

You lack faith in the internet.

Caution, you could not be more right, if there is any doubt, do not worry. As stated before, if you do it right, you have nothing to worry about.

And also as stated before, just restore it anytime, yes, everything will be erased but it is worth it. My buddy's headphone jack was broken (his was jailbroken) he restored it and brought it to the Apple store and walked out with a refurb 20 minutes later.

Trust me from personal experience, having a jailbroken iPod/iPhone, well, its almost indescribably amazing, its almost as if God and a Droid had babies together and thats what spawned.

ITS FKING AMAAZING! LOl

• Content Count:  1166

Your warranty is automatically void. If you try to claim your warranty at an Apple store, the log will show invalid arguements that wouldn't work without jailbreaking, and you will not be able to trade your product in.

At least that's what my friend told me. I may just be blowing hot air.

• Content Count:  2417

Your warranty is automatically void. If you try to claim your warranty at an Apple store, the log will show invalid arguements that wouldn't work without jailbreaking, and you will not be able to trade your product in.

At least that's what my friend told me. I may just be blowing hot air.

here is the trick: if you restore your iPod before returning it for whatever you may need fixed (your screen cracks, shit like that), they have no way of telling (assuming you have restored ALL original options / settings).

^ Dish.

Reply to Thread