? servers

? players online

Community Update.

• Content Count:  6213

Okay, this will be a work in progress and there are things I'm not satisfied with as they're shaping up. There will be a distinction between forum users and forum moderators/administrators with color. This is the same way it is on the server with the [sG] tag so people know who has admin abilities on the server. Just like on the server there is no differentiation between ranks, you're [sG] or not. I suppose there are Mem and Sup tags, but that's not the point. The differentiation between name will be there to tell you who has specific powers, that's all. As far as supporter color, no idea, I'll look into that.

The problem with our current system is that it likes like a brightly colored rainbow of vomit. I originally thought up how color deviations would work, namely a color wheel:

color-wheel-300.gif

We started at white, moved out into the color wheel at purple and continued CCW (skipping every other slice in this picture). Then SG-As became brown. Then the women wanted to be pink. Then the TAs or something became a slightly modified blue. We can't continue on like this, it just doesn't work.

As far as the PO next to garfield's name, that is so going away. I can work out a different system, but that will just look silly. Also, the new user bars do not match the theme, so I'd personally like to see them changed.

I love you.

• Content Count:  2085

We started at white, moved out into the color wheel at purple and continued CCW (skipping every other slice in this picture). Then SG-As became brown. Then the women wanted to be pink. Then the TAs or something became a slightly modified blue. We can't continue on like this, it just doesn't work.

No system will please people. People will always complain even when it's perfect. D:

Thanks.

Guest barackobama

We will see about the image next to my name. as said many times, that's not the finished project. Of course, anything final will have to be agreed upon with all the BD's. So Astrum's stuff has been discussed, but still needs to be confirmed with everyone (we have new BD's)

• Content Count:  3341

Don't have 192809138123 diffrent colors. Let's go back to early 09, where we only had 8 colors (which were: black, white, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. That worked the best imo. No pink(or violet like tyrant wants to call it...) colors, or dark blue. Just these.

inb4blacknwhitearenotcolorstheyareshades

Another thing, these bars.... They dont match our theme. These userbars that we have right now match some kind of a "sci-fi" theme, not ours.

kthxbai

• Content Count:  813

I kinda like not having a bazillion colors.

Especially Green admin... majority of the who's visited is usually green in comparison to any other name.

Depending on the new theme colors, 3 primary colors:

Sup's

BoD's

AO's

We don't need admins to have a color...

Admins will be known on the forum for their activity, not for their vomit colored name.

Edited by Third

• Content Count:  3791

To be honest, I think only having to colour schemes for the user accounts is really silly. For example, in the chatbox, it's just white and blue... Most of the new players won't know what ranks the other people are, I only know because I know most people here...

I think we should have the old colours back, it just makes life easier.

• Content Count:  2043

To be honest, I think only having to colour schemes for the user accounts is really silly. For example, in the chatbox, it's just white and blue... Most of the new players won't know what ranks the other people are, I only know because I know most people here...

I think we should have the old colours back, it just makes life easier.

The forums havent even transfered to VB4 yet, you don't know how it'll look then.

• Content Count:  1349

The forums havent even transfered to VB4 yet, you don't know how it'll look then.

Similar to our current one. Slightly different, but not a ton. It'll change more over time, but it will never be sci-fi or anything like that. Our logo is more militaristic (thanks Eldest!).

Now, I'm going to do something I usually don't. Here's a bit of something I wrote in the BD forum so you guys understand what's going through my head. As you know I've been pushing a lot of changes on the web end of things and perhaps it would be nice if you guys knew where I was coming from. Here goes:

Like I said originally, there will be a differentiation between moderators/administrators and regular forum users. My original plan was to make everyone SG green and forum moderators and administrators red and red italic. That may be a bit too xmas'esque though.

My thinking is that just like on our servers we have a clear and distinct mechanism to show who has power. On the servers we have the [sG] tag. We don't have an [sG.PO], [sG.BD], [sG.AO], etc... tag, simply [sG]. This let's people in the server know that we are there to help and have control over the server and they can relay any requests they can't handle to someone higher than them transparent to the person who requested something. Similarly there needs to be a differentiation between regular forum users and moderators/administrators on the forum so people know who to go to for help. I've seen countless new members go to an SA for forum help thinking they have the ability, which they do not. By differentiating who has the power to help on the forums we will be doing what we've done on the servers since the beginning. This was always my intent.

Now, as far as what groups get what colors, I haven't decided. Perhaps white for everyone (white italicized for supporters?) and SGreen for moderators/administrators (admins are italicized). The problem with this is, SGreen is our signature color, and I want everyone to feel like they're a part of the community (power to the people!). This is why I wanted them to be SG Green. If that's the case then I'm not sure what color would work well for mods and admins. Our choices for the color is limited by the color scheme which is either green, or a few shades between black on white. However, possibly keeping us red would make us stand out so people know our abilities. After all, what use is the ability to serve if no one can easily know who we are?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3341

I was thinking of a completly new color scheme. Here is my idea:

MEMBER:

hanehane

Regular:

OMAR

SUPPORTER

Harpr33t

Server Admin:

Neji

or

Neji

Community advisor:

PotshotPolka

AO:

Ms. Blargh

BD:

Astrum

EDIT:

GarfieldH said something about having a new rank called "Retired"

Here is what I think it should look like

Haggard

EDIT#2:

ALSO MAKE THE NAMES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORUM IN COLOR ORDER, NOT ALPHABETICAL ORDED. THAT WOULD MAKE SO MUCH BETTER TO LOOK AT

Edited by Neji

Reply to Thread