? servers

? players online

Community Update.

• Content Count:  2596

Ok tbh, i hate the non new color, it helps new people seperate people to ask questions(green, yellow, orange red) and people who are trolls (purple...) I wish we would keep the color names, although the new user bars are bitchin

• Content Count:  2085

The new userbars are pretty awesome. Only thing I personally would change would to have them be different colors between the different ranks... so it's just easier to tell the difference. Reading is hard :X

• Content Count:  577

Have faith in the man. He will not screw us over.

And Garf, maybe you should leave it this way. You will have people losing their shit and wanting to stand out.

1. Leave it this way

2. People get crazy and sick of monotony

3. They donate just to be blue

4. ?????

5. PROFIT!!!!!!!!!

Edited by König

• Content Count:  1349

Colour adds personality in my opinion. I can survive without it, but the forums look a lottttttt better with colour IMO.

I don't think us keeping white is the final decision. I do think that coloring people's names based on their role works well, since I can tell whose post I should read and vise versa. I like the cleaner look of the new user bars, the old ones were a little jarring. These are far more subtle and easier to read.

Keep up the good work.

Okay, this will be a work in progress and there are things I'm not satisfied with as they're shaping up. There will be a distinction between forum users and forum moderators/administrators with color. This is the same way it is on the server with the [sG] tag so people know who has admin abilities on the server. Just like on the server there is no differentiation between ranks, you're [sG] or not. I suppose there are Mem and Sup tags, but that's not the point. The differentiation between name will be there to tell you who has specific powers, that's all. As far as supporter color, no idea, I'll look into that.

The problem with our current system is that it likes like a brightly colored rainbow of vomit. I originally thought up how color deviations would work, namely a color wheel:

color-wheel-300.gif

We started at white, moved out into the color wheel at purple and continued CCW (skipping every other slice in this picture). Then SG-As became brown. Then the women wanted to be pink. Then the TAs or something became a slightly modified blue. We can't continue on like this, it just doesn't work.

As far as the PO next to garfield's name, that is so going away. I can work out a different system, but that will just look silly. Also, the new user bars do not match the theme, so I'd personally like to see them changed.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread