? servers

? players online

Change of ownership.

• Content Count:  6804

I just hope that one day I dont login to find all my access removed and theres nothing that I can do to get it back. After putting alot of time and effort into the community over the past 3-4 years then that would be a sad day.

• Like 23

• Content Count:  664

I just hope that one day I dont login to find all my access removed and theres nothing that I can do to get it back. After putting alot of time and effort into the community over the past 3-4 years then that would be a sad day.

Wont happen I think... Guess to be honest.. If they would change this community drasticly... the chance that everybody will leave is 99%. Then there is no community to take care for.

• Content Count:  393

this make me sad of course but I think it was really needed. The community was really dying and needed kind of a new start.

I wish you good luck, Garf!

And I wish good luck to the new guy running SG, whoever he's :o

Still I do hope things won't get fucked up with him :/

Guest barackobama

Amit will make an announcement soon introducing himself. I hope people will accept the idea when you hear some of the fantastic ideas he has.

Thanks for all the continued support.

Garf

• Content Count:  488

Hi Guys,

It seems like the announcement was made...er...leaked sooner than planned.

I was not sure if I should introduce myself yet, before the deal is secured and ownership changed hands officially. It'd be disrespectful to the current owner. Yes, Garfield is still the owner for this week atleast, after which I expect him to continue to help the community grow.

I won't spend much time trying to me formal.....or talk abt me. Let's just get down to business ... and know that-

- there won't be any drastic changes at SG

- the site is not going to die....or merged anywhere.

- i'm not here to exploit the members and make my millions

- its squeaky bum time for the rival sites

I'll scroll through this thread and reply to each of your queries now....

EDIT: Thread re-opened. Why was it closed in the first place ?

• Like 22
Edited by Amit

• Content Count:  300

Not sure if I should be saying this, but I've been getting a lot of questions now. This is also the reason for the delay of vB4. We discussed it and there is a professional team working on it or will be. I'll leave it to Garfield to post the concepts we've seen but they far exceed anything myself and Astrum could have drawn up (neither of us are 'artists').

We weren't completely happy with the announcement but we've talked with the new guys and they seem to be keeping our interests in mind. They want to continue with keeping the gaming aspect and not introduce new people into controlling/maintaining the servers. A lot of the higher ups were hesitant/argumentative at first but many of us seemed to come around at the end of the talks.

We talked about a lot of new features/ideas coming to SG and none of them will really change SG from being SG. I might not have been around for 3+ years, but it doesn't mean I don't share the same passion.

Amit owns/runs ChannelFuse.com. They are a collaboration of different forums. It seems SG will become the start of their gaming division (my own assumption). He has shown interest in gaining our forums/servers more momentum and exposure and with his experience and team, I think we have a shot at it. I have my fears and reservations as the rest of you do. There are some things I'm not comfortable sharing (nothing bad) and I'll leave it to the other guys/Garfield to take care of that.

Before everyone freaks out and plans a revolt, give the new owners a chance first. If shit blows up then you're free to do whatever you wish, but give them the benefit of the doubt before ditching SG and going elsewhere. I'm gaining nothing by siding with them or giving them positive feedback, so don't think this is all horse shit coming from me. If I didn't agree with all of what was planned then I wouldn't be here any longer and wouldn't be maintaining the Minecraft server.

uhh i have a feeling were going to have a massive explosion in hits, activity and the name steamgamers might really become associated with a lot more people and games in the steam store. We might have a ass load of sub forums for each game now :o

• Content Count:  314

Hi Guys,

It seems like the announcement was made...er...leaked sooner than planned.

I was not sure if I should introduce myself yet, before the deal is secured and ownership changed hands officially. It'd be disrespectful to the current owner. Yes, Garfield is still the owner for this week atleast, after which I expect him to continue to help the community grow.

I won't spend much time trying to me formal.....or talk abt me. Let's just get down to business ... and know that-

- there won't be any drastic changes at SG

- the site is not going to die....or merged anywhere.

- i'm not here to exploit the members and make my millions

- its squeaky bum time for the rival sites

I'll scroll through this thread and reply to each of your queries now....

EDIT: Thread re-opened. Why was it closed in the first place ?

Wassup Amit

You seem like a good business man and I like the comforting post you just made. I don't think you would have any interest in buying this community intending to destroy it.

I hope to see you a lot around in the next days and also that I can kick your butt on some of our servers!

Good luck

• Like 2

Can you be more specific?

Who will actually be in charge and what are these changes in "staff".

me

There will be no changes in the staff. I'll post a detailed plan in the new few days....

Let's just hope with this new owner he can make good changes.

Hopefully ranks can be remade and reorganized.

Also for ET to have access to servers.

=)

Good Luck Garf, you have been a good boss and I'm glad i got to meet you.

I know you are "staying" in SG but enjoy life a little.

-FM

There are tons of 'upgrades' planned for SG. Which includes a design overhaul, VB4, new features, tons of new servers ... new games....all design around member participation.

We'll try to simplify things, and redoing the ranks is high on the priority as well.

Who is Amit ?

me

Damn,

only gaming community I've ever cared enough to join and stay in through out these years, SG is special, hopefully not much changes after this

Changes for the good.... We won't be changing anything that identifies with the ethos of SG.

But surely, you guys would want more of everything on SG..no ?

So were moving to a different site? :S

No. why would we ? SG is pretty big as it is.

This doesnt effect me playing nonstop does it?

I NEED MY GAME TIME

There will be better, faster and more servers than before.

So all posts will be lost? or?

?? Why ??

From what Thor has told me, we'll be getting s'more dedi servers so I'm hoping for DarkRP revival :d

A lot more servers..yeah.

Somehow I doubt that Amir is as philanthropic as Garfield is, considering he hasn't been a big part of SG up until now. Taking this assumption and the fact that he has a deficit to recover from into perspective, can we expect ads on the site?

The only other option I can think of would be Internet serfdom, with a portion of our donations/wages going to the owner/landlord for the "privelege" to play/work the fields here.

Amir ?

I'm not an avid gamer as you guys are (although I might challenge anyone at FIFA) .. and never been a part of SG. But I got my own expertise to help the site. Something which was missing at SG for long. Hopefully, I can fill that gap...

As for the second para, plz don't make me sound like a capitalist parasite... There are tons of ways to 'reimburse' my investment without loading the burden on the members who are here just to enjoy the games and have fun. Maybe, that's where my 'expertise' will come in handy.

Someone texted me and told me SG had been sold, i didn't believe it at first, had to check it out myself and i am disappoint. :shocked:

As someone who was one of the top supporters of this community, i would've also liked PotShot's idea, hell i would've put down the most money even if i couldn't run it, as long as it was kept in the hands of people who have worked so hard for this community.

Now for those who are saying, give the new owners a chance before we talk.

Hell, i'd have rather this chance had gone to people who have already proved themselves to the community, not someone none of us know with all of us holding onto hope that they will be able to make something better of our community.

Hey, I could only buy what was offered to me... and I took the offer.

Let me explain the flaws in this idea. When the purpose of the entire exercise is to 'make sure the site doesn't die', the site will NEVER grow. Garfield wanted SG to reach new limits...and he took the route which made more sense, and looked most feasible.

What I bring to SG, is resources and ideas, and a long term plan, rather than to continue with the modus operandi of trying to survive and not grow. SG has enormous potential to be an absolute monster of a community. Why not give it a try....?

I am really sad. I am a pessimist, yes, but it certainly doesn't make me feel good when the person buying it has 77 posts (all which I can not access for some reason), and hasn't even introduced himself to the community they are buying...

Oh well. If the rules and servers stay the same (maybe an even better dedi?), it would be cool. If the rules or servers are changed too much, I'll be really sad. I know it's probably going to be plastered with ads (checking out the other forums they own), but if it isn't a huge change... :/

Thanks for the work you did, but I still feel like I have to agree with Potshot. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes however. I guess it's for the best. And I really hope it stays nonprofit for the most part, no "pay monthly to get admin" -- that always attracts scum.

I didn't post, because I don't own the site yet. It would have been unethical for me to 'announce' my arrival even before the site was transferred. Not to mention, being disrespectful towards the current owner and staff. That's why I was interacting with them in the staff room.

But, some idiot had to leak the info....anyways.

Servers....will be upgraded to more faster, and with DDos protection. There will be newer servers for more games.....and more features. Rules will probably not be changed, but rewritten to be more clear.

There will surely not be a pay-to-be-admin sort of schemes..... and I already stated that neither am I here to exploit the member-base, nor to use this site as a stepping-stone and sell later.

• Like 12

uhh i have a feeling were going to have a massive explosion in hits, activity and the name steamgamers might really become associated with a lot more people and games in the steam store. We might have a ass load of sub forums for each game now :o

Well, yeah...hopefully, there will be an increase in traffic/memberbase and activity. That does not mean we stop giving importance to the pilot members that stuck with SG in its hour of need.

We already have a ton of subforums.....needless sections...and that is something we will surely restructure and make it more user-friendly.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread