? servers

? players online

so um

• Content Count:  171

Uh since when is lack of evidence considered evidence? I'm pretty sure science doesn't work that way. Evidence sets a theory on its way to becoming accepted as fact, but lack of evidence does not prove a theory incorrect. For instance, the physical structure of DNA was discovered only after the researchers had done so many failed experiments that their boss told them to just give up.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

Religion faces the burden of proof, like every other claim, if there's no evidence to support it, there's no reason to consider it plausible until there's at least a shred of proof.

It's not our fault the reverend touched you in your no-no spot and now you have an apparent vendetta against all religion, so please don't take it out on us by ruining my thread

My pastor was a great man, he was quite humble and very wise in my opinion. I have nothing against him and very little against anyone else. Even if they do believe the earth is 6000 years old.

BTW, your thread is fine.

On a serious note, it's funny how atheists always rag on other religions for "brainwashing" but it's impossible to get an atheist to shut up about their side of the coin. I've never actually had that problem with a theist.
Maybe in fucking Norway.

You know what's really annoying, logical fallacies, false dilemmas and assumptions. I think you're full of shit.

• Content Count:  32

lulz this is getting funny right now.

Misenthrope (or however u spell his name) is obviously and emo annihalist who hates everyone and everything therefore since he thinks not of religon and doesn't enjoy it's salvation of someone's thought of death he decides that he wants to flame religons and people's belifes.

I myself have experinced several religons. Born into christianity, lived 2 years as a muslim (Thats why I always go terrorist), and I am currently an iffy atheist. So if you wish to flame my choices of life go ahead because I say unto the "FUCK YOU!"

In my mind I will always question the exsitense of a higher power but I will not drive that belife into someone else (including my children and my spose).

I have always seen and viewed religon as salvation of one's own curious toughts of life, death, the beyond, and the unknown.

My views and opions have been stated if you have an issue with them and try to convert them to your mind set go fuck yourself with a bike pedal.

(BTW I'm spaced out on my pain pills for my thumb so I can't spell right atm)

Edited by dormlord

lulz this is getting funny right now.

Misenthrope (or however u spell his name) is obviously and emo annihalist who hates everyone and everything therefore since he thinks not of religon and doesn't enjoy it's salvation of someone's thought of death he decides that he wants to flame religons and people's belifes.

I myself have experinced several religons. Born into christianity, lived 2 years as a muslim (Thats why I always go terrorist), and I am currently an iffy atheist. So if you wish to flame my choices of life go ahead because I say unto the "FUCK YOU!"

In my mind I will always question the exsitense of a higher power but I will not drive that belife into someone else (including my children and my spose).

I have always seen and viewed religon as salvation of one's own curious toughts of life, death, the beyond, and the unknown.

My views and opions have been stated if you have an issue with them and try to convert them to your mind set go fuck yourself with a bike pedal.

(BTW I'm spaced out on my pain pills for my thumb so I can't spell right atm)

Ahaha

How old are you Mis?

• Content Count:  4473

I think we are all human beings (hopefully anyways...), so aren't we all full of shit figuratively and literally?

You can't prove nor disprove religion, so why bitch about it on a forum? Nothing better to do?

I think we are all human beings (hopefully anyways...), so aren't we all full of shit figuratively and literally?

You can't prove nor disprove religion, so why bitch about it on a forum? Nothing better to do?

There's no need to disprove, only the need to prove it. Haven't you ever heard the invisible pink dragon/unicorn story?

• Content Count:  180

Misanthrope, you really aren't figuring out how to help your case much, are you? Stop just insulting religions because you seem to enjoy it.

The point that they have been arguing is that you cannot disprove it, so you cannot actually say with 100% confidence that it is false. Nobody can actually claim 100% one way or the other. It is an unknown. In my personal opinion, religions are extremely questionable, but there is a possibility of them being real, even if it is an extremely remote possibility in my mind.

In my opinion, Misanthrope, you should stop arguing that religions and everything about them is false, because you cannot prove it. You have stated your opinion on them, and that should have been enough. If people disagree, so be it. If you have constructive thoughts about how to argue or debate (not fight about) other people's ideas, and they are open to your input, go ahead and state your opinion, in a constructive manner. All you have been doing is making yourself look like an asshole by posting that religion is stupid while seeming to not listen to other people's arguments and remaining hard headed to your beliefs but expecting others to listen to what you have to say.

If you are going to argue something, you need to have an open mind and allow other people to express their ideas to you and take them into consideration, not just express your ideas but not listen to the other person's ideas. You aren't debating anything, you are dictating your beliefs to others, and people don't like that.

Misanthrope, you really aren't figuring out how to help your case much, are you? Stop just insulting religions because you seem to enjoy it.

The point that they have been arguing is that you cannot disprove it, so you cannot actually say with 100% confidence that it is false. Nobody can actually claim 100% one way or the other. It is an unknown. In my personal opinion, religions are extremely questionable, but there is a possibility of them being real, even if it is an extremely remote possibility in my mind.

In my opinion, Misanthrope, you should stop arguing that religions and everything about them is false, because you cannot prove it. You have stated your opinion on them, and that should have been enough. If people disagree, so be it. If you have constructive thoughts about how to argue or debate (not fight about) other people's ideas, and they are open to your input, go ahead and state your opinion, in a constructive manner. All you have been doing is making yourself look like an asshole by posting that religion is stupid while seeming to not listen to other people's arguments and remaining hard headed to your beliefs but expecting others to listen to what you have to say.

If you are going to argue something, you need to have an open mind and allow other people to express their ideas to you and take them into consideration, not just express your ideas but not listen to the other person's ideas. You aren't debating anything, you are dictating your beliefs to others, and people don't like that.

You guys are gullible, hypersensitive dipshits with 0 sense of humor, it's unfortunate that forum activity is an admin requirement.

Reply to Thread