? servers

? players online

so um

• Content Count:  1

I am an atheist. I will now point out why your claims about religion are false. I'm not really a close minded guy, but nobody has ever provided me with a single scrap of evidence for a higher power, so I'm incredibly skeptical. I'll start with one of the claims in this thread and then you can repost or post new ones.

Claim: You can't disprove religion.

That's right. You can't disprove anything. You can't disprove that I have an 11 inch dick, but considering the statistical likelyhood of me having an 11 inch dick combined with the fact that this is the internet, its unlikely that I actually have an 11 inch dick, considering less than .2% of the male population has a nine inch or larger dick. Does that mean its impossible? No. It means its unlikely. And without posting pics or any other valid proof of my 11 inch dick, there is no reason for you to believe me. Furthermore, if I'm going to claim I have an 11 inch dick it is up to me to post proof that I have that dick, its not your job to disprove that I have an 11 inch dick. Now, lets apply my penis to Jesus. Or any God for that matter. If your going to claim that Jesus exists or that insert-your-god-here exists, you need to provide the evidence. You can't disprove the existence of anything, but you can prove the existence of something, and since your the one making the claim, you need to post the evidence for that claim. So, saying that because its possible that there might be a God isn't a valid reason to believe in God, in the same way that saying I might have an 11 inch dick is no reason to believe I do.

• Content Count:  180

(started typing this after post #55 and then went afk. I that see other things have come up. This is directed at Misanthrope.)

What you need to learn is that there are topics (not forum topics) that sometimes need to be taken seriously (people talking about beliefs, posting with thought, and then you posting with pictures simply stating that religion is stupid, and not contributing anything meaningful, just going out for some "lulz"), or when others are taking them seriously, you need to respect them and not just make a big joke of it. There is nothing wrong with humor, but there is such a thing as the wrong time and place to try to use humor. And definitely such a thing as the wrong humor to use around the wrong people. Just because you find something (like the idea of little children being molested perhaps) funny as hell, doesn't mean that the next person will find it the least bit funny, in fact they may go the other way with it. Use restraint, use judgment, and keep the "lulz" to people who appreciate your sense of humor; be it flat out insulting other people's beliefs, or posting images about 3 year olds and sexual situations because you won't get far with some people.

But hey, if you decide to take over a thread and constantly keep posting stuff like that, yeah it will turn into that kind of a thread because the stuff with actual meaning will have lost most of it's value.

You guys are gullible, hypersensitive dipshits with 0 sense of humor, it's unfortunate that forum activity is an admin requirement.

I find it unfortunate that you cannot consider taking a different approach to things. I personally am not hypersensitive. I have a sense of humor, but I know enough to not use it everywhere and with everyone, because not everyone else has the same sense of humor. Even if they do, I know enough to use it in the right context. (and one thing to be learned, and learned quickly is that text holds no sarcasm in it's tone of voice. This is the difference between text being typed seriously and text being typed sarcastically. See the difference? Watch what you type because the next person will most likely not read it the way you meant for it to be read. But you probably know this by now.)

All I was doing was trying to tell you some actual advice, and rather than actually thinking about it, you have simply responded with a handful of insults. You are acting like a very close-minded individual.

*Let me say that in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm not going to laugh at your response if you try to be funny about this while you are actually just avoiding thinking. But the choice is obviously still yours about whether you listen to what I say or not.

*And I don't find the idea of little children being molested funny in any way, shape or form. If a conversation were going on, and it somehow just fit in, you might be able to make it funny, but randomly posting it in a thread like this shows no class in my opinion. 4chan exists for a reason.

*I'm not even going to bother saying anything about how anything came to be. Speculation will remain just that, and I don't see how any human being can think that they have actually it figured out.

Controversy can make for a great topic, but at the same time a horrible one.

• Content Count:  2445

If that's not funny, you're probably adopted or have cancer. Then again, not much is funny in that case.

Then your reasoning is flawed (oh, how unobvious that one was!), because I am neither adopted, nor a cancer patient. It becomes horribly unfunny when you repeat the same "jokes" if you could call them that over and over again in Vent, coupled with the fact you've admitted you actually have those desires. If you're trying to make "lulz", GTFO and go to fucking 4chan (or whichever dumbass image board is your favorite now) where they'll accept you with open arms, because believe me, that place is not here.

• Content Count:  6084

shouldn't of messed with the ban cavalry. Now I guess I have to act intellectually, since teh lulz isn't working so well anymore.

On to the subject at hand.

If you look at it from a fresh perspective regardless of whether or not you believe in absolutes, that religion, or rather the mere belief in a higher power, afterlife, and concept of salvation is all that keeps millions, maybe billions from breaking down under the stress of life?

That's my two cents, if you don't like it keep on going, this thread will never end.

• Content Count:  4473

people be messing with my lulz...now they learn the hard way that great lulz equals great responsibility... and when to stop trying for the lulz.

All I can say is this...

ROFL

Anyways, if it isn't bugging you and helps people out, who cares if it is real or not?

• Content Count:  180

I have not problem with people believing in religions (or most religions for that matter), so long as the religion isn't manipulative to serve someone's cause or distill bad morals from the religion into people etc.

Religion can be very good for some people, and keep their lives on track or turn their lives around. There actually is some power behind prayer (whether or not there is a god listening) because it is essentially meditation, which can indeed help focus the body and mind for the better.

*And your lulz aren't so bad, Italian Jew, it was just some of the things that Misanthrope was posting were going a bit far and had no point other than for him to be a dick.

• Content Count:  670

The point that they have been arguing is that you cannot disprove it, so you cannot actually say with 100% confidence that it is false. Nobody can actually claim 100% one way or the other.

Funny thing about this is it also applies to all scientific theories, including those most people consider to be 100% proven. For instance, the idea that heavier objects were accelerated faster by gravity was taken as fact for a while, as was the idea of a geocentric solar system. Theories are only as sound as the evidence behind them; evidence may come along at some point that disproves a theory we've taken for granted to be true for the past century.

Macroevolution is one of the best examples of this, it's merely a theory but everyone likes to tout it as infallible truth. While it is indeed supported by empirical data, it is not as concrete as say, newtonian physics.

Don't tell the atheists that though!

*E* Potshot, your lulz are not in jeopardy...note that Misanthrope's posts for the most part did not bring lulz and thus are irrelevant to the lulz controversy. Please continue to contribute to the pool of lulz.

• Content Count:  6712

Er I would say I'm athiest because it is the most logical answer at the moment, but if something which seemed more understandable and proven came along I might change my views.

I don't have a problem with religion in itself, it is the people that practice it that make it completely unbearable.

I used to live in an area which had the most varied people in the country. The thing was I found myself being the minority, compliments of the governments immigrant policies which have ruined the country.

Whilst I could bear people believing in something else, I can't stand what actually happens with religion, everyone tries to preach it.

I'm not really sure myself but I have heard in my area a Mosque with a bell that can be heard for 6 miles is being built. If this is true it would be complete bullcrap, why would we want to put up with that?

We get taken advantage of, whilst they do everything to get their way and make it just like it was back in their country, if we do something our way it is completely unacceptable, even school nativities are now being stopped because it "offends" the children, which is not true and just what you get when the council is mostly foreign.

I guess I'll stop my rant there don't want to go on because it has gone off the subject of "religion or not" and onto the subject of "UK v Immigrants".

But to sum it up really I don't mind any believes as long as you keep it to yourself and don't do things to offend others, which is what most can't seem to do.

Reply to Thread