? players online

Yes/No  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No

• Yes
    • No

Quake Style Deathmatch Server...

• Content Count:  389

Sinse pyro said earlier about the mapping competition or w/e I came up with a few requirements.

20+ CT and T spawns either in An Uncampable Team spawn area or all across the map

Well placed constrained weapon spawns

Enough room for low gravity jumping

Big Enough for 12+ people

not a fully "open map"... have obstacles/buildings or something to block vision to other side of map or something

speed modifier of 1.5(50% increase speed)(make sure it hits all the spawns) no higher

optional: healing power ups that disappear and reappear after like a minute, any other power up from quake you think ya can pull off

optional: steamgamers logos or tags

optional : fair secrets

may come up with more

would appreciate anyone that makes a quick one for testing purposes

• Content Count:  2167

Sinse pyro said earlier about the mapping competition or w/e I came up with a few requirements.

20+ CT and T spawns either in An Uncampable Team spawn area or all across the map

Well placed constrained weapon spawns

Enough room for low gravity jumping

Big Enough for 12+ people

not a fully "open map"... have obstacles/buildings or something to block vision to other side of map or something

speed modifier of 1.5(50% increase speed)(make sure it hits all the spawns) no higher

optional: healing power ups that disappear and reappear after like a minute, any other power up from quake you think ya can pull off

optional: steamgamers logos or tags

optional : fair secrets

If you're going quake style you might as well go full out. Weapon + ammo supplies on ground - meaning weapons spawn with low ammo. No "spawn areas" - spawn anywhere in the map randomly (unless it's a CTF-esque, but you're not going there AFAIK). Armor drops on floor - ie +10 armor. Weapon damage multiplier (plugin?). Health spawns at distinct locations across the map (ie +10hp...One massive one that does +100).

• Like 1

• Content Count:  389

If you're going quake style you might as well go full out. Weapon + ammo supplies on ground - meaning weapons spawn with low ammo. No "spawn areas" - spawn anywhere in the map randomly (unless it's a CTF-esque, but you're not going there AFAIK). Armor drops on floor - ie +10 armor. Weapon damage multiplier (plugin?). Health spawns at distinct locations across the map (ie +10hp...One massive one that does +100).

is what i mean by the power ups.. and yeah the weapon spawns for the test map are already low ammo... i would prefer the maps to be all across the map but the team spawn area is a mapper option...

But yeah so far the testers are having lots of fun... even though the server is laggy lol xD

• Content Count:  2941

After about 20 minutes of testing, this is a pretty fun concept. Pet Rock's internet rates aren't that great. 300 Ping isn't that fun to play with. Pushing aside the issues of extreme lag, I would like to see how this would go about in the future. :notbad:

• Like 2
Edited by shoiep
Fixed some grammar(probs)

• Content Count:  1086

There's that map which was used a lot for WCS, was called something dm_hangemhigh I believe, it would fit great into this idea imo, if anyone remembers it.

The halo looking map? where there's like 2 teleporters across the map?

Reply to Thread