? servers

? players online

Radio / Talk Show

• Content Count:  954

I wouldn't mind working on this, in fact, I'd love to work on this!

what do you know about radio stations

If we do this:

Swede needs to be DJ

All ex-epic need to be brought on

GOOD AUTODJ

• Content Count:  3728

what do you know about radio stations

If we do this:

Swede needs to be DJ

All ex-epic need to be brought on

GOOD AUTODJ

Why are you always jumping down people's throat on nearly ever topic. Maybe he/she got the experiences from irl, and hasn't shared those with SG. Just because you only saw Crazy Swede being a DJ for epic.radio doesn't mean that others don't have the experiences/knowledge to DJ.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  1719

It's great that you want to make a radio station, and just like Caution said, there could probably be others but me that knows how to run a radio station and/or have DJ-experiences.

But...

Here's a couple of advices if you truly decide to do it. It WILL be a real money sink for YEARS to come. The station that I today make money from, started off as an internet station. The radio licenses costs SHITLOADS. Our trick however was that every member of the station would pay their EQUAL share of the outcomes for the station, until we got big enough to actually make money. This provided us with financial stability until we had gained enough listeners to eventually buy a license from terrestrial broadcasting and an antenna to broadcast from.

Ever since we went FM, we have been making money instead of losing, but it took a couple of years until it happened. Reason Epic Radio died, was because many of the DJ's had the piss poor attitude, "Why should I pay? I am just a DJ. I broadcast, that should be enough." This is why it went down so quickly. You just CAN NOT cover the costs ONLY on donations. Sure, SG itself makes a lot of income on the donations. But just hear me out, this internet radio station, will probably be a lot of fun, and a lot of SG players will probably listen to it. But it will definitely not bring in any money, it will be a massive money sink.

At the end of the day, if you still want to do it, great! But you have been warned.

Good Luck! You're gonna need it.

Reply to Thread