? servers

? players online

Add a Betting/Gambling system?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Add a Betting/Gambling system?

Betting/Gambling Credits

• Content Count:  3401

If possible, make it so it can be used with a certain amount of people in the server, that way you won't have two people coming on when no one is on and abusing it.

• Content Count:  954

I am sure that we have said before that gambling will never happen.

^^^^^

This idea has been brought up many times before, and every time it's been shot down.

Reasons?

1: It will allow players to grind for credits constantly on dead servers (Player1 & Player2 join, Player1 bets 200 every round, Player2 then proceeds to kill himself every round)

2: The only point of it to exist is so that people can get credits faster, which is just plain silly.

3: Credits exist as an incentive to keep people playing and maybe even donate to the server, to have a system in place where people can easily circumvent that would entirely defeat the point of the donation/time-based credits.

So no. It hasn't happened, it won't happen, and it will never happen.

• Content Count:  88

I am sure that we have said before that gambling will never happen.

Wish I Had know this earlier, lol. Unless it was during the one year of the forum history that got lost, as I found nothing thru searching, so I was completley unaware :/

^^^^^

This idea has been brought up many times before, and every time it's been shot down.

Reasons?

1: It will allow players to grind for credits constantly on dead servers (Player1 & Player2 join, Player1 bets 200 every round, Player2 then proceeds to kill himself every round)

2: The only point of it to exist is so that people can get credits faster, which is just plain silly.

3: Credits exist as an incentive to keep people playing and maybe even donate to the server, to have a system in place where people can easily circumvent that would entirely defeat the point of the donation/time-based credits.

So no. It hasn't happened, it won't happen, and it will never happen.

1. A minimal playerlimit was implied, but perhaps I shouldave stated that. Even the stats plugin protect against that issue.

2. Depends on how you look at it. one bet per map/low credit betting. Doesnt sound like much of a gain.

3. same as #2. Even if your gaining credits, it would be within a reasonable amount, one that acts as a small gain (It wouldnt be on the level of "you have obtianed 1500 credits per map)

"So no. It hasn't happened, it won't happen, and it will never happen"

It hasn't happened, And your saying(as if we've done it already) that it will be fully abused, without knowing if it will or not. People hated the fact that the new store had AFK time, and said on the servers that people would just farm credits by being idle all day. It enever happened and they got over it. Sorry being rude here :

Start it off on MG and just enable it one the maps that have Tripmines( only 2 that im aware of have them).

I dont see the big issue of gaining like 20 more credits on two maps, as an example of what would actually be given per map due to multiple betters, over what i could normally gain by just playing... And thats assuming I win every bet I made.

• Content Count:  954

2. Depends on how you look at it. one bet per map/low credit betting. Doesnt sound like much of a gain.

3. same as #2. Even if your gaining credits, it would be within a reasonable amount, one that acts as a small gain (It wouldnt be on the level of "you have obtianed 1500 credits per map)

The fact that you can only get credits by playing and/or donating is there for a reason, you get credits by supporting the server in one way or another.

Typing !bet ct 200 is not supporting the server.

besides it'd ruin the bet t all joke

Reply to Thread