? servers

? players online

Steamgamers Divisions

• Content Count:  3150

are divisions being considered for newer games as well? CSS and GMod are old and its hard to get some people on board with those games, nonetheless a community of our size and style.

Putting it in reverse and making friends and groups off of newer but less organzied games (in comparison to CSS servers and what not), and then introducing them to the community could prove useful.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2103

are divisions being considered for newer games as well? CSS and GMod are old and its hard to get some people on board with those games, nonetheless a community of our size and style.

Putting it in reverse and making friends and groups off of newer but less organzied games (in comparison to CSS servers and what not), and then introducing them to the community could prove useful.

Just a thought.

I believe the answer is yes, as you have a good point. This could help us to expand and revive our old servers.

The hardest change would be the forums themselves. Would eash division get its own forum? That would be a little extensive. They could each have their own subforum I suppose. Eitherway, the forums would have to be changed quite a bit

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3178

The hardest change would be the forums themselves. Would eash division get its own forum? That would be a little extensive. They could each have their own subforum I suppose. Eitherway, the forums would have to be changed quite a bit

I don't see a need to change the public forums, we could just keep it as it is and keep the discussions in the server's subforum as is.

For the hidden forums (SA+), we could make a sub-forum, sure.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2103

I don't see a need to change the public forums, we could just keep it as it is and keep the discussions in the server's subforum as is.

well, I guess you are right, honestly I had just woken up and I'm not really sure what I was thinking o.o

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6465

The server sub-forums do not get much attention as it is, to be honest. I think reforming the Forums to be divided up by divisions if we choose to have them, would be ideal.

Then have sub-forums in them for server suggestions, and other sub-forums for each division. So we would have the division forums be sort of large and a main point of the forums, then off-topic, arts and crafts how we have them, etc.

The way the server sub-forums are currently is not giving them enough attention, so division forums with the vital sub-forums regarding servers and so on would be more ideal.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

Tbh Zriot brought a buttfuckton of non SG people. It was just sort of like Surf where they never really registered on the forums.

Dunno how I feel about subdivisions for SG. In all honesty, off the bat, I don't like it. I don't like the idea of separating the community into groups, cause that would seemingly take on exactly what we experienced at HG, Xeno: everyone is on a different agenda and you have admins saying "I have no idea who that other admin is..."

The symbolism behind the latter is that we're not a huge community, we legitimately strive on the fact that we are pretty decently sized, but we maintain a sense of 'giving a shit' about ALL the players. Splitting it into subdivisions seems like it would cause a "not my problem" type of attitude to admins that only frequent their respective "section".

One AO per server isn't really ideal, in itself, however you can't really force people to take charge of servers they don't want to play. At the same time, people shouldn't really have a death grip on the servers they run as far as teaching newer AO's the ropes, however I do not believe this applies to cases like Spartan with TTT, myself with PB, MP with Deathrun...etc. All of us have managed those respective servers for years upon years, and typically we either know the solutions to keep population continuous, or we'll make active attempts to. I'd be pretty pissed if I went onto PB and there was an entire new rotation of maps and a whole new MOTD because somebody decided they wanted to dick around a bit on TC admin.

Also, from a BD standpoint, the only way I'd even see the "split" working is if Nishok took MC / NS, Spartan took Gmod, and MP / myself took CSS. And even then, on the CSS side, we'd be relying on AO's mostly to do the right things to get the servers populated and maintain it.

Could the idea work? Possibly. However, in it's current state, I don't really support it. So until there's like a no shit full proposed suggestion list, I wouldn't even consider it a plausible idea, because I think it's gonna be one of those things that sounds better than it actually would be.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3178

Not having divisions was one reason I kept playing here for a few years, although I'm not so much into gaming anymore but I thought I'd leave my input on this anyway. Every other community I looked at - division this, division that.. never was a fan of it. Being a community I think you should be able to just join and play whatever games without having to fuck with divisions and shit like that. I've been part of communities with divisions, and I stayed at those communities maybe 2 weeks if that. Other than that, pretty much what caution said.

Hod did them having divisions affect you, as a regular gamer, if I may ask?

• Content Count:  760

Keeping it community focus is better alright. I have to applaud those here who are talking out about how to improve things, it's always great to see that. Between different posts at different times across here and other chats, there is signs of changes in the wind that are needed as whatever is happening the CSS servers are empty most of the time - only MG is holding up to some degree at around 20 odd folks per day but at that is an former shadow of itself.

I think in general CSS is just slowly falling out of view with players to other games, with only kids on low end pc's coming in as new players generally (not always). Still, I don't like it when any other server out there has more players than ourselves and where we can adjust things as an community to keep growing, is all good as it's better than fading away.

AO's do great stuff, but as another posted here - i'm not an fan for the one AO per Server, as some SA's could help further with an AO. We put in CE's for an reason as they were the last type of admin group to be added to serve an purpose - maybe we need to give some SA's an section / powers to help with the servers (SE's.. Server Enforcers - using CE's as an comparison tool but is not actually about enforcing but supporting). Just an thought to throw into the bag.

Either way, good to see the chat's here on it.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread