? servers

? players online

New ingame command

• Content Count:  2941

I don't wanna get spammed :/

bite the pillow

I was thinking for the server to server' date=' it would send a message saying "Admin needed to ", and have an admin get a message to join the server like this. [img']http://puu.sh/5wTaI/c09da0fbcc.jpg[/img]

This actually sounds like a pretty cool idea; it wouldn't be in the way and admins who receive the message could quickly join the server if they wished to or not.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2983

I like the idea of a server to server command, sending a message to any admins there should be on another server that whichever server the command came from needs an admin.

Anything besides that which has been mentioned doesn't really sound like a good idea however, since it'd most likely end up with someone/a bunch of people spamming them(of course a time limit could and should be implemented, on both these and the server to server), which would get really annoying if it was steam messages, chatbox messages and especially PMs.

If it's possible for us to get/make a plug-in which enables this, I'd definitely say go for it.

I mean the only problem is the time frames in which people can call for help which 10-15 minutes would be ideal. Also to avoid the entire server spamming every admin, it could have it so only 1-2 people can do it from one server, and it only reaches admins that are online.

• Content Count:  1676

AFAIK there are several plugins for this, but it all seems like a lot of effort for something that won't really fix the issue we are having with admins being unwilling to get on the servers when they are needed. I don't see how having a bot post on the forums instead of the average person hopping on chatbox and saying "we need an admin" is going to encourage more admins to get on the servers when they are called. I do like the cross-server reporting idea that was brought up, however.

Mapper's idea could also work if a decent amount of SA's express interest in setting up a Justice League of sorts among the ranks. The plugin that I was looking at not only supports a Steam bot that automatically messages admins when someone uses it, but also a desktop client that does the same. If enough admins are willing to opt into this program, I'll definitely look into it.

• Content Count:  4960

Great that you guys give this idea a thought :d

Thanks y'all!

EDIT: So far for the admins who want to join in on this idea, will show the higher-ups who's in for the players and who's in for the ranks. Just sayin'

Edited by Zaraki

• Content Count:  3056

If all this goes in act' date=' what will the CE's be for? There is no purpose in player complaints since there would already be a command that could send an admin.[/quote']

If no admin joins a complaint can be made.

Also, the CE's do a lot more than just player complaint.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'd also be glad to join that group.

Edited by Banana Joe

• Content Count:  2103

If no admin joins a complaint can be made.

Also, the CE's do a lot more than just player complaint.

Or, at least, we like to think we do :okaysm:

But yeah, I would join that group if it becomes a thing

• Content Count:  4960

I don't believe Frosty, Banana Joe, Kratos, Floffypus and Vinyl are sitting in front of their pc and keep refreshing their browser until they see a player complaint..

Or do they? :troll:

Reply to Thread