? servers

? players online

New ingame command

• Content Count:  522

Mapper's idea could also work if a decent amount of SA's express interest in setting up a Justice League of sorts among the ranks. The plugin that I was looking at not only supports a Steam bot that automatically messages admins when someone uses it, but also a desktop client that does the same. If enough admins are willing to opt into this program, I'll definitely look into it.

So would this just be a list of admins you could friend that will almost always join the server if needed?

• Content Count:  2103

I don't believe Frosty, Banana Joe, Kratos, Floffypus and Vinyl are sitting in front of their pc and keep refreshing their browser until they see a player complaint..

Or do they? :troll:

Does that mean you think I do? Or that I just don't count as a CE? Either way, you sir are wrong

• Content Count:  2589

Played on a TF2 server, think it was called ozzy something or ozsomething. Anyway, they had a plugin where you would type !report (think that was the command) and it bring bring up a menu. From that menu you would pick which player you were reporting and if I recall for what. It would then ask you the severity of the problem like Urgent, Non urgent or w/e. It then I think sent the report to their forums, never bothered to check their forums, but maybe 2 mins after I sent the report an admin joined.

As I wasn't an active member of the group, but I did like playing on the server, I didn't know any of the admins and wasn't apart of the forums. This allowed me, a reoccuring playing and someone who liked the server, to get an admin on without having to go through the hassle of signing up on the forums.

I see no harm in getting something setup similar to this. The entire arguement of "we have a player complaint" section is bullshit and unintelligent. The majority of all player complaints will take at least an hour if not more. Every time I've filed a complaint, even before the wipeout from last January, it took mine over a day.

If a player is on the server freekilling, or teamkilling or RDM'ing, do you really think letting them do it for an hour is good for the server?

Yes, active members of the group itself, not the server, will probably have a few admin friends, or a forum account and can just call for one in chatbox, but what about the non forum members.

I can tell you first hand that almost everytime I'm on the TTT server, that 75% of the players are randies and/or frequent players who only play on the server but never get on the forums.

Tbh, trial and error. I see no point in not adding it, and if it doesn't work, removing it.

• Content Count:  2001

I see no harm in getting something setup similar to this. The entire arguement of "we have a player complaint" section is bullshit and unintelligent. The majority of all player complaints will take at least an hour if not more. Every time I've filed a complaint, even before the wipeout from last January, it took mine over a day.

If a player is on the server freekilling, or teamkilling or RDM'ing, do you really think letting them do it for an hour is good for the server?

Unintelligent and bullshit? Yeah guess we should just get rid of it and let rule breakers in the server whenever i guess. I can also say 9 times out of 10 there is an admin you can get to come into the server.

• Content Count:  2589

Unintelligent and bullshit? Yeah guess we should just get rid of it and let rule breakers in the server whenever i guess. I can also say 9 times out of 10 there is an admin you can get to come into the server.

Did you just like, entirely miss the point of my post? The point of adding a !report or something similar command is so that the players that don't know admins can request one. People arguing against adding it with the point of "we have a player complaint section" are using an unintelligent and bullshit point, yes. I never said it was a bad thing, the section comes in handy, but not for immediate results. If you are new to a server, do you honestly think you would be able to simply hop onto your friends list and ask an admin to join?

Seriously jake, did you not fucking read my post?

"As I wasn't an active member of the group, but I did like playing on the server, I didn't know any of the admins and wasn't apart of the forums. This allowed me, a reoccuring playing and someone who liked the server, to get an admin on without having to go through the hassle of signing up on the forums."

"Yes, active members of the group itself, not the server, will probably have a few admin friends, or a forum account and can just call for one in chatbox, but what about the non forum members.

I can tell you first hand that almost everytime I'm on the TTT server, that 75% of the players are randies and/or frequent players who only play on the server but never get on the forums.

Tbh, trial and error. I see no point in not adding it, and if it doesn't work, removing it."

You really have to look at the big picture. You can't just think about the actual members of the group that have a forum account and have admin friends. The servers aren't always going to be full of active members and won't always have an active member on there.

• Content Count:  4960

9 out of 10 you say? I say bullshit on that sir, try out a plugin like this and we'll be happier.. Certainly the players who don't have forum accounts or know admins.

We need to be attractive to new players. Player complaints will obv stay!

Reply to Thread