? servers

? players online

DayZ

• Content Count:  5063

Actually found out I might not be getting a PC so I might as well post specs and see if you lovely people could help me out because i suck with this shit, all I know is it's pretty bad.

CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E5400 @2.70GHz (2CPUs)

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series

2 GB of ram (I know that's the minimum.)

I just wanted to see if I could at least run it on lowest graphical settings. Probably won't get it yet if I can't.

Really, 2 gb ram? I'm surprised you can run windows :p

This is for the mod. i don't think the game requires that much more.

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

Memory: 1GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 10 GB free space

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

Memory: 2GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 20 GB free space

• Content Count:  4960

Everything I have meets the minimum requirements except my graphics card, hopefully I get a new pc :/

It makes me think about 6 years ago when I only had the laptop of my sister to play games on.. Until I built my computer :3

Now I have a gaming laptop.. Thinking about building a super-computer again :)

• Content Count:  177

You would obviously need more ram as windows will take up some of it and the recommended graphics cards are pretty cheap now, I'd just get an up to date gaming PC.

This. RAM is pretty cheap and a decent graphics card isn't too bad depending on the brand. I run an ATI and have never had any issues with it on any game. There are a lot of Christmas deals going on now, take advantage of them and upgrade your computer. But if you are looking to buy a new computer outright, newegg has some good prices, especially if you want to just build your own computer.

Edit: Just looked at your processor, I'm surprised people still use dual cores for gaming, I think my phone has more processing power hue hue hue.

But seriously, you might just want to get a new computer, Windows 7 and 8 suck up a retarded amount of RAM but with 2 cores, you are going to run into some serious issues me thinks. Like I said, if you want to keep the price down, go AMD. While its not as good at gaming as Intel, mine ran ARMA 2 on High which is probably good enough to run DayZ. I think the total cost of my computer from Newegg was around $750 with Windows 8.

• Content Count:  3178

You would obviously need more ram as windows will take up some of it and the recommended graphics cards are pretty cheap now, I'd just get an up to date gaming PC.

This 100 times.

Windows itself is a heavy-demanding system, with what you have, you will have a lot of annoyance playing the game.

Windows will already be using an average of 1-2GB RAM and 1GHz of your CPU.

Oh and don't forget all the programs you are running on the background that could use a lot of resources (and the ones you don't even know you are running).

• Content Count:  3401

Yeah and to add I'm using like six of my eight gigabytes of RAM while running DayZ (Highest settings) including skype, chrome and everything else and even steam which uses too much in my opinion. SteamOS is meant to fix that because it's an OS just for gaming so it doesn't take up ram like windows does, but I wouldn't get that as I don't think any games are even on it yet and we don't know if it will even be the standard OS for gaming yet.

• Content Count:  490

Surprisingly, i thought i would grow wings out of my ass and fly into the sun before i ever enjoy playing DayZ again.

But i'll admit i had tons of fun playing this.

Was travelling to Zelenogorsk with a fellow bambi, when 7 guys came out of nowhere with M4's.

Expecting them to murder us horribly for no reason, they asked if we wanted to join their "Town"

Basically these 7 guys were part of a 10-14 man group who had a base in Zelenogorsk taking in new players and the like.

Was weird and amazing to see how they had guard post around the center of Zelenogorsk. They would send groups out to collect weapons and gear from the nearby military camp, while the others protected their huge food stash.

So instead of server hopping to get gear, kill bambi's and other players just for the sake of pvp. They actually started a huge group and made a "functioning town" which to say, had me regain hope in DayZ again!

Got some cool stuff from them. Fucking M4 with bipod! BIPOD!

jiz4.jpg

If i ever find them again, i will take pictures of it for sure.

• Content Count:  4960

This 100 times.

Windows itself is a heavy-demanding system, with what you have, you will have a lot of annoyance playing the game.

Windows will already be using an average of 1-2GB RAM and 1GHz of your CPU.

Oh and don't forget all the programs you are running on the background that could use a lot of resources (and the ones you don't even know you are running).

A small solution to that problem is using a Game Booster like Razer's.. I use it on my laptop ^^

• Content Count:  3178

A small solution to that problem is using a Game Booster like Razer's.. I use it on my laptop ^^

Game booster interrupts programs running in the background from using more resources than needed, what it does not do is touch Windows background processes other than maybe explorer.exe and a couple of other unessential processes.

It could help a bit, but for his system I doubt it would be much. Never hurts to try tho.

Reply to Thread