? servers

? players online

Group Podcast and or Youtube channel

• Content Count:  3150

I did the best with the limited material I had available at 3 am. Threw something together to put up.

Threw together a quick little video to just say who we are

If someone wants to make a better one by all means do so. Plan is for the majority of the videos to be user submitted. Me and jake are just gonna be the ones to upload em.

So we are going to have the most inconsistent video subject outside of it being SG related. That doesn't make sense either. Most people keep coming back to a channel because they like the certain type of content.

I feel like everyone told you it would be a dumb idea so you said fuck it I'll do it myself. Good for you, but if you are going to put SGs name on it please have some sort of plan.

• Content Count:  2589

The objective as you stated in your OP was to increase interest in SG, why on God's green earth would you create a video equivalent to a 13 year old dabbling in LPs? Why would you even offer to make videos if you're going to turn around and say "if you want it not be bad why didn't you do it yourself?"?

I'm drinking and posting at this point.

The plan was to be videos of gameplay within the server as recorded and submitted by the users

In FYI, everyone I have talked to likes the idea so no I didn't just say fuck it.

I threw together a quick little video at three in the morning that tbh, isn't a great video, but it gets the point across.

I still don't honestly think it is as bad as you guys are acting like it is but that's your opinion.

And scuba, idk wtf I ever did to get on your bad side as I used to really like you, but can you make a post about me without resorting to insults and name calling?

A simple "the video isn't that good" would suffice.

• Content Count:  2075

The plan was to be videos of gameplay within the server as recorded and submitted by the users

In FYI, everyone I have talked to likes the idea so no I didn't just say fuck it.

I threw together a quick little video at three in the morning that tbh, isn't a great video, but it gets the point across.

I still don't honestly think it is as bad as you guys are acting like it is but that's your opinion.

And scuba, idk wtf I ever did to get on your bad side as I used to really like you, but can you make a post about me without resorting to insults and name calling?

I can't even begin to fathom why someone would be upset when the first impression they get from a video venture of SG is garbage. It is almost equivalent to the first impression concept and why would someone get disgruntled when the first concept was garbage? Sure it's our opinion that it's garbage but that opinion seems consistent and last I recalled opinions of viewers are what makes or breaks a viewing medium.

I'll admit I expressed myself in a vulgar and aggressive manner but that seems to be the only thing that really causes people to stop, read, and respond these days. It also makes this much more interesting for me.

On another note, who the fuck did you talk to about this idea because all I see on this thread are neutral to negative remarks. Not a single clear endorsement is on this thread and from what I can understand from some comments made by an AO this wasn't exactly discussed before you went and used SG's name on a YT channel.

I have nothing personally against you at this point but holy shit learn to take criticism when your work is sub-par.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2668

Instead of backlashing, use this to improve your future videos.

Second, instead of throwing a bunch of random shit together and then using the time of day when it was made as an excuse, actually put together something quality. All the Youtube videos you see that are popular and really good take days to make. If you produce videos that are recorded and mixed with a potato, your just going to make the community look like a COD kiddy clan.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3178

Saying "I made the video at 3 am, so don't be mad at the things that are bad" is the same as me as a BD saying "I created the ZE server at 3 am, don't mind that the server doesn't have the ZE mod installed."

That is just a horrible excuse. Either get something good, or let someone else do it (when they have time).

I have nothing against you, as you should know, but asking for 'decent' stuff to be done/added and you yourself don't do it 100%, is just counter-productive.

I am currently still on vacation and on a phone, but when I am home in a couple of days I still have lots of other stuff to do for SG, but I will keep your ideas in mind to possibly get something officially done, because atm I haven't seen any +AO agree with you doing this alone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Saying "I made the video at 3 am, so don't be mad at the things that are bad" is the same as me as a BD saying "I created the ZE server at 3 am, don't mind that the server doesn't have the ZE mod installed."

That is just a horrible excuse. Either get something good, or let someone else do it (when they have time).

I have nothing against you, as you should know, but asking for 'decent' stuff to be done/added and you yourself don't do it 100%, is just counter-productive.

I am currently still on vacation and on a phone, but when I am home in a couple of days I still have lots of other stuff to do for SG, but I will keep your ideas in mind to possibly get something officially done, because atm I haven't seen any +AO agree with you doing this alone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Point of me saying when I made it was to tell you it was late and I just wanted to get something out there.

I'm not saying that particular video is going to be what is featured on the channel, I just threw something together real fast to just put on. Odds are I'll just delete the video here soon anyway.

Moving on from the video itself.

I talked to MPQC last night about it being "official". He said "official is a fancy word for "because we say it is" or w/e" He said as for it being pushed as the official one, meaning openly supported by the group and advertised within the group, I would have to get community support.

In terms of those behind the idea, everyone I asked, which was prob close to 20 ppl, liked the concept of it. Said concept being videos submitted by members of the community showcasing fun moments on the server. I myself am incapable of recording gameplay footage. The entire premises of the idea was for me and jake to manage the channel, with the videos being user submitted. Which in turn would make it a community channel. Not just a few members from the community.

As for what gator said about backlashing, I am open to constructive criticism, but essentially telling me "looks like a 12 year old retard" made it doesn't really tell me much about what to work on.

Ignoring the video, which is deleted, lets focus on the idea of the channel itself. I'm gonna talk to some people tomorrow that have some game recording and work on getting some gameplay videos uploaded.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13068[/ATTACH]

I gave you constructive criticism on page 2, no need to get so aggravated. Please tell me you're not using Windows Movie Maker.

For the time being, unfortunately yes. After a few paychecks I will try to invest in a more suitable program.

Open to suggestions as to which programs work best.

Reply to Thread