? servers

? players online

BuildRP Server

• Content Count:  940

From what I've heard, the server was supposed to be set up this weekend. Maybe it will be delayed like everything else we do *cough* vb5 *cough* but the ideal is to get it up asap to test it and make It perfect. I've been trying to make a system where if players join our forums through the server, they get a bunch of money, as suggested by wertles. I'm not too sure how to do that, but I know that not much can get done without the server being up, considering that everything is complete besides uploading, testing and showing stuff to the AOs.

• Content Count:  3728

From what I've heard, the server was supposed to be set up this weekend. Maybe it will be delayed like everything else we do *cough* vb5 *cough* but the ideal is to get it up asap to test it and make It perfect. I've been trying to make a system where if players join our forums through the server, they get a bunch of money, as suggested by wertles. I'm not too sure how to do that, but I know that not much can get done without the server being up, considering that everything is complete besides uploading, testing and showing stuff to the AOs.

I'm pretty sure the only way of even being able to do something like that is adding the 'sign in through steam' feature for the forum, which we most likely won't be adding, and that also seems like the only way it could work.

• Content Count:  1064

The only way besides para's way is make a sticky in the server section and have people put their SteamID if they want extra in game cash.

• Content Count:  3178

The only way besides para's way is make a sticky in the server section and have people put their SteamID if they want extra in game cash.

Oh god, the memories of the Minecraft whitelist thread are coming back.. Such an annoying task, lol.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was considering that but its a quite annoying task.... Im contacting someone else that used to own a buildrp server to ask him how he did it.

• Content Count:  4960

Offtopic: Gmod multigames server started out well, there were 4-5 people who kept playing.

I told them to sign up for the SG forums, so we'll see what happens.

Go spartan!

• Content Count:  5108

Offtopic: Gmod multigames server started out well, there were 4-5 people who kept playing.

I told them to sign up for the SG forums, so we'll see what happens.

Go spartan!

Last night, there were a lot of people marveling at the idea of the server and they weren't even from SG. It was about maybe 30 people. You can ask Nuclear Onion and Squid. Some even said they were interested in joining.

Last night, there were a lot of people marveling at the idea of the server and they weren't even from SG. It was about maybe 30 people. You can ask Nuclear Onion and Squid. Some even said they were interested in joining.

Idea of which server?

• Content Count:  6465

What Pan32 said!

No/Abstain to this suggestion. (Jk)

Instead of accepting stuff that don't require any work, make servers that actually have a high chance to survive and pull in players. Sleggie practically has made himself AO ad interim with this :p

I can understand that it's no fun to do all technical stuff for SG in your free time, but what's the point in staying AO or BD (whatever rank the person has) if you don't like to fix and setup servers or don't know enough about it to do the job. (Contradicting myself, but anybody can learn if they want and I believe all current AO+ are good with the tech business of SG)..

Give this project a two-week trial. to evaluate, make a new thread where the players can say yes/no to the server and give a good reason why. The same could (read: should) be done with Morbus.

(Don't wait too long since the donation quota hasn't been reached for 2-3 months i believe)

I have looked up some videos of Buildrp and joined some BuildRP servers and I conclude with saying that i'd love to have a BuildRP SG server tbh.. But it's the population that bothers me :(

Good luck Sleggie!

Since people can't seem to get past the "Working on servers that require no work versus servers people are requesting" I'm not the only AO+ in this community, surprisingly enough. The fact I took this on was because it was easy, I was doing finals and finishing my semester of college, it's another server to add to SG's variety of servers, and other AO's can focus on servers people want if they wish.

I don't see why a server which is easy to put up should not be put up when it isn't going to take that much time away to do. Why put off putting up a BuildRP server when it takes one night to put up? I literally completed putting up this server tonight. It works fine, and only thing left is restricting certain props.

From what I've heard, the server was supposed to be set up this weekend. Maybe it will be delayed like everything else we do *cough* vb5 *cough* but the ideal is to get it up asap to test it and make It perfect.

Lol...Feel free to give me shit for putting it up on Monday instead of Sunday. Fucking impatient.

Anyways the server is up and running on zriot's old IP: 74.91.116.97:27015 password is Noope with the capital N and two o's. Current issues are that several props/what not that should probably be blocked are not blocked, and the map defaults to gm_flatgrass instead of gm_construct which I'll sort out tomorrow. Admins can manually change to gm_construct and it works fine, so I don't know what's up exactly.

I really don't know why you guys are so against this server. But since Sleggie did most of the work, it only took tonight to put it up entirely, and I can move on to other servers while adding variety to SG's current roster of servers. It looks like only benefits to me, but of course you guys can find the negative in anything.

Edited by XeNo

Reply to Thread