? servers

? players online

BuildRP Server

• Content Count:  940

yeah, I understand. But these are 3 popular RPservers. There's more that they don't have that many players in them

Of course they're populated, they're the only ones that are half decent enough to have people play on them. Observe this.

• Content Count:  940

Besides the fact that SG hasn't succeeded in creating any RP server and keeping it alive for long(not to forget the shitstorm of drama), there's not really much support from the community itself on this.

I'll admit that the current community doesn't like this, but there are currently people seeking for a good buildrp server. That's where "giving this a shot" comes in. Besides, if its setting up the server you're worried about, keep in mind that I've got the hard part done. It just takes a 26 slot gmod server and contacting me. If you people are worried of getting gmod people on our forums, we'll just give them a forum section, tell them that if they donate they get cool stuff and it shouldn't be too much of a bother. This isn't a huge project that should dramatically change SG either; I see this as a simple, fun, well made server where we can try something new and different and well... See where it takes us. Furthermore, servers like this survive for long.

Sorry if I repeat myself.

-finished making rule list

• Content Count:  8754

I'll admit that the current community doesn't like this, but there are currently people seeking for a good buildrp server.

So you're hinging this all on a completely new player base organically coming in and populating the server, without the support of the current userbase?

Besides, if its setting up the server you're worried about, keep in mind that I've got the hard part done. It just takes a 26 slot gmod server and contacting me.

I don't think the issue is with setting up a physical server honestly. The actual setup of the DarkRP and PERP servers when we did have them went pretty well, and the current higher ups have a good bit of knowledge with it too.

If you people are worried of getting gmod people on our forums, we'll just give them a forum section, tell them that if they donate they get cool stuff and it shouldn't be too much of a bother.

Sounds like a weak way of integrating potential new users into our community IMO. I doubt that just giving an RP server a forum section would entice them to join our forums (ie. look at our current game-server forums - they're not really used much. Who's to say that an RP one would be used by new players?)

This isn't a huge project that should dramatically change SG either; I see this as a simple, fun, well made server where we can try something new and different and well... See where it takes us.

By your words, there's already a low bar set for this potential server. Sure it might end up being well-made, but the fact that you said that it would mostly be made up of new users finding the server randomly (as opposed to the current userbase playing a big hand in populating it, which isn't likely to happen anyways), I don't honestly see it taking us towards a successful future.

Furthermore, servers like this survive for long.

At this point, I'm not so sure. Sorry if this whole post comes off as rude, it's just what I honestly think about this possibility.

Reply to Thread