? servers

? players online

WORLD CUP 2014

• Content Count:  448

All African teams are shit. The reason being they don't know how to defend. Their entire team plays as ATLEAST attacking mids, if not full blown strikers. Their goalies look like high school kids. Their attacking is world class at times, but that's it. Tha fuck is an African Cup anyway? LOL SRSLY? The only teams worth a damn thing out of their are Ivory Coast and Ghana. South Africa was OK for a short while as well. The last world class player coming out of Africa was Drogba (could argue Yaya Toure, but he's just a solid midfielder). But that's it. End of discussion, if you think differently then you're high.

France has been absolute CLASS in this tournament. Benzema's found his rhythm. Their younger players, mainly Pogba and Griezmann have been solid. Valbuena is working wonders in the midfield, and their backline is pretty damn good as well.

Brazil have been shaky as all shit. They can produce SOMETIMES. However, their biggest downfall is their defense, or lack there of. Despite monsters like Silva and Luis, their left and right backs are anything BUT defenders. They attack well, but you send up a good winger, they'll cross that line up pretty bad.

Germany is solid all around. If you knew anything, you'd know that they've been running an incredibly defensive line. A lone striker, and a stacked midfield/backline. They play a very patient game and wait for an opening for players like Ozil, Mueller, or Gotze. It's a shame Reus is injured. Netherlands plays a similar tactic, being patient, except run a more attacking formation and lineup, mainly utilizing Van Persie and Robben.

The other South American teams play a fast paced, full pressure game. They rely on speed and quick ball movements up the pitch so they can utilize their star players, such as Ruiz and Rodriguez.

Belgium is simply solid all around and Argentina is...well...Argentina.

Its obvious that some people have no idea what they're saying. If a team had a completely DIFFERENT lineup, then you could get away with saying, oh well it's not the same team who cares what they've done in the past or haven't done this time around. However, Spain had the SAME lineup (atleast 90% of it). They...S U C K E D. B A D. They got their previous World Cup shoved so far up their butt, it came out of their mouth filled with chocolate.

Hahahahaha you must be new to futbol right? Just the fact that you said belgium is solid all around is giving me proof that you dont watch and play futbol. A solid team would let a ball play behind their wall during a freekick. Belgium have their time but they are not constant. something that a solid team need to have. Argentina arent that good. they are boring to watch. for real belgium vs argentina is going to be boring as hell. Germany didnt well played agaisnt algeria. But if you know them, you should know that they werent constant during the whole world cup. Struggling for a goal agaisnt US is bad. Germany is good but dont think because they scored 4 goal agaisnt portugal, they are doing good.

• Content Count:  5108

All African teams are shit. The reason being they don't know how to defend. Their entire team plays as ATLEAST attacking mids, if not full blown strikers. Their goalies look like high school kids. Their attacking is world class at times, but that's it. Tha fuck is an African Cup anyway? LOL SRSLY? The only teams worth a damn thing out of their are Ivory Coast and Ghana. South Africa was OK for a short while as well. The last world class player coming out of Africa was Drogba (could argue Yaya Toure, but he's just a solid midfielder). But that's it. End of discussion, if you think differently then you're high.

This is not even close. You're forgetting about teams such as Morocco and Algeria? I'd say the best football in Africa definately comes out of North Africa by far. Yes, Ivory Coast and Ghana are two talented teams, but you're forgetting about a few of the North African teams, which are full of talent. You're going to say Adel Taarabt isn't a World Class player? Look at all the goals he scored with QPR and how he fought hard against relegation. Also, if you say African keepers are all shit, then you're clearly ignorant. Did you not see the game M'Bolhi played against the Germans? He played like a World Class goalkeeper. Also, if you're going to say South Africa was ok, then you're wrong yet again. I hope you realize the only way they played last World Cup was because they were the host nation. Their team is garbage, the only decent player they have is Tshabalala. African football isn't the greatest, I agree, but there is a lot of talent coming out of there.

and Argentina is...well...Argentina.

I love how everyone overestimates Argentina. Yes of course, they have a great history in the World Cup, having won two of them. But their back 4 consists of some good players, but overall, they're kinda shitty. Mascherano is complete garbage, Garay and Zabaleta are the only two good defenders on that team. They rely way too much on Messi, and they've been scoring very late in each of their matches. I don't see them winning this tournament at all.

• Like 1
Edited by eXtr3m3

• Content Count:  913

TBH Argentina is just like Uruguay or Portugal in relying on that one genius player to win them games.

Sure the rest of the team is decent enough, but that one guy has a bad game ( Or decides to get a little bitey) and its game over.

• Content Count:  202

Argentina being Argentina is exactly what it means. I did not say they are good or bad, learn to read. BDColl hit the nail right on the head. They rely way too heavily on Messi, when they have Aguero as well to score and Di Maria to provide the ball. Anyone even assuming that there is good football in Africa are the new ones to the sport, or absolutely delirious. You are all mistaking form for class. Simply because a player has a few good games or a few goals, does NOT make them world class. You guys are popping chubs for all the wrong reasons. African football is shit and will always be shit. The only reason any players born out of there are any good at all is because they move to foreign leagues and learn how to actually play. Once they go back to their respective national teams, they're put back into a shit formation, using shit tactics, and surrounded by shit players that still play in Africa...they're shit.

Belgium being solid means they have a good all around lineup. They DO need work on their consistency, but remember this...A win is a win, whether it's by one goal, or by 5. A team can dominate an entire game and only score a single goal, depending on their tactics, which from what I read, none of you understand any of that. Their line up is comprised of players that have all had consistent and solid performances in their league teams. Kompany and Vertgonghen are monsters in the back. Their right and left backs, while not overly great, still provide good defense. Their midfield and forwards, Hazard, Mertens, Mirallas, Witsel, , Lukaku, Fellaini...ALL have had good seasons in their respective league teams. You would know this if you didn't watch so much shitty African football.

Germany started the tournament strong and have continued strong. They beat an incredibly weak Portugal side. If they played a more attacking football, they would have scored 10 goals. Again, not understanding tactics is what you suffer from. As I've said, they're playing an incredibly defensive game. 4-3-2-1. If you don't understand that...4 defenders, 3 center defensive mids, 2 attacking mids, and a lone striker. They play possession and a patient game. Simply because they only won 2-1 and took their time doing it, doesn't mean they had "a hard time"...Look up the game stats...They dominated that game...You guys should just start watching basketball or something.

Edited by Bork

Argentina being Argentina is exactly what it means. I did not say they are good or bad, learn to read. BDColl hit the nail right on the head. They rely way too heavily on Messi, when they have Aguero as well to score and Di Maria to provide the ball. Anyone even assuming that there is good football in Africa are the new ones to the sport, or absolutely delirious. You are all mistaking form for class. Simply because a player has a few good games or a few goals, does NOT make them world class. You guys are popping chubs for all the wrong reasons. African football is shit and will always be shit. The only reason any players born out of there are any good at all is because they move to foreign leagues and learn how to actually play. Once they go back to their respective national teams, they're put back into a shit formation, using shit tactics, and surrounded by shit players that still play in Africa...they're shit.

Belgium being solid means they have a good all around lineup. They DO need work on their consistency, but remember this...A win is a win, whether it's by one goal, or by 5. A team can dominate an entire game and only score a single goal, depending on their tactics, which from what I read, none of you understand any of that. Their line up is comprised of players that have all had consistent and solid performances in their league teams. Kompany and Vertgonghen are monsters in the back. Their right and left backs, while not overly great, still provide good defense. Their midfield and forwards, Hazard, Mertens, Mirallas, Witsel, , Lukaku, Fellaini...ALL have had good seasons in their respective league teams. You would know this if you didn't watch so much shitty African football.

Germany started the tournament strong and have continued strong. They beat an incredibly weak Portugal side. If they played a more attacking football, they would have scored 10 goals. Again, not understanding tactics is what you suffer from. As I've said, they're playing an incredibly defensive game. 4-3-2-1. If you don't understand that...4 defenders, 3 center defensive mids, 2 attacking mids, and a lone striker. They play possession and a patient game. Simply because they only won 2-1 and took their time doing it, doesn't mean they had "a hard time"...Look up the game stats...They dominated that game...You guys should just start watching basketball or something.

I agree completely with how you feel on Germany and Belgium (to an extent), but the comment about African football being shit and always being shit is just an act of pure ignorance.

If you really love football as much as you do, you would watch it as much as you can. I actually spend my time looking for different matches to watch, whether it's a Champions League match or an MLS match, football is football. If you really love the sport, you'd love watching it, regardless of what team is on. You can't even imagine how angry my parents used to get at me when I used to watch teams like River Plate from Argentina. They would say shit like "why the hell do you watch this shit? you don't even like this team!" I watch football because it is the beautiful game, and the talent that comes out of Africa is actually pretty immense. I guarantee within the next 20 years, an African team will lift up the World Cup trophy. I don't really feel like getting into more detail because I'm not up for more arguments, but you clearly are only watching European football. Take some time to go watch an MLS match or the Copa America in Chile next year.

• Like 1
Edited by eXtr3m3

I will watch any game that's on TV and enjoy watching the sport. However, itt doesn't change the quality of play that I am watching. African football is shit and so is MLS (though they are trying to boost it's quality by signing on old European league players).

• Content Count:  448

I will watch any game that's on TV and enjoy watching the sport. However, itt doesn't change the quality of play that I am watching. African football is shit and so is MLS (though they are trying to boost it's quality by signing on old European league players).

For real i would like to see you on a field. You talkshit about african leagues or MLS but dude, if you were playing in a club, you wont even be fucking good enough to play in those shitty clubs. Have respect for the work of others because as I remember, you wont stand a chance agaisnt them. Do you even know how its hard to play 90min of pure futbol. You wont even last 2 games.

Just because you can't watch people do some skills down the wing and break past defenders doesn't mean that it's shitty football. If you played soccer a bit or even knew anything about it, you'd know it's more than watching Messi dribble through defenses. The way you've been describing the World Cup, you seem like the type of person who spends his time watching Messi & Ronaldo goals & skills videos on YouTube and not real matches of football.

Nublife, you're upset. Take a breather. As far as I'm concerned, I was as close to getting signed to a pro team as yourself.

Potatoes...Sending longballs, horrible finishing, and no rhythm of play make those leagues shit. Before you go make assumptions about who I watch (Ronaldo is my favorite player currently, btw), howabout I throw some names out there of real class...Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Schweinsteiger, Arteta, David Silva, Gerrard, Riquelme, Rivaldo, Romario, Viera, Yaya, Roberto Carlos, Redondo, Figo, Di Stefano, Raul...Besides a couple of those names, none of those players were overly fancy in their play as Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi. However, they had/have UNBELIEVABLE vision, being in the right place at the right time and making almost impossible plays, slotting the ball between defenders for a run or sending a ball across the entire field to the FEET of their intended player. THAT is the class difference between African/MLS/Asian football and everywhere else. The ability to move the ball around effectively. The ability to send strikers towards goal to score. Or even WORKING HARD in the midfield, taking and keeping possession. Africa doesn't have that. No class...Maybe a good day, but that's it. MLS is like reliving high school. Long balls galore. Inaccurate long balls. Bad defence. Asian football is just all around bad. They simply run straight forwards like chickens with their heads off. Every now and then a stroke of genius, but that's it. Again, you keep mistaking form for class. Go watch basketball.

You guys are the kind of people that see an idiot knock over an old woman purposely and say, "Oh...They must have tripped. NO ONE IS THAT BAD"....I have news for you...When you step out into the real world...People suck.

Edited by Bork

Reply to Thread