? servers

? players online

WORLD CUP 2014

• Content Count:  5108

Nublife, you're upset. Take a breather. As far as I'm concerned, I was as close to getting signed to a pro team as yourself.

Potatoes...Sending longballs, horrible finishing, and no rhythm of play make those leagues shit. Before you go make assumptions about who I watch (Ronaldo is my favorite player currently, btw), howabout I throw some names out there of real class...Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Schweinsteiger, Arteta, David Silva, Gerrard, Riquelme, Rivaldo, Romario, Viera, Yaya, Roberto Carlos, Redondo, Figo, Di Stefano, Raul...Besides a couple of those names, none of those players were overly fancy in their play as Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi. However, they had/have UNBELIEVABLE vision, being in the right place at the right time and making almost impossible plays, slotting the ball between defenders for a run or sending a ball across the entire field to the FEET of their intended player. THAT is the class difference between African/MLS/Asian football and everywhere else. The ability to move the ball around effectively. The ability to send strikers towards goal to score. Or even WORKING HARD in the midfield, taking and keeping possession. Africa doesn't have that. No class...Maybe a good day, but that's it. MLS is like reliving high school. Long balls galore. Inaccurate long balls. Bad defence. Asian football is just all around bad. They simply run straight forwards like chickens with their heads off. Every now and then a stroke of genius, but that's it. Again, you keep mistaking form for class. Go watch basketball.

You guys are the kind of people that see an idiot knock over an old woman purposely and say, "Oh...They must have tripped. NO ONE IS THAT BAD"....I have news for you...When you step out into the real world...People suck.

And you don't think I recognize players such as that? Of course, every name that you listed up has earned their spot as the greatest footballers of all time. But there's still way more talent than that, that no one really appreciates. It's the feeling when you watch that one team in the MLS or that one player in an African team that really shines and that's how you discover players. I wouldn't say either is really good, but it's worth watching due to the individual talent from some players. As for Asian football, I do agree with you, it's not even entertaining to watch at all. I'd rather watch kids in wheelchairs play.

• Content Count:  202

And you would tell them that it's ok to not even try and get up and walk ever again. You want to encourage failure. Worse type of person. They'll always be shit and you're delirious.

Edited by Bork

• Content Count:  4960

Quit making angry posts y'all..

It's just the world cup, not the cure for aids.

Make love, don't flame.

PS: Go Belgium! We'll take out Messi and then we're World Champion before we know it! (jk)

• Content Count:  202

It wasn't irrelevant at all. I was merely pointing out the fact that you settle for mediocrity and even encourage failures by even THINKING those leagues are worth anything at all. The percentage of talent out of those leagues is so minute that when ANY talent shows up, you believe it's a big deal, rather than take a step back and go, "Oh, well there's something that needs to be fixed here. We should try and rethink our tactics and playstyle". African football is bad and therefore, produces bad players.

MLS has always been shit. That's why they're dumping so much money into it in an attempt to introduce real class and play into the league. Not to mention try and make the sport a little more popular in the United States. The ONLY reason that the US national team ever does decent is because you have a few in the BPL and they are a hard working team. That is it. You're delirious if you think otherwise. If the players on the national team had an ounce of real class, finesse or understanding of the game, they would have played more effective possession. Instead, every comeback they've had has always been a simple scramble to the goal, a last ditch effort. They only succeed because of their work ethic.

You don't seem to know very much at all because it seems as if you admire the mere fact that these players can kick a ball hard and run fast. It takes alot more than that to achieve a level of class worthy of admiration. Unfortunately, no matter how you look at it, the MLS nor the African leagues have produced any of that. ANY PLAYER WORTH MENTIONING FROM THOSE COUNTRIES are only worth mentioning because of their moves to the BPL, La Liga, or Serie A. Simple as that. You contradicted yourself.

"Just because you can't watch people do some skills down the wing and break past defenders doesn't mean that it's shitty football. If you played soccer a bit or even knew anything about it, you'd know it's more than watching Messi dribble through defenses. The way you've been describing the World Cup, you seem like the type of person who spends his time watching Messi & Ronaldo goals & skills videos on YouTube and not real matches of football. "

Then you say...

"I wouldn't say either is really good, but it's worth watching due to the individual talent from some players."

So which is it? Is it the "individual talent", which in such shitty leagues, can only be described as mediocre and decent work ethic, that's worth watching? Or is it the shitty football being played by team that has no rhythm or real understanding of ball movement, runs and tactics? Again, rather than not settle for sub-par performances, you almost promote it. I would stick with basketball, dude.

Reply to Thread