? servers

? players online

Perp?

• Content Count:  5063

it was shut down, that was cus dedi wasnt paid by amit so it vanished. And the ddos was back in the days, but all the shitty communities are gone/dead and there is barely to none ddos left.

Paralyzed was the one who purchased the gamemode and with help from Chainedlord and spiral they worked day and night getting everything working before it was shut down.. it was chaotic and too many rulebreakers was also one of the reasons it was shut down and never reopened.

I doubt either of them would want to start on a new server, if so its something the AO's will have to struggle with cus i doubt para would give perp another go!

Edited by floffypus

• Content Count:  4960

it was shut down, that was cus dedi wasnt paid by amit so it vanished. And the ddos was back in the days, but all the shitty communities are gone/dead and there is barely to none ddos left.

Paralyzed was the one who purchased the gamemode and with help from Chainedlord and spiral they worked day and night getting everything working before it was shut down.. it was chaotic and too many rulebreakers was also one of the reasons it was shut down and never reopened.

I doubt either of them would want to start on a new server, if so its something the AO's will have to struggle with cus i doubt para would give perp another go!

Paralyzed moved on..

He's not that into SG anymore I believe :/

• Content Count:  1070

It took ton of work and had to be monitored 24/7 with an admin. When it started it was just a cluster fuck off people crying and some admins abusing later on people started to know the rules and it got better it was fun. Me and para i think where the most active people on there.

Katlin Rose still lives.

• Content Count:  2167

build PR already has serious lag/rulebreaking issues. I feel like this would take more effort to run than anyone in a position to do so is willing to put into it. I also highly doubt it would operate smoothly, if at all.

• Content Count:  1064

It took ton of work and had to be monitored 24/7 with an admin. When it started it was just a cluster fuck off people crying and some admins abusing later on people started to know the rules and it got better it was fun. Me and para i think where the most active people on there.

Katlin Rose still lives.

build PR already has serious lag/rulebreaking issues. I feel like this would take more effort to run than anyone in a position to do so is willing to put into it. I also highly doubt it would operate smoothly, if at all.

As with most popular servers, yes it does require an admin on most of the time.

But yes Dirk, that's why it will require a 2nd dedi to run on. It will also yes take a few admins to monitor it all day sadly.

Yeah, that's why all the SA's would have to be familiarized with the rules before being given powers on the server so that there wouldn't be all kinda of abuse like on BuildRP when it was launched, there were admins abusing god mode and noclip a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  6465

All these "yeah it'll take up a lot of resources, but that's why you put it on a second dedi" comments are getting really obnoxious.

In case you haven't noticed, our donations aren't taking off and going 200% above every month anymore, WE DO NOT HAVE FUNDS FOR A SECOND DEDI.

Unless you plan on shelling out the $100+ for a second dedi every month yourself, this server isn't happening right now. Literally no other points matter on this topic, because they're all null if we can't even physically put up the server in the first place.

• Content Count:  4960

Eventually, perp won't be the gamemod that attracts people..

If there's anything that could us back on top, it's CS:GO and a good amount of advertising :)

• Content Count:  3791

Whenever we like it or not XeNo does make the fundamental point to what nobody is really seeing, even if we do manage to fix all the bugs and get PERP working with the new version of Gmod, we have nowhere to host it and not enough money to even get it up and running. As it is now PERP is too big of a thing for SG to have, and could stay that way indefinitely.

• Content Count:  3178

Yeah, servers get DDoS'd a lot when it comes to Perp. Nothing you can really do besides have a whitelist on forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A whitelist doesn't block or stop DoS and DDoS attacks.

If we look at good companies wnho can give us good DDOS protection and a network monitor, then we can see who is trying to DDOS us and black list their IP if needed, though this won't block people who decide to tunnel their connection.

I did all that myself back then when we used to have a lot of DDoS attacks, hell most of which is still being blocked (huge IP-blacklist on our firewalls :p), doubt I would have the time to redo all this again once we get another Perp server with a possibility of another DDoS series.

And paying a company to do this instead? Sure, if we can find that chest with gold on the end of the rainbow, to pay them :)

Reply to Thread