? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [July 19th, 2014]

• Content Count:  4960

So,

At the company where I work, we play with the lottery as a group. I'll provide you guys with a situation and you must tell me how you would solve the situation. There are no wrong answers, I only want to see if somebody would say the same as me. We laughed our asses off at work while we discussed this.

Situation:

You're working as an employee making 3000$ a month, and you are the person that buys the lottery ticket for the group. You always use the same numbers and the numbers are known to every person in your group. Your group consists of 20 male adults. You have access to all their phone numbers, adresses and they're all your friend.

One day, you come home and see that your ticket hit the spot and you guys won the jackpot. A total of 10 Million US Dollars

($ 10 000 000).

If you divide it by 20 people, you each get 500k. That's not enough to live off for the rest of your life.

Here's my question:

Would you pay out or keep the money?

Remember, you could end up with a broken leg or two.. But you can buy everything you want..

:thumb:

• Content Count:  418

I'd split it. Can't live on it the rest of my life but each of us can benefit from it. Not working seems fine and all, but I can only imagine it'd be boring if you're the only one out of your group of friends not working. Playing around all day seems lazy to me. I already have a car so I could just put some of it towards a home and save the rest for when I might really need it, like college for the kids.

I dunno, I'd feel bad to screw over so many people. Even if I could live with a few broken bones, there's still a sense of guilt and morality.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  800

Since I'm the one that got it, I'd probably end up giving them each $100k

So i'll be left with my nice $8M

With that I could invest in some good stocks, college tuition, a nice house, a nice car, some charities, and giving back to my parents since they spent their time and money on me.

• Content Count:  6466

This situation is stupid. Basically you have to share it with your friends or you're an asshole, if the whole group is playing the lottery together and you just happen to buy the tickets cause you get paid the most, you are all still playing it to win and all of you agreed to give out the money evenly (including yourself). Anyone who says they would keep the money in this thread basically says they'll fuck over their "friends" any time for money.

Stupid.

• Content Count:  5063

Split it even! Karma is a bitch, could end up with cancer or some shit like that XD

Nah but seriously, split it even! If i was in their situation and my friend had kept all the money i would probably beat him to the point of no recognition! Because that is fucking cold and inhuman! I could accept that the one who bought the ticket got a little extra but there is a limit!

• Content Count:  3740

This situation is stupid. Basically you have to share it with your friends or you're an asshole, if the whole group is playing the lottery together and you just happen to buy the tickets cause you get paid the most, you are all still playing it to win and all of you agreed to give out the money evenly (including yourself). Anyone who says they would keep the money in this thread basically says they'll fuck over their "friends" any time for money.

Stupid.

Basically this. Sure 500k isn't enough to live off of but it's 500k more money that you never had, and 500k is a shit load of money considering I don't even make that much in almost 10 years.

• Content Count:  4960

If everyone paid into it, and one person trys to keep it, they will get sued.

Indeed, unless you move to a country far far far away..

Easy enough with the 10 mill.. ;)

Reply to Thread