? servers

? players online

SG's Favorite Admin Contest Summary

• Content Count:  266

Congrats to Bread and Vinyl for making it to the top 3, you deserved it. Getting #5 overall and #4 on the first poll isnt too bad, couldve done better had I known it was apparently allowed to get freshly created accounts just to get more votes but thats stooping low anyways, wouldnt wanna win with over 50% of my votes being some randies who nobody recognizes :d

That being said, Bread should win it considering sidearm only won with those randy accounts that have 0 posts and were (presumably) made just for votes, cant check it since I cant even find the accounts since they havent been active anywhere (Footfall, Sparker, Thomson123, that Ⓟⓐⓤⓛ ヅ dude). Not to mention those accounts of a few MG players that are 2-3 days old and clearly made to register just so they can vote (and the other 50% of those votes from people who have 1-10 posts and inactive as fuck, nothing wrong with that though).

Anyway, congrats to you 2, just felt like sharing my opinion on this. Should atleast deduct the votes of those accounts that were clearly made just to vote, hardly seems fair for the rest of the people on those polls, not to mention it being kind of a low thing to do. I think next year you should make the votes public all the way through, could prevent a situation like this (unlikely but worth a try).

• Like 15

• Content Count:  829

Congrats to Bread and Vinyl for making it to the top 3, you deserved it. Getting #5 overall and #4 on the first poll isnt too bad, couldve done better had I known it was apparently allowed to get freshly created accounts just to get more votes but thats stooping low anyways, wouldnt wanna win with over 50% of my votes being some randies who nobody recognizes :d

That being said, Bread should win it considering sidearm only won with those randy accounts that have 0 posts and were (presumably) made just for votes, cant check it since I cant even find the accounts since they havent been active anywhere (Footfall, Sparker, Thomson123, that Ⓟⓐⓤⓛ ヅ dude). Not to mention those accounts of a few MG players that are 2-3 days old and clearly made to register just so they can vote (and the other 50% of those votes from people who have 1-10 posts and inactive as fuck, nothing wrong with that though).

Anyway, congrats to you 2, just felt like sharing my opinion on this. Should atleast deduct the votes of those accounts that were clearly made just to vote, hardly seems fair for the rest of the people on those polls, not to mention it being kind of a low thing to do. I think next year you should make the votes public all the way through, could prevent a situation like this (unlikely but worth a try).

Who actually takes this contest seriously?

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3056

No one actually takes it seriously, however it is pretty gay no matter how you look at it when a bunch of randies who probably barely knows anyone but one person signs up just to vote, kinda ruins the purpose of the whole contest as it is "favorite admin of SG" and not "who can get most people to sign up and vote".

• Like 7

• Content Count:  4960

Ah well, we now know this for next year..

Also, this probably should be done over another time this year, with TheVirus writing a good script that doesn't rig shit and only enables people with +50 posts to be able to vote.

• Content Count:  266

Like Joe said, its not taken seriously by anybody (except maybe sidearm), but its still fairly pointless to allow people to make new accounts just so that they can go vote for somebody (atleast 2 in that last poll). And like Joe said, it does indeed kind of ruin the purpose of the whole poll. Still had fun though :3 definitely worth doing it the next year as well

Reply to Thread