? servers

? players online

Community Q&A

• Content Count:  6466

People need to like each other aswell. So then the first point of business would be the meeting with one another to see if there is a connection otherwise you shouldnt even consider it! :rolleyes: just my 2 cents!

This is pretty much true.

Zaraki your idea has merit, but it's not realistically something we should be looking for. It is far better to focus our efforts on our own progress and maintaining our own servers than attempt a start-up collaboration server with another community. Mixing two communities is nearly impossible unless both communities have been mixing before any "official" merge ever happened.

What I mean by this, is that by doing a collaboration, SG may gain players, traffic, population, and possibly revenue. However, SG loses power at the same time. We would have to work with another communities' staff in order to resolve any issues that come up, which there will be, and if we aren't on the same wavelength, that's going to be a major issue. Hellsgamers for example, they have almost no moderation of their admins. Their Admins have been known to kick people for just being better than them, force players to switch sides when they don't like dying to them, and overall abuse. This is mainly because you could (Don't know if you still can) buy admin from HG and they give it to you. Also the management over there is pretty shoddy.

This means if any of our long-time members have a problem with HG members, we can't just simply take care of the HG members like we would normally, we would have to work with HG management to fix it, and if they aren't willing to do something about their side, there's "not much we can do" if we're in a collaboration with them and relying on it to sustain ourselves. Not to mention that fact alone will make any community we approach feel like they have power over us if we ask them to help us out by co-hosting a server with us. I just don't see it turning out nicely for us in the end. We're better off looking for ideas that we are in full control of, rather than bringing in an outside community to merge or even partially merge with us.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  4960

With subscriber in place, what was the goal the higher-ups were aiming for when the idea came up? 50 dedicated subscribers (250$) shouldn't be that hard to find :)

And what's going to convince people to stay subscriber for a year or longer?

Ty!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1950

With subscriber in place, what was the goal the higher-ups were aiming for when the idea came up? 50 dedicated subscribers (250$) shouldn't be that hard to find :)

Ty!

I can't speak for higher-ups but I would say the more subs the better obviously. I believe the goal is way more than 50 and the difference between this and the other SUP benefits are continued flows of revenue and more assurance than a month to month ordeal. In an effort to keep the SUBS I would imagine once SG gets its feet on moving a little bit in terms of population there would be additional exclusive perks on every server and giveaways as mentioned in the announcement. I think the giveaways will probably increase the motivation for subscribers to continue along with the great perks offered. But all this is only going to come with an increased population.

Now that SteamGamers got another source of donations, will we see more servers for other games?

With a focus on a few select servers the higher ups and other members have a better chance to help populate the servers which can increase the awareness of SG. As a result the amount of servers may increase over time but the overall focus at the moment is trying to populate and increase the awareness of the servers that we currently maintain.

So in essence it isn't a YES but it's also not a NO. Essentially with increased donations would mean an increased population which of course may result in more servers. But at the moment we really want to focus on our current servers, especially ZE, CS:GO MG, TTT, Minecraft, etc.

• Like 1
Edited by BlackEagle

• Content Count:  6242

Ty!

I believe the 50 number was to give incentive for people to adopt this early for best value. We wanted to have a good number of people to benefit from this opportunity. While the end result number will give the community a more stable income, we felt we should be generous with this.

As we go forward we plan to implement other features, some we've already though of and have been working on but could not make it available upon release. I would like to think that the subscriber could be compared to the 'early access' to new features at SG. From here on out, subscriber is only going to get better and better.

Now that SteamGamers got another source of donations, will we see more servers for other games?

I think some clarification here is in order. Its not truly another source of donations. As you may have noticed many of the active donators are participating. These people are not double donating. What subscriber is doing is giving us a way to have a more stable income and an easier form of payment for people willing to donate on a monthly basis. As far as seeing more servers, I still believe downsizing is our current best option. Having empty servers doesn't help anything. I don't recall hearing a hard date for the downsize but I believe it is still on track to happen. That said, having the more stable income can allow us to plan in the future. If we do see the increase in income adding more servers is possible, but I believe and I think most of the higher ups believe, server population rules all. If we have consistently full servers, it tells us we may need to provide more options for our users. Just cause we have the money to spend on more stuff doesn't necessarily means we should. Server population is priority number one for us here. Its a good statistic for us to be able to see the growth and future for the community.

Sorry for the walls of text but these were two very good questions.

Reply to Thread