? servers

? players online

the real football thread

• Content Count:  794

I play rugby, I can bet I hit just as hard, if not harder than any american footballers my age/size/ability. We never back down from a tackle, we never throw the ball over the other team so that we dont have to go through them either. . .

So wait its American football players vs american rugby players, does that prove that English players don't hit as hard?

***EDIT***

So they get a crash test dummy, because american footballers wont step up to take that hit willingly mabye?

Edited by Mammal

• Content Count:  2488

I play rugby, I can bet I hit just as hard, if not harder than any american footballers my age/size/ability. We never back down from a tackle, we never throw the ball over the other team so that we dont have to go through them either. . .

So wait its American football players vs american rugby players, does that prove that English players don't hit as hard?

lol, and I though Americans were stubborn.....:rlol:

EDIT: Didn't see this got moved to the UK section, my bad. I'll let this thread be then.

Edited by raven maniac

• Content Count:  6712

Most sports aren't as physical as American football or Rugby. Football IS the worlds most popular sport, there is nothing else to it :partydance:

ANYWAY

Got England vs Croatia coming up.....................I have been put off recent England games, I think the last one I watched was us losing to Croatia.

Both sides have key injuries but you would expect us to win on paper, whether we can convert that to the pitch I don't know.

Also Carling Cup is coming up soon, Watford have a good draw against West Ham at home (exciting game to watch for me :001_smile:) and some other good ones too like Portsmouth vs Chelsea.

• Content Count:  794

The problem with england football team is as follows in my opinion;

1. They have "superstar" players for every position.

2. Those players cannot play as a good team, as they all do well on their own.

3. They need players that can pass well, and give the ball quickly to complement a max of 3 "superstar" players.

Only the backbone of the team (keeper, center back, center forward) need to be absolutley brilliant, they need players that complement their play and will do what they need at the right times. Not that want to do their own tricks and get the glory.

• Content Count:  1230

But that's just it. American football player are some of the biggest, fattest, and strongest humans on the planet. Their hits aren't the same. Rugby player however tough, don't compare. The fact that you never throw the ball over means the majority of impacts are from the front and the player isn't surprised and can brace himself. Having the ball thrown over leaves a receiver open for impact in any direction. The speed of impact doesn't compare.

I'd bet they'd be equal.

So they get a crash test dummy, because american footballers wont step up to take that hit willingly mabye?
The speed isn't the same. I don't think anyone wants to volunteer for a car crash. They'd end up like Reggie Bush.

• Content Count:  6712

You forget that all these tricksters with the football are drop out football players who couldn't make it.

You don't win a game with tricks. It might be a part of your game like Ronaldo or Robinho but there are a lot of more important aspects :thumbup1:

• Content Count:  1230

You forget that all these tricksters with the football are drop out football players who couldn't make it.

You don't win a game with tricks. It might be a part of your game like Ronaldo or Robinho but there are a lot of more important aspects :thumbup1:

Bingo! It's all about the defense and team play. Offense comes easy after that.

Reply to Thread