? servers

? players online

Jump for Freeday & New Life Rule

• Content Count:  1950

Lol... Alright let's get this over with, numbering your points as I'm on mobile and it's easier.

1- jumping for freeday is relatively new and has no direct correlation revoking free days. We all agree saying jump for freeday without it being 100% clear it's an LR is a free kill. Your issue of explaining something to new players is a non-factor as you'll always have to explain shit to people. Even regular players. This whole revoking freeday LRs has been going on since October. Not 2 months and it's not all of a sudden. The vast majority of the time with these LRs they happen at the end of the round when there's 1 or 2 Ts left. Your point of no effort to actually giving orders is also a non-factor as this is a LR after most Ts have already died. Again, this is separate from the jump for freeday next round crap.

Jump for a freeday is the whole premise behind this rule. Step 1 was remove the whole jump for a freeday without distinguishing it as an LR, step 2 was to remove, ok now that we are saying it's an LR let's remove the fact that people are using it to kill a T and thus just not giving them the whole perk behind them killing them. So it is 100% correlated.

You're right in that you have to explain shit to people but to now you have to explain stupid shit to people and try to make them understand how in the world this can even be allowed. My bad it's been going on for like 6 months, completely besides the point. My point being that this nonsense has started all of a sudden. But once again my point has to do with giving T's promises for next round orders, which you noted in your last post wasn't allowed so I am not even sure why we allow people to trick other players if that is the case.

2- Again, not a freekill. And it was very much game breaking. You would know that if you were playing at the time. Every round you had 2 or 3 Ts that would go to big cage or whatever the order was, then sit there and do nothing only to ask for a freeday next round. Then during that freeday they either got freekilled because it was impossible to keep up with which white jumpsuit had the freeday, or they just farted around and wasted 4 mins only to get an LR and ask for another freeday. We are talking about LRs, black eagle. Not regular orders. These things take place when there's a few Ts left and the round is basically over. The entire point of LRs is to speed up the end of the round.

I completely understand what we are talking about. What I am saying is if they don't want an LR they don't have to take one. That doesn't mean we just implement rules where if they don't want an LR we can trick them and kill them by saying we will give them a freeday next round when we don't have to and just kill them to speed up time. My point with the regular orders was that to avoid T's just sitting in the big cage like a bunch of Neanderthals is to just give orders that give the Ts an opportunity to rebel, thus preventing people from having to LR because they are rebelling. Sure not ever single round is going to be like this but you stated that the game was broken because people would camp, my solution was to say give orders that give opportunities to rebel. Thus solving your game breaking solution that led to this whole revoking freedays after promising T's a freeday the round before.

I'd also like to point out that these are CTs asking for these freedays to make it clear, not the T's. The CTs say hey, this will be your LR jump if you want a freeday next round and kill the person. This isn't the T waiting to be the last person to do this. In fact, I have yet in my three weeks being back and playing several hours, yet to witness a T asking for a freeday next round. It has 100% without a doubt in my mind been a CT asking the T to jump so they can kill them. That was my premise behind bringing up this whole issue. It may have not always been like that but that is exactly what this has turned into. I've seen people ask for the freeday for the current round and the CTs for some reason have no issue giving that on occasion (although some derp will scream revoked 30 times and try to conflict it).

Then you clearly don't play on our servers. There's usually 2-3 players that literally stand in soccer, or big cage or whenever the order is. Wait till the end of the round, get an LR and ask for a freeday. And 99% of the time they refuse to do another LR when rejected for having a next day freeday. That's where the whole "freeze, look at the ground, do not knife, do not crouch, do not jump" comes into play. Which is CTs giving orders, as you so kindly want to say they don't. As for the logic in revoking the freeday next round, the T asked for a freeday next round. You kill him and end the round, which is the entire point of LRs. To speed the round up. The T dies and the new day starts. That's all the logic from the CT standpoint that you need.

Unless there is another SteamGamers Prison Break Server that I have admin on I think I am playing ours. But the scenario you are throwing around continually is a direct result of what I said in my last post. I can literally recite the orders and that is how bad they are. If you want people to not just sit around and being fat like Retro then you put some damn Fitbits on them, make them move around and burn some calories instead of making them take one step out drop all the guns and then camp miles away with awps and taking away an opportunity to rebel. Hell I played yesterday everyone wanted a shot for shot after the CT screamed in his mic 20 times who wants a freeday next round and the CT denied the s4s, not the T.

I understand the logic from the CT standpoint, great. My point is that you are simply just tricking players into taking something that you damn well know they can't have and then revoking it when the CT was the one that offered it up in the first place. Then they cry about it and it makes everyone mad af and they scream. This literally causes more harm than good by speeding up a round by 30 seconds. I would say 90% of my rounds don't give LRs until the final 30 seconds anyway, when there is no time to actually do an LR so they just look for ways to sneak in a couple of extra kills.

3- believe it or not BE, more people than just you have posted about this topic and have posted across multiple threads about PB. And elite 10 is often brought up alongside blaming kill hungry CTs. And to repeat myself, yes the game breaking was happening. Which is why I started revoking those next day free days and thankfully other CTs followed suit.

Which has now led to literally every single freeday ever given to be revoked by some kid screaming NOPE REVOKED. Anyways, the rankwhore-10 has always been an issue on PB which is why I don't even bring it up. We have had rank whores on PB for years and it has always been a factor and always will be. Besides it's a PB server, I commit suicide half the rounds. You and I may not rank whore, but trust me, there are plenty in the server that only play CT for that fact.

4- IIRC the exact rule was that a CT at the end of round 1 can't say "next round all Ts go to pool". It has nothing to do with saying "hey next round I'll send you to pool". It just stops a CT from trying to give an order for the next round and risking a T not seeing it.

I guess I don't see the difference. I understand the risk of not seeing it but why even allow this little trick to be implemented even though we don't allow other next round orders? I completely understand that's not the point but if I am reading the rules as a new player and see you can't give next round orders and then someone says oh but you can have a freeday next round, I'm going to be confused af.

5- once again, getting easy kills has nothing to do with revoking the next day freeday. You are right, the point of the game is to give orders, Ts rebel, and CTs try to keep the Ts in line. But giving orders has nothing to do with the revoking of a LR freeday. As I already stated, LRs happen at the end of the round. So your whole "give orders and don't be lazy" point, is completely irrelevant. And last I checked, free days are considered lazy orders and defeat the point of the game. The Ts were not rebelling, and the game was very much broken by these people.

I hate freedays every round. I rarely give them myself. I'm not trying to rejuvenate freedays I am trying to prevent people from being tricked by this retarded rule. I explained above why giving orders correlates to having to give LRs. You give good orders --> allow T's to have a chance to rebel --> leads to T's rebelling --> no LRs need to be given! OR You make them freeze every 30 seconds for gun checks --> send them to big cage --> stand 30 miles away with an AWP --> have 5 T's left and wonder why they are still there --> have to make up retarded ways to kill them while not giving them the LRs they actually want to do.

Not to mention I have seen an increase in the amount of LRs denied in favor of trying to get the T to agree to a freeday next round.

And I saw your edit but already started this post. The CTs giving shit orders is nothing new and has nothing to do with this topic. And you are preaching to the choir. I've been working for awhile now to get CTs to give better orders and i also try to position the Ts so they have a chance to rebel. But again, that has nothing to do with Ts flat out refusing to even try to rebel, then refusing to do any LR other than freeday.

And I know you play in the servers. I'm not saying your actions alone or even at all constitute the issue. I'm relaying exactly what I see in the server, and this isn't just occasionally it's the vast majority of the rounds. I'm not the only admin that feels this way either. I really do not see the harm in all at removing this other than it may delay a round by all of 30 seconds. Yeah, sometimes it may be 2 minutes. I like to actually step away from staring at the screen so the time in between rounds is fine with me.

• Content Count:  2262

Then you clearly don't play on our servers. There's usually 2-3 players that literally stand in soccer, or big cage or whenever the order is. Wait till the end of the round, get an LR and ask for a freeday. And 99% of the time they refuse to do another LR when rejected for having a next day freeday. That's where the whole "freeze, look at the ground, do not knife, do not crouch, do not jump" comes into play. Which is CTs giving orders, as you so kindly want to say they don't. As for the logic in revoking the freeday next round, the T asked for a freeday next round. You kill him and end the round, which is the entire point of LRs. To speed the round up. The T dies and the new day starts. That's all the logic from the CT standpoint that you need.
How can you call other admins like this when i don't see you that often either? also Correction, to speed the round up, CTs often grant the freeday and revoke the next day or revoke after 1 rebels, not because they refuse; when they do refuse doing other lr, they now starting to order the T like it's simon says, like i always do.

3- believe it or not BE, more people than just you have posted about this topic and have posted across multiple threads about PB. And elite 10 is often brought up alongside blaming kill hungry CTs.

I have been there and there is always someone who is being kill hunger mush be from elite 10.

And last I checked, free days are considered lazy orders and defeat the point of the game. The Ts were not rebelling, and the game was very much broken by these people. .
Might as well just remove freeday from the server. Solved so many problem at once.

I've been working for awhile now to get CTs to give better orders and i also try to position the Ts so they have a chance to rebel. But again, that has nothing to do with Ts flat out refusing to even try to rebel, then refusing to do any LR other than freeday.

sounds like something i have been doing the whole time, doesn't work

CTs in our server always call freeday when they just going to camp somewhere at the start of the round. I always tell them no as an admin and CT because almost every round a freeday was called by CT, not requested by T.

Also, we should put new life rule in the pb as well.

Edited by BlackWhite

• Content Count:  2589

Had no intention of responding to this thread again, but I'll respond in defense of myself.

How can you call other admins like this when i don't see you that often either? also Correction, to speed the round up, CTs often grant the freeday and revoke the next day or revoke after 1 rebels, not because they refuse; when they do refuse doing other lr, they now starting to order the T like it's simon says, like i always do.

It is more of a emphasis and pointing out that the exact thing he claimed never happened, was always happening. Them refusing has nothing to do with revoking the freeday. Revoking the freeday is more-or-less because freedays are stupid, and special freedays often end in a freekill. As for my own activity, I'll admit I haven't played in about 2 weeks now. One week was due to fighting the flu, and the second week is due to working and easing myself back into things and just not really hopping on the server.

I have been there and there is always someone who is being kill hunger mush be from elite 10.

Might as well just remove freeday from the server. Solved so many problem at once.

Elite 10 has nothing to do with kill hungry CTs. Kill hungry CTs have always been apart of PB long before elite 10 showed up.

No reason to remove freedays. They are okay when used cautiously and when limited.

sounds like something i have been doing the whole time, doesn't work

CTs in our server always call freeday when they just going to camp somewhere at the start of the round. I always tell them no as an admin and CT because almost every round a freeday was called by CT, not requested by T.

Also, we should put new life rule in the pb as well.

Completely changing the way our server plays in regards to what the CTs are doing is not an easy or quick process. It took awhile for the revoking the non-stop next day freeday LRs to start happening. Only thing we can do about bad CTs that want to camp and give freedays every round, is to just keep enforcing the rules already in place of no camping unless they are helping the team, and not repeating orders. Mix that with having people play CT and give actual orders, and eventually things will slowly change.

Elite 10 has nothing to do with kill hungry CTs. Kill hungry CTs have always been apart of PB long before elite 10 showed up.

i am saying part of the elite 10 happened to be kill hungry before it was even form, and they joined that group since the requirement of it is in top 10 of our server. I am not saying the whole group but there is kill hungry players in that group.

No reason to remove freedays. They are okay when used cautiously and when limited.
Do you think those CTs will do that?

• Content Count:  2238

Just going to jump in on this conversation and remind people to keep the discussion courteous and avoid bringing personal attacks into the fray. Not that it's happening now, I don't want to see it evolve into it.

Also, @Wawa and @Nuclear Onion tagging you boys again to make you aware of the discussion happening

Fuck you, @Prez. :)

Personally I hate next day freeday LRs, because as already stated, nine times out of ten, the person that sits and waits to LR just to ask for a freeday the next day then sits the next round and waits to do the same shit over again.

Also, in general, I hate when CTs give special orders like "X has a freeday" or "X is my pet/whatever, and can follow me". These are retarded as fuck and only serve confusion when shit starts going down.

Fuck you, @Prez. :)

Personally I hate next day freeday LRs, because as already stated, nine times out of ten, the person that sits and waits to LR just to ask for a freeday the next day then sits the next round and waits to do the same shit over again.

Also, in general, I hate when CTs give special orders like "X has a freeday" or "X is my pet/whatever, and can follow me". These are retarded as fuck and only serve confusion when shit starts going down.

Or something like Freeday no X

• Content Count:  2589

There's nothing wrong with freedays. There is something wrong with giving nothing but freedays. Things like "freeday no soccer" are fine, when they aren't given 8/10 rounds. Which, is against our rules to begin with. But the topic of freedays has nothing to do with this discussion.

The initial thread that sparked this was about a CT apparently saying "jump for a freeday next round" then killing 10 people. That discussion was already answered and everyone agrees that unless it is 100% clear to the T that his LR will be jumping for a freeday next round, it is not allowed.

As of this post there is no rule about promising a T that you will give him a freeday next round for his LR. That's what is currently being discussed. To simplify it, the question of this thread is should we allow next day freeday LRs? Honestly we've been getting off topic with discussing what we each think is the cause of all this. Pure and simple, should we allow next day freeday LRs

As it currently stands in the rules, there is nothing wrong with it, nor is there anything wrong with a CT revoking it.

• Content Count:  1086

I'm not really sure how common it is, since I've never seen anyone do it, but why not just ban people from killing a T when they hit someone during an LR. You can kill them after they complete it or after they kill a CT but not during. I wasn't aware that this was a thing until ant8ters post about it and stunning saying it's allowed. Maybe it would steer people away from wanting a freeday tomorrow lr and, instead, do an actual LR like S4S, knife fight, etc?

Also since there's no wardens in this server, you can easily revoke that person from following X or X randomly giving Y a freeday. If they don't listen then shoot them. You're probably going to get called an asshole, but ¯\_(?)_/¯ who cares.

• Content Count:  1950

It's beyond me why this is still even a discussion and just not set in stone. It literally happens every single round where the CT asks the T if they want the freeday next round so they can just kill them.

I completely understand the original implementation to speed up the rounds but that is far from what this is ACTUALLY being used for NOW. It's a way for CTs to rack up kills and that's it. Apparently our solution to fix the "game breaking" of rounds was to just start tricking people into dying and now it has become common place to just eliminate T's in any sort of trickery possible rather than to just give orders.

I also don't understand why we don't allow next round orders but yet we allow CTs to use it as a trick to gain kills to speed up a round by 30 seconds, completely ass backwards.

@Wawa @Nuclear Onion can you guys maybe give some input?

Reply to Thread