? servers

? players online

Revive the youtube channel?

• Content Count:  1719

The title speaks for itself.

I'd like the youtube channel of SG (https://www.youtube.com/user/SteamGamersOfficial) to be revived.

I think it could be a cool way to promote the servers and also a fun little thing for our players to gather around whenever a video is released so we can laugh at how dumb we look when playing video games.

Just saying, if no higherups have the time or want to run a youtube channel I'd gladly take it over, revive it and work on it. I already make videos, but I think it would be cool if they were released under the name steam-gamers and not mine. I see other players like @Leon Mordecai also has made videos around the SG servers lately, and I can see the submission system maybe working again!

• Like 4
Edited by Post

• Content Count:  2954

We tried this many times in the past but just didn't work out. We didn't get enough upload requests to really have an audience around Youtube. I think you still request to have you video on the channel but we haven't had a request in 7 months. You are more than welcome to request.

• Content Count:  5063

I and many others have spent a lot of time trying to bring life to our channel. But without members making content regularly its pointless trying. And the videos have to have a certain quality too and cant use copyrighted music which have caused many videos to not be uploaded.

Much like most youtube channels we need some selected people who make videos regularly, people who are liked by the viewers that brings them back time and time again. We could have many group of friends making videos and each group could get their own "show / Series", but they really need to commit the time and have a interest to making videos for it to work.

• Content Count:  4441

I used to make TTT videos on SG for fun back in 2012 after I stopped playing Jailbreak on CSS, since then I've edited with Sony Vegas A LOT and know how to use Premiere Pro and AE very in depth. I'd be more than happy to make some content for Jailbreak with the given that I would have to show I could actually produce something that showcases how great the SG community is.

Contains DMX song Where the Hood At (could be offensive?) don't know if current forum rules allows for this, will edit if not.

I could try to produce some content for Jailbreak (and possibly others) for awhile and see if people like it.

• Content Count:  2579

I and many others have spent a lot of time trying to bring life to our channel. But without members making content regularly its pointless trying. And the videos have to have a certain quality too and cant use copyrighted music which have caused many videos to not be uploaded.

Much like most youtube channels we need some selected people who make videos regularly, people who are liked by the viewers that brings them back time and time again. We could have many group of friends making videos and each group could get their own "show / Series", but they really need to commit the time and have a interest to making videos for it to work.

I find that to be a very good idea.

We could have many games, compilations of different servers/gamemode. Frags, competitive, overwatch, rocket league, dead by daylight, etc.

The only problem I see is the administration of the said channel, idk how we can share a channel without having to send 12 minutes long uncompressed videos to eachothers..

• Content Count:  1719

Interesting, I am able to regularly make videos as I already do on my own channel. Many of my videos are SG related, and I intend to make more of them.

Only problem with making regular videos is to get the content. It takes time to build up a library of funny moments. You have to be really active and play at the right times. I don't always have time, but right now its summer vacation so I have good time. I'll probably be able to make around a video per 1-2,5 weeks when school starts depending on the amount of work...

Right now though I have all the time in the world. Currently saving clips for a new video.

people who are liked by the viewers that brings them back time and time again.

17) @Post

I'm at least decently liked I guess :bpants:

The only problem I see is the administration of the said channel, idk how we can share a channel without having to send 12 minutes long uncompressed videos to eachothers..

Upload it to your channel, link it in the form Vick provided, they download it from there and re-upload it on the community channel.

Edited by Post

Reply to Thread