? servers

? players online

PB Evaluation V2

• Content Count:  1421

By removing all deathgames you're just welcoming more CTs to give freedays. RIP DG

Wawa please sign an executive order in order for us to keep DG.

Just so you know, voluntary DG are still going to be allowed, also we have rules regarding repeating orders so if CTs are giving freedays round after round after round, call an admin.

• Content Count:  1406

I am thinking of making forced LRs allowed when there are 5 or less Ts alive. What does everyone think of this?

Being a long time pb admin, and having to deal with people delaying the round, I would say yes, EXCEPT for when the server is at a low point. After say, 8ish people then yes. Under that will cause problems (at least if it is plugin based and not just rule based. My pc is still down so I'm not sure if its a plugin or not for lr). It would definitely cut down on the round stalling/delaying.

• Content Count:  2844

This is a pleasant change. Forced LRs are good enough on their own to speed up the round and cut on the delaying T's. I like the idea of adding a clear rule about conflicting orders. This could be useful for admins when there are multiple people trying to give orders and trying to overrule one another. If it turns into a yelling race on who gets to give the order then the option is just to mute the CTs doing so.

One thing is I've always wondered is that is AFK freeze really necessary. The CTs could just tell all Ts to freeze and face a certain direction, still being able to move their mouse a little. With AFK freeze you pretty much get shot for even moving a little to reset the afk timer(on extreme cases). Personally I find AFK freeze just plain lazy and annoying and I rarely use it myself. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this. The solution would be to make AFK freeze to count as a non reasonable order.

• Content Count:  2001

This is a pleasant change. Forced LRs are good enough on their own to speed up the round and cut on the delaying T's. I like the idea of adding a clear rule about conflicting orders. This could be useful for admins when there are multiple people trying to give orders and trying to overrule one another. If it turns into a yelling race on who gets to give the order then the option is just to mute the CTs doing so.

One thing is I've always wondered is that is AFK freeze really necessary. The CTs could just tell all Ts to freeze and face a certain direction, still being able to move their mouse a little. With AFK freeze you pretty much get shot for even moving a little to reset the afk timer(on extreme cases). Personally I find AFK freeze just plain lazy and annoying and I rarely use it myself. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this. The solution would be to make AFK freeze to count as a non reasonable order.

Before caution left he said he was thinking of getting rid of AFK freeze, which I agreed with. I do think it is pretty lazy but it serves its purpose during cell checks/gun checks. If enough people feel strongly about it I will remove afk freeze entirely.

• Content Count:  1406

For now I don't plan on adding an !lr plugin but I will look into it.

I like the idea of the !lr plugin, and have tried it before on other servers. It forces people to not delay the round and keeps thing going. Also, depending on the plugin, might show people different lr's they haven't tried before.

• Content Count:  4441

Before caution left he said he was thinking of getting rid of AFK freeze, which I agreed with. I do think it is pretty lazy but it serves its purpose during cell checks/gun checks. If enough people feel strongly about it I will remove afk freeze entirely.

I'm really divided on this one to be honest.

Personally- the CTs are so garbage nowadays that getting rid of AFK Freeze might be pretty detrimental to them.

@Mad Dogg brings up a good point with this statement though

The CTs could just tell all Ts to freeze and face a certain direction, still being able to move their mouse a little

When I'm on CT AFK Freeze is very useful for short weapon checks & such.. sadly that's not the only way it gets used.

The main issue I have with AFK Freeze is that we end up standing still in front of our cells for a minute straight+ and as Mad Dogg said, you end up getting shot for trying to reset AFK timer as to not get slayed/swapped. Maybe admins just need to start giving out harsher punishments to CTs who abuse it because quite frankly they're wasting the entire servers time & ruining the game mode for people.

Taking it away might be the route to go, but we have to acknowledge we're taking a tool away from the CT's and that it's removal may hurt the equilibrium of the server a bit.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.