? servers

? players online

Microphone

• Content Count:  1403

I have noticed and been told multiple times that my microphone quality is bad, I've tried playing with the setting but can't figure out what is wrong with it. I don't have a cheap headset either, I have the Astro a40s which cost $150 or $250 with the mixamp (which I don't have) that being said I was planning on either buying a completely separate microphone to talk from otherwise if someone could help me with my microphone issue.

Edit: ill just add that it sounds like a huge fan is blowing into my mic when I talk and it isn't my breathing because even when I am completely silent it still occurs.

If there is no resolution for my microphone please post some links on good quality microphones for computers priced at the most $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Four

• Content Count:  1592

My guess would be signal interferences, due to poor shielding on the motherboard, you could try using a different port or it could be some issues with the headset itself.

As for $50 mics - Blue Snowball iCE is my best suggestion ($49 on amazon)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1385

@Four

I had a 5 eur microphone and it was completely fine.

Headset mics tend to break very often, which is why I get headsets that don't have them. They're useless.

Get something like canyon cnr-mic02n which costs 5-6$ and try it out. You could probably literally go to any tech store and get them too. I used a similar one (was even cheaper) and it was great. Thing took a lot of pain and coffee too (whops) and lasted me a couple of years.

Honestly, I just don't see a reason to get something better, unless you do video's or something.

• Like 1
Edited by Vy

• Content Count:  101

I'll be honest, I tend to find the cheaper microphones are better quality then the more expensive gaming ones.

I never get any complaint about my mic. My current mic is an $8 Audio-Technicac ATR4650 and my previous one was a $5 Zalman ZM-Mic1. I haven't used onboard sound for years though. I would just transplant my soundcard from 1 Pc to another, but with my previous build not having room (mITX) i switched to a USB soundcard so it might be that and the lack of interference.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1193

I have the A-50 Xbox one edition and haven't heard any negative feedback on PC, although people used to always talk about how shit it sounded when I used them on Xbox 360 (Still not positive, but might have been because I had to use an adapter to transmit my voice since it was a different console.).

I've been playing with you fairly often over the past few days and haven't even noticed it. I'll try to see if I notice any difference but if you do decide you want a new microphone, then I second @Punky 's idea to get a blue snowball. They're great for the price. Plus on the upside, you'd still be able to use your A-40s as a headset along with the blue snowball as a microphone.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

Not sure about your problems but I suggest an independent microphone and independent headset. Personally I use a Blue Yeti & a Sennheiser separately because its cost efficient to not have to buy $80 worth of garbage every year to replace broken pieces of shit.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  701

Could be an issue with your sound settings. I believe there's a way to set the sensitivity / pick up thresh hold to be lower so it's just limited to your voice input.

As a side note, HyperX Cloud 2's have been pretty good for me besides occasionally going to shit. Although I still don't really know how good they actually are since I never turned voice_loopback on (or whatever the command is). if my mics shit too would appreciate somebody letting me know. Got them for like 75? they were on sale.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1612

For $50, The Blue company Snowball is fantastic, I used it for a while, and for the price, it's versatile, and well made.

Assuming your looking for just a mic, and not a headset.

I used it in my early streams years ago, and it didn't let me down.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread