? servers

? players online

When the order "Crouch walk to x location" should no jumping already be implied?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. When the order "Crouch walk to x location" should no jumping already be implied?

Should "no jumping" be implied when given an order?

• Content Count:  1403

Seriously @All Ts you must've overlooked the posts by @Bubblez & @ExRev. Towards the end of the discussion I found this post

Could we make a poll on this?
by another administrator questioning to make a poll on this matter. That is the only reason why I did it. Wavy was on the side for getting this rule implemented as well but had a change in thought. IMO I wouldn't mind it going either way, I was more doing this for the people on both sides of the argument.

• Content Count:  4441

Seriously @All Ts you must've overlooked the posts by @Bubblez & @ExRev. Towards the end of the discussion I found this post by another administrator questioning to make a poll on this matter. That is the only reason why I did it. Wavy was on the side for getting this rule implemented as well but had a change in thought. IMO I wouldn't mind it going either way, I was more doing this for the people on both sides of the argument.

I read all of the posts on that thread which I why I think it's so meaningless to make an entire new thread about it.

In most cases no one is going to look at the raw numbers in a poll & decide what happens in regards to a change in rules. A large discussion happened last thread where everything & anything that could be said was said.

It was pretty obvious to me last thread which argument made more sense and that's with the given that again.. its such a meaningless change that adds an unnecessary rule.

Want me to draw it out for you?

Why don't we make getting on the boxes in big cage implied?

Why don't we make no ladders implied?

Why don't we make it implied to not be on any catwalk (regardless if they're near armory) at all?

All of them are changes that in the right situation, on the right map would help CTs stay alive, all of those orders are used nearly every map- all of the time, but another thing it would do is create an unnecessary rule that people would brush over easily hence causing issues and problems.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts
grammar ecksdee

• Content Count:  1193

I read all of the posts on that thread which I why I think it's so meaningless to make an entire new thread about it.

In most cases no one is going to look at the raw numbers in a poll & decide what happens in regards to a change in rules. A large discussion happened last thread where everything & anything that could be said was said.

I don't see how raw numbers are an issue whatsoever. The last thread was a bit scattered if that makes sense. People went both ways with opinions so this could clear it up.

It was pretty obvious to me last thread which argument made more sense and that's with the given that again.. its such a meaningless change that adds an unnecessary rule.

Want me to draw it out for you?

here we go

Why don't we make getting on the boxes in big cage implied?

unnecessary

Why don't we make no ladders implied?

unnecessary

Why don't we make it implied to not be on any catwalk (regardless if they're near armory) at all?

unnecessary

All of them are changes that in the right situation, on the right map would help CTs stay alive, all of those orders are used nearly every map- all of the time, but another thing it would do is create an unnecessary rule that people would brush over easily, cause issues and problems.

Every single time the crouch walk/shift walk order is given, CTs say No Jumping and if they don't say it and see multiple people start doing it, then they say no jumping. You don't even have to play on the server for 10 minutes to soon realize this. If this became implied then all the people that don't hear no jumping would quit freaking out after they get shot for it and demand medic. I can't even think of how many times this happens on the server every single day.

And about the new players skipping over the no jumping implied rule - They get one warning shot, ask why they were shot, are told why and boom, problem solved.

Going to just say the exact same thing as last time. It depends on the wording of the order.

If the CT says 'All Ts Crouch to pool", then no jumping wouldn't be implied because you can jump and still be crouched.

If the order is "All Ts crouch walk to pool" then it would be implied because if you jump, you are no longer walking.

It's quite simple to be honest, no need to over complicate this.

I 100% agree with this.

• Like 1

Every single time the crouch walk/shift walk order is given, CTs say No Jumping and if they don't say it and see multiple people start doing it, then they say no jumping. You don't even have to play on the server for 10 minutes to soon realize this. If this became implied then all the people that don't hear no jumping would quit freaking out after they get shot for it and demand medic. I can't even think of how many times this happens on the server every single day.

And about the new players skipping over the no jumping implied rule - They get one warning shot, ask why they were shot, are told why and boom, problem solved.

I 100% agree with this.

I think you may have missed the point of all the questions I asked, they were purposefully unnecessary just as in my opinion the idea about implied no jumping is.

I believe you have way too much faith in our players & admins as far as rules are concerned considering how many issues I've witnessed where admins cannot understand rules they're supposed to be enforcing. I definitely don't think changing anything like this is particularly a good idea- we expected the same thing when we added Forced Deathgames and guess what happened?

People bitched, people didn't follow the new overly complicated rules and ultimately we came to the conclusion that tacking on extra stipulations would simply lead to more problems & more misunderstanding.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1193

I think you may have missed the point of all the questions I asked, they were purposefully unnecessary just as in my opinion the idea about implied no jumping is.

I believe you have way too much faith in our players & admins as far as rules are concerned considering how many issues I've witnessed where admins cannot understand rules they're supposed to be enforcing. I definitely don't think changing anything like this is particularly a good idea- we expected the same thing when we added Forced Deathgames and guess what happened?

People bitched, people didn't follow the new overly complicated rules and ultimately we came to the conclusion that tacking on extra stipulations would simply lead to more problems & more misunderstanding.

Deathgames and adding a no jumping rule to crouch/shift walking are completely different scenarios, but your point is understood.

Honestly unless we are dealing with people that haven't made it into the first grade, I do not see how No Jumping on crouch/shift walk orders is hard to understand?

Sure it isn't a huge issue (if an issue at all), obviously, but I don't think it would blow up in everyone's face like deathgames did. The way you're making it seem kinda sounds like that's what you're worried about..

Deathgames and adding a no jumping rule to crouch/shift walking are completely different scenarios, but your point is understood.

Honestly unless we are dealing with people that haven't made it into the first grade, I do not see how No Jumping on crouch/shift walk orders is hard to understand?

Sure it isn't a huge issue (if an issue at all), obviously, but I don't think it would blow up in everyone's face like deathgames did. The way you're making it seem kinda sounds like that's what you're worried about..

Sadly some of the 18+ people who play on our servers (even some of our regular people with tons of hours) have the reading comprehension of a Kindergartner.

I'll agree to disagree though.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2238

My point in the other thread, was not really so much on whether things should be implied or not. But that it should simply be "Follow. The. Fucking. Order."

Once again, for everyone that likes to keep passing on by: Follow. *clap* The. *clap* Fucking. *clap* Order. *clap clap fuckity clap*

seriously. I don't give a shit if you can jump while still crouching. Orders were crouch to pool, not crouch jump. Therefore, jumping is not what the order included and you can be warning shot for it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1621

It should be implied, but it won't be because it's hard for people to learn new rules (:>). If you tell someone to crouch and they are jumping, it removes crouching from the equation, even though yes you can jump while crouched. The reason I will say no is, because all that will come from this is disputes lasting entire maps.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

My point in the other thread, was not really so much on whether things should be implied or not. But that it should simply be "Follow. The. Fucking. Order."

Once again, for everyone that likes to keep passing on by: Follow. *clap* The. *clap* Fucking. *clap* Order. *clap clap fuckity clap*

seriously. I don't give a shit if you can jump while still crouching. Orders were crouch to pool, not crouch jump. Therefore, jumping is not what the order included and you can be warning shot for it.

This. 100 Times over.

Most of us to not care if you are still crouching while jumping, if we said crouch walk to pool, you do that and nothing else.

If we say crouch walk to pool however you can jump, sure.

Simple solution if its implied is to have the server have pop ups in chat.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.