? servers

? players online

pc upgrade help!?

• Content Count:  120

First off I have a budget of $800-1000ish

Specs of current pc:

. Windows 10

. Intel® Core™ i5-6500 @ 3.20Ghz

. HyperX FURY 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX316C10F/8

. ASRock B150M-HDS LGA 1151 Intel B150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

. EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC), 06G-P4-6267-KR

. 250GB cloud9 SSD, 1TB HHD, and alot of other 2 tb drives

. CORSAIR RMx Series RM550X 550W 80 PLUS GOLD Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire Ready Power Supply

I Just recently upgraded from an ass pc that got around 30 frames in cs to this ^ above. Im in love with the results I got 300+ frames in csgo. But on the other hand I started playing more beefy games like PlayerUnkownBattlegrounds and Gmod Military RP in which i get 40-80 in Pubg and 20-40 in Gmod RP. I would like recommendations on things i could upgrade on this pc to run these games smooth!

Thanks for any help!:toung:

Edited by Ugly God

• Content Count:  2206

First off I have a budget of $800-1000ish

Specs of current pc:

. Windows 10

. Intel® Core™ i5-6500 @ 3.20Ghz

. HyperX FURY 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX316C10F/8

. ASRock B150M-HDS LGA 1151 Intel B150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

. EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC), 06G-P4-6267-KR

. 250GB cloud9 SSD, 1TB HHD, and alot of other 2 tb drives

. CORSAIR RMx Series RM550X 550W 80 PLUS GOLD Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire Ready Power Supply

I Just recently upgraded from an ass pc that got around 30 frames in cs to this ^ above. Im in love with the results I got 300+ frames in csgo. But on the other hand I started playing more beefy games like PlayerUnkownBattlegrounds and Gmod Military RP in which i get 40-80 in Pubg and 20-40 in Gmod RP. I would like recommendations on things i could upgrade on this pc to run these games smooth!

Thanks for any help!:toung:

I don't even see a reason to upgrade anything. Your specs are better then mine and your getting more frames in PubG which is easily more graphics intensive than Gmod in every way so it makes me think something else is wrong. At the most I would upgrade your cpu and ram if even that. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see a reason to upgrade.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2695

As Fuze said, there isn't a problem with this build. 40-80 fps in PUBG is actually really good considering how badly optimized it is. 20-40 FPS in Gmod is normal aswell, eciD has an i7 3770K and a 1080 and he is lucky to get 40 fps in Gmod. Get another 8 GB of RAM?

• Like 1

I don't even see a reason to upgrade anything. Your specs are better then mine and your getting more frames in PubG which is easily more graphics intensive than Gmod in every way so it makes me think something else is wrong. At the most I would upgrade your cpu and ram if even that. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see a reason to upgrade.

I get constant lag spikes and fps dips in gmod, and I see streamers get way better frames on the best settings. Just wondering if there was a weak spot in my build. Should I upgrade my video card to the 1080 and a better proccesor? like an i7.

• Content Count:  2206

I get constant lag spikes and fps dips in gmod, and I see streamers get way better frames on the best settings. Just wondering if there was a weak spot in my build. Should I upgrade my video card to the 1080 and a better proccesor? like an i7.

Its not that there is necessarily a weak spot in the build, I would say if anything, and that is a big if, I would say your CPU might be bottlenecking your video card. Not too sure on that.

If you were gonna upgrade I'd recommend this https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Skylake-Desktop-Processor-BX80662I56600K/dp/B012M8M7TY/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B99RMK8CXTG2KGPGAKC5 for CPU

Its unlocked so you have the ability to overclock and if your motherboard supports turbo boost you can just go into BIOS and click enable turbo boost and it will automatically overclock your CPU to 4.0 ghz but if you know what your doing and have a good aftermarket fan with that CPU you can probably push it to 4.3 or 4.4 stable.

As for ram if you are running one single stick of 8 gb ram i would say buy another identical stick and add that so you can take advantage of dual-channeling.

EDIT: I would wait for someone else to get a second opinion, they might have a better deal or a better alternative for you.

• Content Count:  5379

literally no reason to upgrade from a i5-6500 at this point in time if you're just using your rig for gaming. not even a 1080ti will bottleneck it.

Your system is definitely in need of a ram upgrade though. try looking for either a single 16GB stick clocked higher than DDR4-2100 so that you can just pop another in down the road if you feel like you need 32GB or go with the much more common 2x8 at the same clock speed. the games you said you like to play are games that devour ram so the faster/more the easier it will make it on your system.

1060 should be decent enough for the time being if you're on 1920x1080 but if you have anything better than that you should consider upgrading. 1070 kills 1080p and is decent for 1440p, 1080 kills 1440p and is decent at 4k, 1080ti is 60 fps in 4k for most games.

anyways, just my 2 cents.

• Like 3
Edited by idealist

literally no reason to upgrade from a i5-6500 at this point in time if you're just using your rig for gaming. not even a 1080ti will bottleneck it.

Your system is definitely in need of a ram upgrade though. try looking for either a single 16GB stick clocked higher than DDR4-2100 so that you can just pop another in down the road if you feel like you need 32GB or go with the much more common 2x8 at the same clock speed. the games you said you like to play are games that devour ram so the faster/more the easier it will make it on your system.

1060 should be decent enough for the time being if you're on 1920x1080 but if you have anything better than that you should consider upgrading. 1070 kills 1080p and is decent for 1440p, 1080 kills 1440p and is decent at 4k, 1080ti is 60 fps in 4k for most games.

anyways, just my 2 cents.

So RAM is def on my list! Thanks for that! Im looking to upgrade my monitor to a 144hz one, so would you rec upgrading my card to get full use of dah power? Im kinda new to this so idk much.

Thanks again

• Content Count:  562

im on the same page as delirium, no need to upgrade anything besides the RAM.

If you upgrade ur monitor to 144Hz it won't really be nessisary to upgrade the GPU unless you plan to play GPU heavy games on high resolution and ultra settings. the 1060 itself is a beast

• Content Count:  1621

RAM is the only thing that you would need to upgrade, as others have said. I don't think they have even optimized PUBG yet, so need to get that worried. For Gmod and PUBG, I would recommend playing around with the in-game graphics, if you are that worried about it.

Reply to Thread