? servers

? players online

PC Upgrade

• Content Count:  2947

My Current PC is unable to play PUBG, and looking to upgrade to ill be able to run it, but not on minimum.

This is currently what I thought I should choose.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/matt16/saved/nDFMnQ

This is my current PC setup.

loA9XYk.png

All thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. Still not 100% how good PUBG will run on the proposed setup as canyourunit says that my current CPU and GPU cannot handle the game.

No real price limit, but nothing ridiculous in price. I guess theres and option to change my motherborad (which I dont know if its even worth it).

Anyway, thanks in advance.

• Content Count:  4441

I'm going to edit this thread with a better build when I get home, however looking at the parts you've put together if your intent on going AMD I would go with the new Ryzen CPU and ddr4 ram.

Also, a GTX 750 is pretty behind the times you're going to have to upgrade that again in a year or two. You're better off spending the extra dough on at least a 960 or above.

Lastly, if you only want 8 gigs of ram get 2 4 gb sticks so you can take advantage of dual channeling them. Or add another 8gb.

This guy can't read.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1070

This is $160 more than the list you posted but I definitely think you should stay away from the old AMD CPUs. I don't know how hard or soft your budget is but I think the increase in cost is worth the higher performance you will get.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($213.25 @ shopRBC)

Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($95.00 @ Vuugo)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 4GB Gaming 4G Video Card ($274.75 @ Vuugo)

Case: Corsair - SPEC-01 ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $0.00)

Power Supply: Corsair - CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Total: $662.99

• Content Count:  2206

This is $160 more than the list you posted but I definitely think you should stay away from the old AMD CPUs. I don't know how hard or soft your budget is but I think the increase in cost is worth the higher performance you will get.

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Power Supply: Corsair - CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

He's autistic too! Welcome to the team! @Eskomo

• Content Count:  1740

Do you plan on keeping some parts for your new build? That way you can save money which can go towards better parts.

You could re-use your case, PSU, HDD and that's about it. So you'd only need a new CPU, mobo, RAM, SSD and GPU.

The only great AMD socket is the recent AM4 Ryzen. All the others are too old and too shitty for a CPU intensive and unoptimized game.

The parts you're choosing is not really an upgrade, more like a side-grade. As you're getting another FM2 system, which is barely an upgrade.

If you get these parts you would be able to run PUBG on High to Ultra settings. As I don't own the game, so I have no idea how unoptimized it is.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NVh9d6

• Content Count:  2668

Pretty much what I recommended you to go for, minus the RX 580.

Do you plan on keeping some parts for your new build? That way you can save money which can go towards better parts.

You could re-use your case, PSU, HDD and that's about it. So you'd only need a new CPU, mobo, RAM, SSD and GPU.

The only great AMD socket is the recent AM4 Ryzen. All the others are too old and too shitty for a CPU intensive and unoptimized game.

The parts you're choosing is not really an upgrade, more like a side-grade. As you're getting another FM2 system, which is barely an upgrade.

If you get these parts you would be able to run PUBG on High to Ultra settings. As I don't own the game, so I have no idea how unoptimized it is.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NVh9d6

Same set-up minus the SSD and 1060. I still recommend the 1060, as it gives me no troubles and out performs the 580 in all but texture detail. I'm not sure about the other 10 series cards, but the 10 series cards with ACX 3.0 had some issues so there is a thermal backing plate that is offered (not sure if it still is or if the problem was fixed for newer manufactured cards). It also has 6gb vram compared to 4gb. If you like or use anti-aliasing, I would go with the 6gb since most games will use under or equal to 4gb, with AA jumping it that.

Same set-up minus the SSD and 1060. I still recommend the 1060, as it gives me no troubles and out performs the 580 in all but texture detail. I'm not sure about the other 10 series cards, but the 10 series cards with ACX 3.0 had some issues so there is a thermal backing plate that is offered (not sure if it still is or if the problem was fixed for newer manufactured cards). It also has 6gb vram compared to 4gb. If you like or use anti-aliasing, I would go with the 6gb since most games will use under or equal to 4gb, with AA jumping it that.

The 10-series cards with ACX3.0 have one of the best cooling ever. Just cuz 1 guy mistreated his GPU and overclocked it to shit, doesn't mean any other card will do the same.

It wasn't a Thermal backing plate, just some extra thermal pads to add to the GPU, to keep the VRM's from overheating, which weren't really necessary if you had a good airflow and custom fanprofile set up.

It was blown way out of proportion. I have an EVGA GTX1070 SC and I didn't even had the thermal pad mod before and my card never went over 58°C with the aircooler, nor did the VRM's and such ever overheat.

The RX 580 8GB is actually a better choice, as it performs better in most recent games. But seeing as they're not available anywhere, he has no other option than to go with a GTX1060 6GB.

• Content Count:  2668

The 10-series cards with ACX3.0 have one of the best cooling ever. Just cuz 1 guy mistreated his GPU and overclocked it to shit, doesn't mean any other card will do the same.

It wasn't a Thermal backing plate, just some extra thermal pads to add to the GPU, to keep the VRM's from overheating, which weren't really necessary if you had a good airflow and custom fanprofile set up.

It was blown way out of proportion. I have an EVGA GTX1070 SC and I didn't even had the thermal pad mod before and my card never went over 58°C with the aircooler, nor did the VRM's and such ever overheat.

The RX 580 8GB is actually a better choice, as it performs better in most recent games. But seeing as they're not available anywhere, he has no other option than to go with a GTX1060 6GB.

I was sent a metal backing plate with thermal pads attached. I haven't used it either since I have no issues. I was unaware of the 580 of being a 8GB too lol. There isn't MUCH difference between the cards, so I assume each perform better in different aspects.

I was sent a metal backing plate with thermal pads attached. I haven't used it either since I have no issues. I was unaware of the 580 of being a 8GB too lol. There isn't MUCH difference between the cards, so I assume each perform better in different aspects.

I only got some thermal pads for mine. I applied them as I put a waterblock on mine.

Yes there are 2 versions, 4GB and 8GB. Some games are nvidia optimized and others AMD.

The RX580 performs better in DX12 than the GTX1060 6GB. As AMD is still releasing optimization drivers for their RX 400/500 series, they will only get better.

Reply to Thread