? servers

? players online

Sounds stupid, but actually makes sense and also a legit question.

• Content Count:  484

So I was listening to the radio and I thought, huh, if I request a song with a racial slur is it still considered racism and could I be punished for it? So uh it sounds like a dumb question but I'm actually wondering.

• Content Count:  415

Seriously... It's the radio. You can request and send shoutout to whoever you want. The DJ decides what songs he puts and we just give him suggestions. It's not like the guy is saying it in our servers. It's a song, not much we can do there and if we do ban people for this, its pushing it pretty far. So No its not bad thing.

If the question sounds stupid to you, it has high chances of being stupid for us. So instead of making a thread for it, you can maybe ask one person this question just to make sure it's not 100% bad and might be worthy of asking the entire community.

Like Pickle said, you guys have to stop with the questions that you know the answer already. This question is like, if I'm listening to a racist song in the background, can I get banned for that

What is the question thread even used for anymore

Also simple answer to your question after my rant. No you can't get punished

• Like 1
Edited by Akumu

• Content Count:  2668

Seriously... It's the radio. You can request and send shoutout to whoever you want. The DJ decides what songs he puts and we just give him suggestions. It's not like the guy is saying it in our servers. It's a song, not much we can do there and if we do ban people for this, its pushing it pretty far. So No its not bad thing.

If the question sounds stupid to you, it has high chances of being stupid for us. So instead of making a thread for it, you can maybe ask one person this question just to make sure it's not 100% bad and might be worthy of asking the entire community.

Like Pickle said, you guys have to stop with the questions that you know the answer already. This question is like, if I'm listening to a racist song in the background, can I get banned for that

What is the question thread even used for anymore

Also simple answer to your question after my rant. No you can't get punished

I think he means if he does !request [racial slur title] in chat, would he be punished.

• Content Count:  4441

Let me before writing this state that I will always enforce the rules here at Steam-Gamers and my personal opinion about this does not reflect how I administrate within our servers. This post is a prime example of why I find our rules against Racism as ridiculous and completely overzealous.

Let me explain

Back in 2011-2012 I posted a TTT video on the forums containing a

and it got removed off the site for racism, to which I at the age of 13 was like "what the fuck, its just a song". Fast forward to 2017 and we still have this problem where even the slightest even possible racist term, slur, or mention of racial supremacy is met with the force of a thousand suns. People are banning off of things like "Nigerian King" and getting uptight about someone saying "sorry I wrote this like a fuckin monkey" because overall our environment about racism has been taken way too far. I'm on our servers constantly (check if you don't believe me) and it's ridiculous the amount of times I see someone say "yo nigga u freeshot me" only to get called a racist by everyone, being offended by that charge as any normal person would be, saying "nigga isn't racist", then getting kicked to never return. I completely understand the reason why we have the rules regarding racism, but the fact that we have players who are legitimately afraid to request a song with slang lyrics does not reflect this being a stupid question, it reflects on our staff & player base creating an environment where we immediately respond to situations with outrage & with admin powers rather than with calm explanation and respect.

Anyway, I just think it needed to be said that this isn't a ridiculous question, and even if it is I think that looking at the OP is really scapegoating the extremely sensitive and impulsive environment SG has been building itself up to.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  415

I think he means if he does !request [racial slur title] in chat, would he be punished.

He said the lyrics were racist. So i thought he meant about the song and not the !request

Also to sum up what All ts said. You can do it, there's isn't really a problem. But it will trigger some people like always.

• Like 2
Edited by Akumu

• Content Count:  418

If you mean using !request, to avoid it showing in chat, just use /request instead so it doesn't show up in chat.

If lyrics are the problem, I've heard lots of songs on the radio with racial slurs. I think it's up to who ever is the DJ at the time.

Reply to Thread