? players online

Should I apply for admin?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should I apply for admin?

• Yes
    • No

Should I apply for admin?

• Content Count:  122

I know most of you guys (and girls) have bad rep for me, even though I mean no harm to anyone. I believe I've been on the sever long enough to be eligible for an admin application, so now I'm questioning whether I should or not.

I wouldn't abuse powers, because first of all, that would be a waste of time, and I wouldn't get anything out of it. I'm not a bad person to do some stupid crap like that.

I'm just worried about what people think of me. Most of you hate me (or bad rep me as I mentioned before), but whether you hate me or not, you are all family to me. I'm on SG servers almost all day everyday, I enjoy my time, even though I get hit with things like TTT's hit reg and RDMers, but everyone who is a part of this community, I consider family.

Since I'm on a lot and quite often, I could be doing the admin job when there are no admins on, because there's been many times where it's a massacre on TTT and there's nothing you can do other than revenge RDM, which is against the rules...recording a demo will take a while and will not stop them that fast, so it's best to just be on as an admin to give instant punishment. I'm not new to this job, obviously you don't ban someone just because they killed you or broke any rule, unless the rule is huge.

Anyways, I'm sorry to anyone who has bad rep for me, I didn't mean to make you dislike me because that's not my goal.

Either way, thank you for reading, and take a vote if you'd like.

• Content Count:  80

Hey WolfArmyGod, you seem like an amazing guy and I would like to get to know you better. I would like to give you a few tips though. Try to get on different servers, not just TTT. I've been on the ZE and JB servers for 3 years now, and this is the first time I've heard of you. If you're going to apply for admin, you should try and bust your ass to get on as many servers as you can and get your name out there in the community. From experience (with my old SG account), admin is not something that the Board of Directors just give out easily, and is very hard to earn. With that, I hope you can earn admin in the near future! Good luck on your quest.

Most sincerely,

Bishop

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

You're already one of our best regulars so it's just about going a bit further. I think you could wait a month or two, but posting an application now could yield you some honest opinions that you won't get on this thread. As someone who's administrated PB & TTT for the past 4 weeks with only a few admins on here or there I could honestly tell you that if you're looking to get this position for any other reason besides helping out that you're going to be extremely disappointed.

Here are some good ways for you to make the leap from regular to server admin.

1. Make more forum posts as most of yours are quality.

2. Become well versed in the rules.

3. Come on TS to play games and show people who you are.

4. Make good suggestions.

5. Make player complaints.

6. Be vocal on the servers, but don't be a cocksucker to the point where you're yelling rules to players or freaking out over someone being slightly racist.

Be sure to review @Leon Mordecai's guide thread here, most of it is pretty useful when posting an application.

I look forward to seeing you apply, if you have any specific questions you have me on Steam so just hit me up.

• Like 1

The lack of confidence in your own decision making abilities (this thread) is already a red flag.

Make a real app and even if you get rejected you will get useful feedback on how to improve yourself.

Well, I just want opinions, and tips I guess. I don't want to become an Admin if the people do not want me to.

Hey WolfArmyGod, you seem like an amazing guy and I would like to get to know you better. I would like to give you a few tips though. Try to get on different servers, not just TTT. I've been on the ZE and JB servers for 3 years now, and this is the first time I've heard of you. If you're going to apply for admin, you should try and bust your ass to get on as many servers as you can and get your name out there in the community. From experience (with my old SG account), admin is not something that the Board of Directors just give out easily, and is very hard to earn. With that, I hope you can earn admin in the near future! Good luck on your quest.

Most sincerely,

Bishop

Yeah I'll start playing on the other ones more often, I mainly only do TTT and JB. I know Admin is a hard role to earn, but I just need to know if people want me to take this role or not. I don't want to be an Admin if no one likes it.

• Like 1

You're already one of our best regulars so it's just about going a bit further. I think you could wait a month or two, but posting an application now could yield you some honest opinions that you won't get on this thread. As someone who's administrated PB & TTT for the past 4 weeks with only a few admins on here or there I could honestly tell you that if you're looking to get this position for any other reason besides helping out that you're going to be extremely disappointed.

Here are some good ways for you to make the leap from regular to server admin.

1. Make more forum posts as most of yours are quality.

2. Become well versed in the rules.

3. Come on TS to play games and show people who you are.

4. Make good suggestions.

5. Make player complaints.

6. Be vocal on the servers, but don't be a cocksucker to the point where you're yelling rules to players or freaking out over someone being slightly racist.

Be sure to review @Leon Mordecai's guide thread here, most of it is pretty useful when posting an application.

I look forward to seeing you apply, if you have any specific questions you have me on Steam so just hit me up.

I didn't quite understand the part where you said I'd be disappointed, do you mean like, if I wanted "Power"? I just want to help the community, ban rule breakers, be more active, make everyone have a fun time, give suggestions and improve SG, and so on.

• Content Count:  8756

Threads like this are never a good idea. If you want to apply for admin, go and do it - you'll find out what people think of you there. If you feel the need to make one of these threads, it raises a question of confidence in many who you may be seeking approval from. Trust me.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread