? servers

? players online

The Ultimate Build!

• Content Count:  175

I agree with chaoz on all the build parts because the need for xp's aren't their unless you are doing heavy rendering and CPU intensive tasks but as the water cooling goes I don't know what path to go, but can I ask how much does the case-desk cost I couldn't find it. @Caution

• Content Count:  2668

I agree with chaoz on all the build parts because the need for xp's aren't their unless you are doing heavy rendering and CPU intensive tasks but as the water cooling goes I don't know what path to go, but can I ask how much does the case-desk cost I couldn't find it. @Caution

$2k

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112560&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases+%28Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form%29-_-N82E16811112560&gclid=CJb0sdOEg9UCFdG1wAodQP8NIw&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Content Count:  11501

Now that I think about it - I may wait until Black Friday to start ordering parts. I know that's a ways away, but it may be the smartest option to save some money.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  175

Now that I think about it - I may wait until Black Friday to start ordering parts. I know that's a ways away, but it may be the smartest option to save some money.

I wouldn't blame you

• Content Count:  1083

Acer's new upcoming monitor, the Predator X27 is supposed to be the god of monitors supporting 4k, 144hz and g-sync (though it probably is going to cost like $2k lul). Unfortunately however, it has no release date as of now so if by the time you have your computer and there still isn't a release date, I would say the ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR is an excellent choice: 2k @144hz (overclockable to 165hz) 1ms g-sync monitor. Both of these monitors are 27" BTW. Anothern solid 2k 144hz monitor would be the Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz and has a bit more of a "gaming look" to it if you care about that. However this monitor does not overclock to 165hz and is a bit more expensive. The ROG Swift also has about 500 more reviews but with a 4.0 rating on Amazon unlike the Predator @ 4.2. Personally I would go with the Asus monitor if I had to choose between the two, but I'm just trying to give you some choices to look at.

Note: I have not Personally tried any of these monitors for myself.

As for the RAM, 64gb is a bit unnecessary as you could save like $300-400 going with 4x8 (which is plenty) instead of 4x16 (@ 3600 MHz) lol. Moving onto storage, what are you looking for? I'm assuming you will want some ssd space, but are you wanting to go with a single ssd + massive HDD or would you rather run ONLY SSD? With how overkill your system is going to be, why not run a few

, lmao...

Last thing, you should include the motherboard in your list

Edited by FLuiD

• Content Count:  66

Desk PC is nice. Though why not go for an exotic mineral oil build?

If fan noise is of concern you could always go full diy and make a very low powered active cooling solution

I've always wanted to try the latter but I never have the resources or the time to make one. Maybe after I graduate I'll try :^)

Reply to Thread