? servers

? players online

SG Roleplay Server?

• Content Count:  4441

I hosted an Arma 3 server not too long ago for SG peeps, wouldn't mind doing it again if there was enough interest. It only lasted a few months, as a lot of newer gamemodes fizzle out as the hype dies, but it was fun. The only problem is maintaining interest, and finding players who have a machine decent enough to play Arma.

Admin Zeus access would be a priority.

Big difference between something like what you ran (pretty much a mission server) and an actual full-fledged RP server for ArmA 3.

• Content Count:  192

I Really Hope Something Like SG ROLEPLAY could be made into like a server in either csgo or Gta V. I bought Arma 3 Specifically to play Roleplay as i seen in many youtube videos and then figured out it was much harder to play. Had to get money which was a long process, So I would love to see something like that be put in either CSGO or GTA. I don't want it put into Arma unless The gamers want it :)

• Content Count:  1612

Big difference between something like what you ran (pretty much a mission server) and an actual full-fledged RP server for ArmA 3.

Not necessarily, the elements would be easier to set up and execute, the difficulty would lie within the playerbase and how they interacted on the server. The server had the ability to create missions based on the hosts preferences. That same system could easily be modified to include static and randomized npc encounters during gameplay.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  4441

Not necessarily, the elements would be easier to set up and execute, the difficulty would lie within the playerbase and how they interacted on the server. The server had the ability to create missions based on the hosts preferences. That same system could easily be modified to include static and randomized npc encounters during gameplay.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This post is very, very not true in any aspect or accurate to what we're discussing.

I don't know how many ArmA 3 Roleplay servers you've played/managed but a lot of them require custom mods, lots of tinkering with properties and configs and most likely some kind of person with a development background to fix your every bugs & keep content rolling out.

Your server was practically done for you as most of those instances were generated by the mods you were running. Popular or at the very least populated ArmA 3 servers are mostly the way they are due to being very full of content- drug farms, mining, police stations, hospitals, banks, turtle poaching, a full set of intricate rules, figuring out who whitelists for what job and getting staff for said server.

There is not going to be a successful Roleplay server based on strictly NPC Encounters on ArmA because we're not discussing RP as a Military Simulator but more of something like DarkRP, GTA RP, Altis Life, Perp etc.. All of which require tons of work that doesn't even come close to the amount you have to put in to throw a few mods on and play an ArmA mission with a few friends.

The workload is just wildly different.

• Content Count:  3401

I'd much prefer a Garry's Mod equivalent if it ever happened, don't think I'd have too much time to actually play it these days but wouldn't mind helping out running it if required.

I believe to run an ARMA server requires a lot of resources and that's why we never got one whenever it came out a few years ago, @Dimitry was usually the one who setup and ran the ARMA servers when we played.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  742

Actually, if you're talking strictly Arma 3, most of the popular RP-type servers such as the Life servers don't even require mods at all half the time and don't take a terrible amount of resources to run. Stuff like Exile requires the mod itself and possibly more mods, but to run a straight Life server just takes a little more effort on the start end. However, it does require maintenance and monitoring; especially if it was PvP enabled.

Gmod is always an option as well, but the additional download files are generally large as hell and GTA had the whole crackdown on mods that killed RP servers a bit back if I remember correctly.

• Content Count:  490

Dropping my two cents on the arma discussion.

Arma RP is insanely bothersome and resource/time consuming to set up and maintain. As All T stated, you can't just slap mods on the server and call it RP.

It requires special mods, it requires mission scripting, it requires rules to be set and people who are allowed to play x roles.

Not to mention when it comes to Arma, something will always break, or change. So you more or less need a dedicated scripter/IT to ensure the server runs flawless. You need to really dedicate yourself if you want to run a Arma RP server.

Which brings me to another aspect of Arma 3 servers. The military aspect.

Normal arma servers are easy to set up for Zeus or just any mission in general. So if you need a server with a certain "Persistent environment" to kinda keep people playing regularly on it, i would suggest making a server with DUWS, Antistasi,Dynamic Recon Ops, Battle Royal, DayZ and Dayz inspired mods.

Having a dedicated Antistasi server for example, would allow a persistent Arma experience where player slowly gain resource and upgrades while also dragging out over a longer game instead of finishing the game in a single day. Contribution to a server where you start out doing Guerilla warfare to slowly building a army.

GTA5 RP on the other hand, was impossible until some nice fellas made a modification that allowed you to host dedicated servers outside of Rockstars shitty online experience. This meant for most people the ability to host RP servers with mods and not having to worry about rockstar cracking down on you with the banhammer.

I believe after the fiasco of mod ban from Rockstar, the dedicated server mod is once again working.

• Like 1
Edited by Dimitry

Reply to Thread