? players online

prophunt?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. prophunt?

• yes
    • nah

prophunt????

• Content Count:  3401

The server is not going to get a community of it's own, the whole population is regs from other servers that are probably only going to be willing to get on once in a while, not keep a steady population for the server.

I looked up prop hunt and found about eleven servers, some even having ws and knife, and all of them had zero people. I really don't think there is any interest for prop hunt on CS:GO. It's a fun event to have once in a while but not a full-time server.

Pretty negative view to have honestly. We'll never know if we don't try.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

Pretty negative view to have honestly. We'll never know if we don't try.

By all means, try, but I don't think it's an impractical view because I think it's quite easy to tell (since ALL the population brought in during the event was our current community) that not many people here will regularly play the server, they'll probably hype it up and play for the first few days but won't give it the steady population it needs. People will continue to play the servers they usually do.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71863&highlight=Casual

Lots of people wanted Casual back, including myself, but not many people played it. I lost interest within the first three or four days because it became a thing where I had to get a group of friends to get on to not play against bots.

If the AO+ really want to go through the whole rinse and repeat process with servers for the third time within a short time-span I say go for it but I think something like Retakes, pistol-only DM, or a (not as much with our current situation) trade server is much more practical.

• Content Count:  1406

By all means, try, but I don't think it's an impractical view because I think it's quite easy to tell (since ALL the population brought in during the event was our current community) that not many people here will regularly play the server, they'll probably hype it up and play for the first few days but won't give it the steady population it needs. People will continue to play the servers they usually do.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71863&highlight=Casual

Lots of people wanted Casual back, including myself, but not many people played it. I lost interest within the first three or four days because it became a thing where I had to get a group of friends to get on to not play against bots.

If the AO+ really want to go through the whole rinse and repeat process with servers for the third time within a short time-span I say go for it but I think something like Retakes, pistol-only DM, or a (not as much with our current situation) trade server is much more practical.

Just because you didnt see it doesn't mean it didnt happen. It wasn't just sg regs on the server. We had quite a few rands join too. If you dont try it how can you say it wont work? Its at least worth more of a shot then zriot.

• Content Count:  3740

if we worked on the basic setup we use right now, we could make the server more fun. prop rotation, better maps, better ratio control, and what ever else we can come up with. it just needs people to care for it. zriot didnt see anyone today and i had prophunt going from 8am et on to right now 12 hours later. it can be done if we put our heart into it.

The biggest question mark with making PropHunt a full-time server is this: does more 'heart' = more server population.

An important piece of homework to do right now (either by me, you, or others) is visit those 11 other dead PropHunt servers and see how much effort was put into those servers: what maps are on their rotation, what props do they use, what plugins do they use, how is their gameplay, how is their balancing, etc. Now, if those servers just plain-suck, we can then start to see how we can differentiate our own PropHunt server to be one-of-a-kind with great balancing, props, maps, and gameplay. However, if those servers are fully decked-out and even more advanced than the PropHunt we run, then it might be a waste of time to beef up our own since the other servers are empty anyways.

The biggest question mark with making PropHunt a full-time server is this: does more 'heart' = more server population.

An important piece of homework to do right now (either by me, you, or others) is visit those 11 other dead PropHunt servers and see how much effort was put into those servers: what maps are on their rotation, what props do they use, what plugins do they use, how is their gameplay, how is their balancing, etc. Now, if those servers just plain-suck, we can then start to see how we can differentiate our own PropHunt server to be one-of-a-kind with great balancing, props, maps, and gameplay. However, if those servers are fully decked-out and even more advanced than the PropHunt we run, then it might be a waste of time to beef up our own since the other servers are empty anyways.

There is a Polish server thats got a good amount of people, and a German community that has a 24slot and a 64slot. Ill try to connect to them tonight when i get home and see how they got them set up.

I checked out the german 64 slot server (its a beta server) and the polish server last night. The polish server had 17 people on it last night and 25 when i checked it this morning. Ill try to make a good demo of the server tonight. Hard to understand stuff as its in polish but still fun.

• Content Count:  1667

I don't think it would work out on SG, there were lots of discussions about this over the last 2 years and people were saying is that he served will be populated for maybe a week to a month but then wouldn't go anywhere after that. Wawa said that we wouldn't know if we won't try so I think we should try it just for the fun of it because people want to play it.

Reply to Thread