? players online

prophunt?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. prophunt?

• yes
    • nah

prophunt????

• Content Count:  6242

it just needs people to care for it. zriot didnt see anyone today and i had prophunt going from 8am et on to right now 12 hours later. it can be done if we put our heart into it.

That's what the zriot people said too. It's what most failing servers say. So I take statements like these with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  4960

That's what the zriot people said too. It's what most failing servers say. So I take statements like these with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This, we don't have the dedicated playerbase to populate these servers to attract new players.

Zriot should be removed too, but it's because our community created the mod.. :p

• Content Count:  1406

I don't think it would work out on SG, there were lots of discussions about this over the last 2 years and people were saying is that he served will be populated for maybe a week to a month but then wouldn't go anywhere after that. Wawa said that we wouldn't know if we won't try so I think we should try it just for the fun of it because people want to play it.

I say we at least give it a month. We will never know till we try. We have tried all kinds of other server types, i say we at leave give it a chance

Edited by CollieFlower

• Content Count:  3740

Let's just say that this has been tried already. The prop hunt plugin broke MVP's, doorstep and much more.

^ This.

Even when plugin is disabled on non-prophunt maps, there are still lingering effects that negatively impact gameplay on MG. Only way to fix that is reboot the server, and that's obviously not a feasible solution for every time the map changes from prophunt to something different.

• Content Count:  6242

Thats one of the bigger problems with changing major configs within a single server. I experimented with this back in CSS to combine a bunch of different gamemodes into one server. Brilliant idea but there was always issues with the change over and if not everything changed correctly you'd end up with a broken server.

• Content Count:  4441

SG generally has a growing chronic problem with being very, very hesitant to do anything relating to server or community work without 4-5 page threads discussing minuscule details that are irrelevant..

It really needs to stop because it's highly counter-productive when someone has an idea and immediately we talk about ZRiot, immediately assume any new server will fail, and bring up past experiences with different management, playerbase, games etc.. It feels like almost any and all discussions these days is immediately met with either overwhelming negativity, or overwhelming positivity instead of doing what SG has always done by carving our own little avenue.

Objectively look at the pros and cons.

Just because a server isn't going to have the love and support of our entire community everyday isn't a reason to not create a server, we put a little bit of work in from the existing SG community and try to create it's own little isolated group like we have with TTT, PB, and ZE. Admittedly even those servers have a problem with admins right now, but something like Prophunt is pretty well maintained by the gamemode mechanics itself so administrating would be very close to a ZE type server rather than super rule oriented like a PB or TTT.

I had tons of fun during the MGT on this server, I would totally log onto this here or there and hearing/seeing what other admins thought of it too I think plopping this in for a 1-2 week trial period to see how it goes is an obvious choice. During a 1-2 week trial period we could look into other servers we might want to replace ZRiot with so if we do end up discarding Prophunt we have other options on the table.

There is no point in not adding this in, if we had to make the plugin and do a shit ton of work to make the server I could see an argument on why we shouldn't do it- but why not do it when we have nearly everything already made? Other communities have tons of servers they throw out there that die but they'd never know if a server was going to be popular or not if they didn't at the very least attempt it. All of our servers are extremely odd defying in the fact that they tend to be pretty basic compared to other servers but all of our popular servers manage to reign top 30 in the US. If we were to follow the mold like everyone else SG probably would not be where it is today so I think not taking other servers success as a concrete scenario of what will happen to us is extremely important if we actually intend to grow the community.

Edited by All Ts

Reply to Thread