? servers

? players online

Razer Phone vs, Iphone X

• Content Count:  3052

well there is a better refresh rate and since i use teamveiwer than refresh rate will help. also i want it beacause these my mom has the s8 (she hates it) and the google pixel is unavialable to me since it is made by sprint (i have verison)

My brother has the Google pixel, and we are on Verizon??

• Content Count:  559

Idk what people are talking about with iphone problems... never had one

I have had almost all of the phones back to the fucking 3gs.

3gs, 4s, 5c, 6s, now i have the 7, and am thinking about the 8. I love the simplicity of iphones. The X isnt that good of an idea,buying the first phone that hasnt had any other versions befoee it like the X which was completely redesinged and has many bugs and will have more, is a bad idea, next year they will have a newer and better X that will also most likely be cheaper.

• Content Count:  46

GET THE ONEPLUS 5T half the iPhone 10s price, faster face unlock, fingerprint scanner, more ram, faster ,has android ,more accurate colors for your photos and HALF THE PRICE OF AN IPHONE X

• Content Count:  2001

GET THE ONEPLUS 5T half the iPhone 10s price, faster face unlock, fingerprint scanner, more ram, faster ,has android ,more accurate colors for your photos and HALF THE PRICE OF AN IPHONE X

Only if you like tinkering with your phone. The support from onePlus usually drops off and is left to xda dev's and you're left flashing your own custom roms to fix problems OnePlus doesn't bother to do anything about. Also, OnePlus support is garbage.

• Content Count:  46

Only if you like tinkering with your phone. The support from onePlus usually drops off and is left to xda dev's and you're left flashing your own custom roms to fix problems OnePlus doesn't bother to do anything about. Also, OnePlus support is garbage.

i wouldn't mind that personally . if whats your saying is true then that's a shame because oneplus is a small company they should have an advantage in support and in listening to peoples complains

• Content Count:  1385

Give me a photo of you and it'll probably unlock on that. It just uses the camera to determine whether it's you or not, so it's incredibly easy to fake that.

More RAM is an absolute gimmick. I can absolutely guarantee you that the phone isn't going to be using all of it at any given time due to either software constraints or hardware limits. It's just there to be another big, meaningless number.

Everything else is preference. The reason why it's cheaper is:

1. The support for OnePlus phones is absolutely abhorrent. My phone was completely fine (I got a OnePlus One), although a couple of friends had dead-on-arrival phones or problems with the screen matrix and they had to go back and fourth (for nearly 2 months as shipping and re-shipping takes time) to get their issues fixed. Can't even get your money back as they have to figure out whether it wasn't you who broke the phone. Few other friends had broken iPhones from the store, went back to the store and they changed them without much talk.
  2. The quality on OnePlus phones is quite bad. Overall, it's a decent phone, but there's minor defects that you notice overtime and certain parts break very quickly regardless of how you treasure it. The back on the phone was really nice... until I used it for around a year or two, the thing is now full of random scratches and the material is nothing like it used to be.
  3. The battery is pretty terrible as well compared to the one in iPhones. Initially, it might last you a longer time than one in an iPhone, but after you go through somewhere around 500 battery cycles, it's going to feel... I wake up at 6AM, barely use the phone until around 8AM and with minimal use, when I get back home around 4-6PM, the phone is pretty much dead.
  4. There's no brand stores for OnePlus phones. Might not seem like a big deal, until you realize that if you have some sort of issue with it. All the parts will have to come from warehouses in China. Not sure if it's the same in the US though...
  5. The warranty is absolute shitee. Can read more about that on the internet.
  6. The software is relatively decent for an Android phone. But after they broke up with Cyanogen, Oxygen OS is absolutely shit. It has lots of bugs, freezes up a lot randomly, features don't work like they're supposed to. Besides, they've completely cut the support of my OnePlus One. It doesn't even update properly so I am either stuck with a very old version that's full of security loopholes or I have to download some university guy's ROM that he's half assedly created for a computer science project...
  7. They don't retain their value whatsoever. I bought my OnePlus One for around 350 EUR, it's worth around 50-100 EUR now and no one's going to buy it. It's only a 3 year old phone.

It's a decent phone overall, especially if you compare it to Samsung ones as they're absolute crap. They're a living meme amongst my friends and I haven't seen anyone buy the newer Samsung phones, because they've already ruined their image.

Overall it depends on how you're going to use it and for how long you're going to use it. If you plan on getting a new one in two years, than getting a cheaper phone is quite a better idea, than buying an expensive one.. Unless you can sell it at a good price.

Edited by Vy

• Content Count:  452

When I can afford it I am switching to a Samsung Galaxy S8 because of the notorious iPhone problems. I have had 3 different models in the last 4.5 years and each time I think the new iPhone will be better. I have had to replace one because the battery was so bad that it would die while being plugged in. The next one was fried with the iOS 10 update. My current on has started to freeze, glitch, and open things that I don't even touch. I'm hesitant to update to iOS 11 on my current one because I think the update will be worse for it. Sure, the new iPhone is going to be great for about a year, then it will start to develop these same problems. In my opinion, it's going to be a waste of money for the amount of time that it will be a good phone.

Not sure if your iPhone is still under warranty, but regardless make a genius bar appointment. When you show up to your appointment ask that the lead genius handle your appointment. He/She will 100% take care of the problem and cover the bill if the phone shows no sign of exterior damage. Software wouldn't fry a battery, most likely just just a defective unit.

• Content Count:  113

Not sure if your iPhone is still under warranty, but regardless make a genius bar appointment. When you show up to your appointment ask that the lead genius handle your appointment. He/She will 100% take care of the problem and cover the bill if the phone shows no sign of exterior damage. Software wouldn't fry a battery, most likely just just a defective unit.

It's an iPhone 6 so probably not under warranty. I should've been more clear, but with my last one the SIM card got fried with the iOS 10 update and neither Apple or my carrier would take care of it so I had to just get a new phone.

Reply to Thread