? servers

? players online

TTT as it is now and Incentives

• Content Count:  2844

I actually like the idea of having a separate ranking system. Because CS:GO is such a competitive game, people like to have something to compete for. I feel like having some sort of ranking system only benefits us giving the players some sort of goal to reach for. We could definitely give it a try if we can come up with something suitable for TTT.

Now as it has been mentioned, the karma system was implemented to give players the incentive to play properly. As we now know it became kind of a ranking system. I personally see nothing wrong with people wanting to go for the max karma, but apparently people take it way too seriously. I'm afraid that if we do decide to go how the karma was on GMOD TTT it will become obsolete where no one will even care about it and it's just on the background.

• Content Count:  1289

In addition to adding a proper ranking system, do you think it would be possible to make karma the way it was intended to be aka the way it was in GMod TTT? It used to start players off at 1000 karma, you would gain/lose karma for killing the right/wrong people, and every map change it would reset players back to 1000 karma. I've never been an advocate of permanent karma as I had a hunch it would turn into a way for people to stroke their e-peen.

The karma system in the past has never been an issue and had always worked. I completely agree with what Extreme is saying.

Because CS:GO is such a competitive game, people like to have something to compete for.

CS:GO IS a competitive game but TTT is a mod of a game and that mod was based off Gmod and now is on CS:GO and yes some people take the game way too seriously but its not an actual competition when you're playing the base regular CS:GO

I'm afraid that if we do decide to go how the karma was on GMOD TTT it will become obsolete where no one will even care about it and it's just on the background.

I've spent countless hours back in the the days on TTT not because of the karma, it was because I was having fun with the players, friends and the community. I've had so many memories and great times on Gmod TTT and the karma system was never an influence for people to stay on or in the server. GMod has always been about "fun" and "having a good time"

There should still be an incentive based off what @Liam Brown is saying with an actual ranking system (similiar to ze like with points) but regardless the incentive shouldn't have to do with how high the karma is but how good a player "actually" is. Could be a monthly rank reset system as well. Just my .02

• Like 1

• Content Count:  150

My only real issue with Karma is that you don't receive karma bans. I see people with less than 800 karma, almost borderline 500 karma. That's a lot of RDM unaccounted for. There's absolutely no reason why your Karma should fall below 900 unless you are being a sly little turd and tapping people when you shouldn't be. As for increase.. decrease.. I could care less what happens, but I agree with Liam.. it's being used in the wrong way currently and I've been watching people a lot more with less than 1k.

• Content Count:  1051

There should still be an incentive based off what @Liam Brown is saying with an actual ranking system (similar to ze like with points) but regardless the incentive shouldn't have to do with how high the karma is but how good a player "actually" is. Could be a monthly rank reset system as well. Just my .02

This has been something that I have thought about for a while. The only problem I see is making the server too competitive. I see this becoming the goal in TTT instead of enjoying the game mode. But I would love to see this work as it could be very beneficial. If we could find a way to balance the competitive aspect with keeping the common goal of TTT, it would make us stand out.

• Content Count:  712

My only real issue with Karma is that you don't receive karma bans. I see people with less than 800 karma, almost borderline 500 karma. That's a lot of RDM unaccounted for. There's absolutely no reason why your Karma should fall below 900 unless you are being a sly little turd and tapping people when you shouldn't be. As for increase.. decrease.. I could care less what happens, but I agree with Liam.. it's being used in the wrong way currently and I've been watching people a lot more with less than 1k.

Yes, I completely agree. Any player that doesn't RDM will probably have a karma above 1000, because they will likely have many T rounds. If a players karma is under 800 or to a certain number, they should recieve a warning/ban because it is obvious that they are breaking the rules. If they play a lot, they should be gaining karma rather than losing karma if they are not trying to RDM. Heres a screenshot I took about 1/2 months ago.

https://gyazo.com/787b119b3426e0bc56a253e0919bde85

As you can clearly see, 2 players are under 900 karma; they should be warned for that

One player is almost down to 600, it is quite obvious that he has been RDMing a lot of definitely should be punished

The bottom guy, is at 220 karma... any person can tell that he has been RDMing a lot...

If someone has slightly under 1000 karma, it might just be a small mistake or something.. but no one should be able to play on TTT with karma this low.

• Content Count:  1020

Honestly have to disagree with this knowing circumstances that can happen on the server like people could be playing 100% by the rules but still drop that low....and if we made karma bans people would purposely t-bait players they didn’t like or players near a karma ban just to say “hey I just did that and got someone I didn’t like banned...Let’s do it again!”(turning it into a shit show)—we have admins and player complaints for a reason. And to as the karma limit it goes, I personally would want one that resets every map but without a ranking system many people wouldn’t be happy campers because they couldn’t grind anything

• Content Count:  678

Can we kill one bird with two stones here and turn the current karma system to match the gmod karma system, then use Game.me for those competitively driven players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  71

Not sure how well itd work but maybe have a different karma score for each map and add them all up pre reset and see who comes out on top and this could encourage people to also try out other maps that aren’t usually played as much as people want as many top scores as possible.

• Content Count:  658

At first I was going with the idea of ONLY increasing the karma cap but after reading the responses of @LargeAll, @xDoodles, @tides, @eXtr3m3 and @Liam Brown my views changed.

Having a generous amount of play time, alot of experiences and a strong knowledge of the rules on TTT this is what things I think should stay and what things should go.

The max karma being uncapped from 13337 in my opinion would be a good change. To counter the possible new system from becoming boring the karma should reset much more often (1-1.5 months) with store credit or name tag rewards to the people with the top 5 most karma to encourage less RDM even more. TTT will always be competitive and the removal of the RDM stat was enough to get rid of the RDMers trying to get to #1 RDM stat.

Changing the punishment for RDMing your T buddy, innocents and detectives to -10, -50 and -100 is a change I agree with but alongside that changing the reward of killing a T to +20 or +25 so regulars that mess up once or twice can gain their karma back a bit quicker.

Karma bans are a thing I don't agree with for all the reasons that @WavY stated. It would be even more obsolete if some of the changes stated above happen.

TTT is due for some major changes. Lets make them happen!

• Content Count:  71

Changing the punishment for RDMing your T buddy, innocents and detectives to -10, -50 and -100 is a change I agree with but alongside that changing the reward of killing a T to +20 or +25 so regulars that mess up once or twice can gain their karma back a bit quicker.

My thing with this is it’s really unforgiving towards new players that don’t dont quite have a grasp on the rules or how to play and even though the server and game mode may have been around for a long time we still have a decent amount of new people show up everyday to try the game mode.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread